4 days post op

• Hi everyone.. I haven't been on in a couple weeks, but im back. Im 4 days post op from my VSG. Im still in a lot of pain when I move or stand up. If anyone has ideas on what to take in it would be greatly appreciated!
  • I took Vicodin for a month. I can't say I would especially recommend it. I had a lot of pain and it really works. Had to have people drive me around and was definitely spacey. Tylenol did not even touch it.

Best witses on your recovery!

Dee
  • hi there! glad you're doing well. please remember - you've just had major surgery - it's gonna hurt for a bit. PLEASE talk to your doc about pain management. vicodin is good for some folks, but lots of people can't tolerate the opioids. and right now, you have to stay away from aspirin.

what did your doc tell you to consume for the first week or two? most of us were having an 'exciting' time on water, SF jello, SF popsicles, and maybe a little yogurt or something.

when's your next appt? should be coming up soon - sometime next week? make a list of all your Qs and concerns - DON'T LEAVE ANYTHING OUT - and talk with the doc and maybe the nurse. I promise you - NOTHING you say will surprise them.

DRINK WATER!!!