Restart, Reboot January 1, 2014

You're on Page 8 of 26
Go to
  • Quote: Hi MARS735 yes I thought about that but I have not been totally constipated. I have been going every other day albeit not as much as I would like to. Sorry for the TMI. I am going to up my water and hope it helps to shed the extra poundage.
    nothing to be sorry about here! Adding to the tmi, it can be an issue even when we are going everyday. Been there, done that! Upping the water is a great idea.
  • effects of a low carb diet or just IP, not sure - canker sores in my mouth and pimples in places I never even thought I could get pimples!!!

and I'm absolutely sure it's the diet. Anxious to get to goal so I could phase off and start maintaining while eating healthy again.
  • Quote: Hey y'all, I am rebooting starting today.... I started my original IP last Feb 15th, lost 30 lbs and gained a whole new way of looking at food. Christmas cookies, eggnog, and extra alcohol over the holidays put 10 lbs back.

Since then, I have noticed "food creep" (like it talks about in the Refuse to Regain book), where bad foods start creeping in, a bite here and a bite there, or several bites. In fact this weekend I found myself eating out of the kids Valentine bags--- Laffy Taffy and cheap chocolate?? WHY???

Anyway, here I am for a reboot, more than anything to get my brain back on track. I started off with one of my best habits from before-- having a 10:30 snack of sauteed spinach and mushrooms. This morning I threw in some of the cucumber I had been chopping for later as well, and you know what? Sauteed cucumber is SUPER yummy!

Have a wonderful day!
    good luck with your reboot, you will have those lbs off in no time. Good for you for not gaining all of it back entirely
  • Well the weekend went about as expected. I gave in to some treats at the wedding on Saturday, and then the last two days have been bad since I can never just have one cheat day. That was always my problem in maintenance, I couldn't just have a cheat meal or cheat day. Once I eat some unhealthy food I could eat an entire pantry full. Doesn't help that it's TOM so my cravings were all over the place to begin with.

Oh well, I'm back on today. I'm up 3 lbs, but I know it's all water weight, just hoping it'll only take a couple days to lose it. Hoping to be back to 128 by Friday. I've only got 3 more weeks to go before I start phase 3, so it's down to the grind now!
  • Thanks Mars735. It was a huge NSV for me because I was definitely wanting some of that delish looking BBQ. I figured the extra cup or two of veggies was not going to be such a big deal...not anywhere close to BBQ sauce, biscuits, etc.

Sunflower, congrats on getting into the 130's! This is exciting news! Stick with it! I am rooting for you!

knm I hate TOM while on phase 1. It is exhausting to fight the battle. I am sure your weight is all water.

TMI here guys but I have had major big C issues. Finally went today and I am hopeful that the scale moves because I am sitting at 135 which is where I was a week ago. WTH? I know last time two weeks of phase 1 I was around 133ish. I figured I would chug chug this week. I am two weeks away from phase 3 and halfway done with this reboot. Praying I get down to 125. I would be elated!

dukeofllano, welcome back. I gained about 6-8lbs myself through the holidays and have jumped back on. Two weeks today. mine is hanging on more than I would like but hey, its OK. Good luck and keep us all in the loop.
  • Quote: Well the weekend went about as expected. I gave in to some treats at the wedding on Saturday, and then the last two days have been bad since I can never just have one cheat day. That was always my problem in maintenance, I couldn't just have a cheat meal or cheat day. Once I eat some unhealthy food I could eat an entire pantry full. Doesn't help that it's TOM so my cravings were all over the place to begin with.

Oh well, I'm back on today. I'm up 3 lbs, but I know it's all water weight, just hoping it'll only take a couple days to lose it. Hoping to be back to 128 by Friday. I've only got 3 more weeks to go before I start phase 3, so it's down to the grind now!
    sorry to hear about that knm, you can recover from this, don't let it get to you. Did your give yourself 3 weeks before starting phase 3? or did your coach do that?

I had a good weekend, went to two bday parties and went out to lunch and I think I did OK, probably not 100% but pretty close to it. I'm sure I ate too many calories in meat and probably too many veggies. Today I am feeling exhausted!! Just feeling to eat a sandwich, need me some energy. I had my oatmeal for lunch and it's just not cutting it today. Man this is hard.
  • Quote: Thanks Mars735. It was a huge NSV for me because I was definitely wanting some of that delish looking BBQ. I figured the extra cup or two of veggies was not going to be such a big deal...not anywhere close to BBQ sauce, biscuits, etc.

Sunflower, congrats on getting into the 130's! This is exciting news! Stick with it! I am rooting for you!

knm I hate TOM while on phase 1. It is exhausting to fight the battle. I am sure your weight is all water.

TMI here guys but I have had major big C issues. Finally went today and I am hopeful that the scale moves because I am sitting at 135 which is where I was a week ago. WTH? I know last time two weeks of phase 1 I was around 133ish. I figured I would chug chug this week. I am two weeks away from phase 3 and halfway done with this reboot. Praying I get down to 125. I would be elated!

dukeofllano, welcome back. I gained about 6-8lbs myself through the holidays and have jumped back on. Two weeks today. mine is hanging on more than I would like but hey, its OK. Good luck and keep us all in the loop.
    thanks endandc - I have bought the smooth move and used it only once, don't take it and go to work like I did it does work
    the big C can add quite a few lbs but mostly it just makes you feel like crap
  • Yeah, I feel bloated and lethargic which sucks because I am not eating anything practically to warrant that. I hear you on the this is hard...I swear my emotions swing from feeling confident to feeling like I cant take it anymore multiple times each day while doing this. One minute I am like this is fine, I can make it two more weeks then an hour later I am fantasizing about food and when I can be done. Ughhhhh. Rough for sure! Where did you buy the tea?
  • Quote: sorry to hear about that knm, you can recover from this, don't let it get to you. Did your give yourself 3 weeks before starting phase 3? or did your coach do that?

I had a good weekend, went to two bday parties and went out to lunch and I think I did OK, probably not 100% but pretty close to it. I'm sure I ate too many calories in meat and probably too many veggies. Today I am feeling exhausted!! Just feeling to eat a sandwich, need me some energy. I had my oatmeal for lunch and it's just not cutting it today. Man this is hard.
    I gave myself the 3 more weeks. I have a number of out of town trips planned, some for work, some with friends. I just want to phase off properly beforehand and slowly reintroduce the carbs and stuff before going hog crazy. In my mind I'd still like to eat Phase 2ish afterwards, and if I want to be skinny for my wedding I'll do my best to eat like that until my wedding, but I don't want to be spending money on product during the week if I'm gonna be having wine or off plan food on the weekends. I've read of some people continuing to lose weight in maintenance, and I think I need to approach it that I'm not in full on maintenance. I can have a cheat meal once a week as if I was in maintenance, but during the week I need to stick to veggies and protein.
  • Quote: Yeah, I feel bloated and lethargic which sucks because I am not eating anything practically to warrant that. I hear you on the this is hard...I swear my emotions swing from feeling confident to feeling like I cant take it anymore multiple times each day while doing this. One minute I am like this is fine, I can make it two more weeks then an hour later I am fantasizing about food and when I can be done. Ughhhhh. Rough for sure! Where did you buy the tea?
    I hear ya!
    I bought the tea at the organic store downtown, not sure what the name is though, it was expensive, 20 bags were 6 something
  • I made it through yesterday, although I was very close to blowing it. I went into the pantry and almost grabbed some dry cereal... seriously! Dry Vector! Thankfully the box was still sealed so that convinced me it wasn't worth it! Phewf! Feeling better today. Meeting a friend right after dinner for tea so that will keep me busy and full tonight.
  • Hi knm, glad to hear you're made it through the day. I felt so hungry this morning I wanted to eat my arms out. I swear if I don't lose atleast a lb this week I'm gonna freak lol.

Tonight I'm going to the rice bowl for supper for my niece's birthday. Just a korean fast food joint, I ordered ahead the skinless chicken and veggies with shrimp, no rice and no sauce. But I know the sodium will make the scale go up. Thankfully I don't weigh each day so don't care to know, but hopefully by Saturday it disappears. When I eat out I always feel like I'm cheating because I haven't prepared it myself.
  • Quote: effects of a low carb diet or just IP, not sure - canker sores in my mouth and pimples in places I never even thought I could get pimples!!!

and I'm absolutely sure it's the diet. Anxious to get to goal so I could phase off and start maintaining while eating healthy again.
    I just watched my IP video this morning about hormones and the Dr. Mentioned that fat stores hormones and some people's fat has more testosterone in it so when you are losing on IP you will experience acne or pimples..... estrogen will cause others to lose hair.... some who are in early stages of menopause will get there period again... I thought it was interesting...
  • Interesting info hiker. Thanks for sharing.
  • Quote: Hi knm, glad to hear you're made it through the day. I felt so hungry this morning I wanted to eat my arms out. I swear if I don't lose atleast a lb this week I'm gonna freak lol.

Tonight I'm going to the rice bowl for supper for my niece's birthday. Just a korean fast food joint, I ordered ahead the skinless chicken and veggies with shrimp, no rice and no sauce. But I know the sodium will make the scale go up. Thankfully I don't weigh each day so don't care to know, but hopefully by Saturday it disappears. When I eat out I always feel like I'm cheating because I haven't prepared it myself.
    How was the Rice Bowl? That's great that you planned ahead. Doesn't give you the chance to make a last minute decision you might regret!

I was back down to 129 this morning. Thankfully! I'll go to my weigh in either tomorrow or Saturday. I still had lots of product and with my cheat last weekend I wasn't in a rush to get on the scale in front of my coach.

Starting to make plans for the weekend to stay busy and keep my mind off of food!