Restart, Reboot January 1, 2014

You're on Page 4 of 26
Go to
  • Chiming in for support.... I'm discouraged, sad, frustrated and angry that I'm not achieving the results from 1st time. Only .5 loss this week.
    I may need to switch things up a little -- meaning the order in which I consume my protein, veggies, etc.
  • Quote: Chiming in for support.... I'm discouraged, sad, frustrated and angry that I'm not achieving the results from 1st time. Only .5 loss this week.
    I may need to switch things up a little -- meaning the order in which I consume my protein, veggies, etc.
    Don't forget about inches..and have you been exercising? Muscle weighs more...and..you ARE that much closer to goal.Not a bad thing! Don't get caught up in the scale...it's only a piece of the process..keep it in perspective.
  • Quote: Chiming in for support.... I'm discouraged, sad, frustrated and angry that I'm not achieving the results from 1st time. Only .5 loss this week.
    Stalls can be so frustrating. It has to come off eventually. So keep going. Look for those NSV as much as you can. I like the idea of measuring.

Do you ever reward yourself for just staying on program? It helps me sometimes to get through a rough spot. I like to go out and buy a cool piece of jewelry...I don't want to buy any clothes, since I will get to go shopping in my closet.

You and I are in the same spot almost exactly. About the same height and weight. And I am also "on a reboot".
    The second time around is harder, according to my coach and I have seen other comments about that on these threads.
    The good news is that you KNOW it works, and it will this time too. Physiologically it just has to if you stay OP.
    And
    You are probably due for a big whoosh!

One more tip. I really like the Smooth Move tea, for one obvious reason (poop weighs a bunch sometimes) and it is a good way to get water in . I drink one per day. More than one a day would put me in the bathroom most of the day!

Hang in there. I'm with ya!
  • I'm in the same boat this week, scale barely moved at home, I have my official WI in a couple of hours. I just hope I lost inches because I can see my body shrinking.

I'm discouraged because I did everything right this week. Very frustrating but can't let the scale defeat me.
  • Delgen I must try that smooth move tea. It's been tough "going" this week. Do you get it from the health food stores?
  • Quote: I'm in the same boat this week, scale barely moved at home, I have my official WI in a couple of hours. I just hope I lost inches because I can see my body shrinking.

I'm discouraged because I did everything right this week. Very frustrating but can't let the scale defeat me.
    Find some NSV from the week if you can. I hope it goes well!
  • This time around is much slower for me as well... and I was a very slow loser last time...

Instead of getting down, I make it motivate me to NOT get in this situation anymore where I NEED a big reboot!! If I would have not fallen off the wagon, I wouldn't be here complaining about my slow losses.

Keep with it everyone... remember a small loss is better than a zero loss or a gain.
  • Quote: Delgen I must try that smooth move tea. It's been tough "going" this week. Do you get it from the health food stores?
    I got it at Target!
  • Quote: I got it at Target!
    I have seen it at several grocery stores within the specialty/herb tea selections as well as at Walgreens ..The Vitamin Shoppe and other drug store chains...

Has anyone tried the chocolate? I've seen it on line, but have not found a single box to try..

Actually I use smooth move frequently..(not daily..maybe 1or2 X /week) on the direction of my GI team and the surgeon under whose scalpel...I not so gracefully or deftly dodged away from a few months ago. MgCitrate capsules are a help 3-4 days a week. I take 2 of them at lunch time. (about 400Mg) with EXTRA water.

There are also some other Asian teas that have senna as a major ingredient...(you can tell by the name of the tea what it's supposed to do ..LOL) ...check the ingredients. They work pretty well too.

First few times you try any of this stick close to home or office restroom as degree/speed of reaction varies by individual. 2 dulcolax in the AM will do it's job by dinner usually.....if the smooth move for some reason is a dud. I do resort to that at least 1-2 X a month. It is a given though I have an anatomical issue that is not forgiving since I began this diet...even though I am pretty much on maintenance now, my experience is one of an ongoing issue unrelated to IP......just exacerbated by any of the protein products or supplements I use to help maintain. If you are having severe issues...I can not stress enough to loop your Dr. into your protocol. If your clinic is not run by an MD...the "coach" is not going to be your best source of reassurance what you are doing is a good thing.
  • Okay everyone
    Attitude adjustment time!

If you don't like the slow moving scale, perhaps you'd trade for my months-long stall?
    If I can be stalled and still plugging along, glad I'm not gaining it all back, you can be losing slowly and moving forward at turtle speed. It's all good!

A loss is a loss!
    Celebrate it!
  • The "Gold" standard...
    Quote: Okay everyone

If you don't like the slow moving scale, perhaps you'd trade for my months-long stall?
    If I can be stalled and still plugging along, glad I'm not gaining it all back, you can be losing slowly and moving forward at turtle speed. It's all good!

A loss is a loss!
    Celebrate it!

Everyone...take heed...
    One day at a time...the finish line is not going anywhere..... You will need to make your peace, as many of us have had to do in this. In the long run it is all good. You are healthier than you were, and striving for better...is not ever bad!
  • Quote: I got it at Target!
    oh really? Canada has Target now, have to get some. This Big C kills me sometimes.

Back from my official WI and the scale stayed the same this week
    I was soooo hoping to be in the 130's this week
  • Slow & Steady wins the race

I found Smooth Move at Wegmans, WalMart, & Target. I don't drink it often, I didn't know if it was safe. I don't want to become dependent on it. I never have the "c" issue, only on IP

Enjoy the olympics
  • Quote: Okay everyone

A loss is a loss!
    Celebrate it!
    AMEN
  • Quote: Don't forget about inches..and have you been exercising? Muscle weighs more...and..you ARE that much closer to goal.Not a bad thing! Don't get caught up in the scale...it's only a piece of the process..keep it in perspective.
    Good Point 65! I haven't measured since the reboot - I suppose I should! Thanks for the reminder!

Quote: Stalls can be so frustrating. It has to come off eventually. So keep going. Look for those NSV as much as you can. I like the idea of measuring.

Do you ever reward yourself for just staying on program? It helps me sometimes to get through a rough spot. I like to go out and buy a cool piece of jewelry...I don't want to buy any clothes, since I will get to go shopping in my closet.

You and I are in the same spot almost exactly. About the same height and weight. And I am also "on a reboot". The second time around is harder, according to my coach and I have seen other comments about that on these threads.
    The good news is that you KNOW it works, and it will this time too. Physiologically it just has to if you stay OP. And you are probably due for a big whoosh!

One more tip. I really like the Smooth Move tea, for one obvious reason (poop weighs a bunch sometimes) and it is a good way to get water in . I drink one per day. More than one a day would put me in the bathroom most of the day!

Hang in there. I'm with ya!
    Delgen,
    Thanks for the kind words. I know I need to focus on the positive, but sometimes it's hard. I'll look into the tea... if needed. So far, I'm having the opposite problem... same as last time. (a little TMI)

Quote: I'm in the same boat this week, scale barely moved at home, I have my official WI in a couple of hours. I just hope I lost inches because I can see my body shrinking.

(((hugs))) Sunflower. We'll get through it together. For me it's the KNOWING that it works that's keeping me going... I just wish it would be more readily apparent. lol

Quote: This time around is much slower for me as well... and I was a very slow loser last time...

Instead of getting down, I make it motivate me to NOT get in this situation anymore where I NEED a big reboot!! If I would have not fallen off the wagon, I wouldn't be here complaining about my slow losses.

Keep with it everyone... remember a small loss is better than a zero loss or a gain.
    KLD Your stats are very close to Delgen's and mine. We can be in a mini-club together!

Quote: Okay everyone

A loss is a loss!
    Celebrate it!
    Lisa, Thanks for the reality check.

I went out today to a wonderful market for produce and stocked up on all things IP friendly. Then stopped at TJ Maxx and bought a size 8 pair of dress pants... too tight right now, but I AM going to wear them in March!
    Just had a delicious dinner of turkey burger and oven-roasted cabbage.
    Time to watch some mindless TV since hubby is out 2nite.
    Peace to everyone!