Personal Trainer Food?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello all!

I just started my first day on Personal Trainer Food - and it's GREAT-tasting!

My first order was for the full 3 meals plus 2 snacks a day plan. I didn't want to fall off due to hunger my first month.

Cost seems reasonable to me ($399 for 28 days, free shipping). You can also get a Groupon that will save you $100, which I did.

I need to lose a large amount of weight and wanted something delicious and yet simple and fast. I work a lot of overtime and I don't want any excuse to fall back into eating a lot of fast food and take-out! I gained 22 pounds last year doing that.

I think this might just be the ticket! I feel really good about its focus on eggs, meats, vegetables and nuts, with a bit of dairy. I don't do well on carbs, so perfect!

Is anyone here also using PTF and want to share their experience?
  • I started Personal Trainer Aug 26th 2013. Did two months of it and lost 35 lbs. Started doing my own meals for the last three months, due to a great offer they gave me, I am on PT food again. I love it, great food and helps me with portion control.
  • Catgoyle, thanks for writing in! Do you exercise too? I just started back with mild exercise - tonight I walked a half hour. Before I started up a hill, I thought, "Piece of cake!" then my knees reminded me I am over 100 pounds overweight

I did have 1 extra snack tonight, but other than that, I'm not struggling with too much hunger. This surprises me because the portions I am used to eating are really more like 2-3 servings! Something to be said for higher protein plans!
  • Not exercising yet, that is one thing I have not been able to get going on. And I bought a treadmill that is sitting in front of me in the living room! I stare at it every day and think maybe today, then I don't do it. Can't wait for spring, at least then I will get exercise while gardening.
    The low carb high fat way of eating has really worked for me, I don't ever feel hungry and I am not constantly thinking about food anymore.
  • My treadmill is broken, boo! I have to call NordicTrack and see if they can get it going again. One day last year, it just turned on, and that was it, no belt movement at all I tried adjusting a contact inside but no go. Still, there is the great outdoors which is where I will be tonight for another half hour, ha! I can't wait for Spring either though... Phew! I am so over the Arctic air we keep getting in Massachusetts!

I will check back in & report my weight loss after 2 weeks on the PTF plan. I am really excited about it! It's so easy and quick to make, tastes delicious, and doesn't require very low calories (like I did with Medifast) or constant tracking (like I did with Weight Watchers).

Also, the pre-portioned meals are great. I tend to overeat, so while I was on Atkins before, I chowed down on too much and while I felt more energetic, I didn't lose much weight.

I want it SUPER simple and effective, like Weight Loss for Idiots! (no offense intended!)
  • Good luck on PT, I am sure it will work great for you, look forward to hearing your progress.
  • Thank you, Catgoyle! I am really looking forward to my weigh-in on Saturday, February 15th! I have had to resist the siren call of the scale a couple times but I am staying strong!
  • update?
    Hey!! I was just curious how have things been going for you on the PTF diet? I just bought this for myself and my boyfriend so we can do this together and plan to start tomorrow. I just bought the lunch and dinner option since obviously I’m not made of money lol. We are struggling to find information on what snacks We are allowed to have and how much, we bought string cheese and turkey snack sticks (like beef sticks), bananas and nuts but unsure of other options and how much we can have of each of those. We are also unsure on what kind of drinks I am allowed to have... tea? Coffee? juice? Also, trying to decide our routine each day is going to be difficult.

Do you have any recommendations or tips for any of this?? Anything would be helpful or any sites you have found providing informaiton. Thank you!
  • SBW0624, I got several fliers with my shipment, including a Do and Do Not list of food & drinks. The only fruit recommended is 1 apple a day. If you did not get this same paper, you should call them & ask them to mail or email it to you

It reads in part:
    * Cheese is ok, 6 oz. a day
    * Eggs ok
    * Seafood, meat, sausage or salami sticks, all ok
    * Nuts, 3 oz. ok (total) of these kinds: almonds, pistachios, macadamia, sunflower seeds
    * Tea, coffee, diet drinks ok (and water, of course! ha!)

Fruit juice is not ok - basically you are controlling your carb intake and fruit juice is very carb-heavy.

It goes very well for me when I am not dumb and go off it I lost 5 pounds my first week then I got cocky and thought I could have a small cheat. NOPE.

The routine is super easy. You just take the food out of the fridge or freezer and nuke it, tear open the bag, dump on plate and enjoy Piece of (imaginary) cake!

The site itself has a chat link, email and a phone number for support: [email protected] or 1-800-273-1686

Plus they have a lot of videos on YouTube...

Good luck! Keep us updated! I am about to place my 3rd order! They also have discounts on repeat orders... Check it out!

Personally, I find it the most tasty packaged food diet I have ever been on, better-tasting than Medifast, Weight Watchers, Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice. The vegetables especially are delicious and the garlic sauce (extra bottles can be bought, 1 comes with box) is great too. It's real food and healthy, in reasonable portions.
  • I started about 9 days ago on a recommendation by a friend who'd loss 40lbs. I have loss about 5 lbs so far.

This is the perfect plan for me. I CANNOT cook and I've been dying to get back on a plan where I lose weight which is OA or FAA food plan. Not only can I not cook, but this plan only consist of protein and veggies! Perfect! I add a salad or coleslaw to lunch and dinner.

Good luck!
  • I am day 4 of PTF, and I like it alot. Easy, cost effective with a coupon. I am happy that it is getting me on track in that making food choices is easy ( they do it). Do I snack? Absolutely but I am sticking to things like cukes dipped in ranch , or some turkey and cheese sticks what ever I feel a craving for at the moment.
    Today is the first day I did not wake up starving and when I do eat I am not in the fridge in 15 minutes looking for something else. So who knows maybe my snacking as of today will subside a little
    Have a great day everyone!!!!
  • Kelly, thank you, and good luck! I just placed my third order! I love the convenience - and the taste too! I skipped the breaded "meat sticks" this time though; while they are really good, I think they made me crave carbs more than I should I got a bit sidetracked last month in the land o' carbs!
  • @BerkshireGrl...A little off-topic, but I noticed the Italy trip in your signature. I've been wanting to go there as well and checked into some organized tour guide things, and the one that interested me most I couldn't do because of my weight. So while I have a larger goal of getting to 150, one of my mini-goals is to get under 250 since that's the weight limit for the attraction I'd love to do when I get to Italy in the next year (Segway tour of the Angels and Demons sites).
  • LesMillsLuvr, I just Googled that tour! Very cool! (Closest Segway smily, haha!)

I am on crunch time now... I initially wanted to be under 200 pounds, but that is physically impossible, so I made my goal more achievable

I am thrilled to be going! It does not seem real yet... But my ticket is bought and reservations are made! I am meeting my boyfriend's family in Milan, and from there, zooming off all over the place. I read that Rome can be killer hot in the summer, so I am trying to lose as much ballast as possible

Good luck and best health to all of you too!
  • Hi everyone. Well 2 weeks in, I fell off the PTF wagon due to a family emergency that lasted five days out of town. If I had known I would be trapped like a refugee I would have brought, clothes and my food with me. I came home and started back immediately . Except for 3 nights of alcohol I have left the carbs alone.
    I am down almost 14 pounds and cannot believe it. I hit the 180's today. I am getting cravings lately and found a couple of swigs from an atkins chocolate daybreak shake does the trick. I have not exercised AT ALL. Think it would have been better, next month perhaps. I have also gotten back into some very good eating habits . the food is pretty good, but I am probably going out on my own as it is too pricey without the groupon