Welcome February! Weekend SBD Chat, 2/1-2/2

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm passing around the coffee!

February is starting off with brilliant clear blue skies and mild temps today, although it's not going to last. We're supposed to get clobbered again this next week with 3 storms coming through.

Jake and I are off to NJ this morning to spend the day at DDs. She wants Daddy to look at her dishwasher, among other things on her Daddy-Do List.

Any exciting plans for your weekend? Who's looking forward to watching the Superbowl Game?
  • Rabbit! Rabbit! Rabbit! Weekend Chat
    Yippee! I'm first in so can say it! Humour me - I lead a dull life! Rabbit

Well, I am now out of propane for the stove in the back room so it'll be a tad chilly out there today. My gas dude says he'll be here Monday but ... I may see if I can find an electric heater for temporary warm-up. Last night I wore a coat to watch TV and had a quilt over my legs. The dogs didn't mind it too much and were snuggled together on the couch this morning.

I am so darned glad that February is here although I know it can be a bad month. So can March for that matter. Sometimes we get the bulk of our snow in March. Today we get another big dump starting this afternoon and supposed to go on for 18 hours! There goes the weekend!

The good news is, that if it does go on that long, the Groundhog will NOT see his shadow and Spring will be here in six weeks.

So today I pull on my Big Girl Panties and get on with "it" whatever "it" brings along.

What's happening in your Saturday morning and can you find those Big Girl panties? Have a coffee before you pull them on.
  • Hummmph! You're only first because I had more to say than you this morning, Ruth!
  • Good morning

Just sitting here waiting for dh to wake up on his birthday. I cant believe that this will be 50 years that we celebrate his birthday together. Married 44 years but he was away going to university for almost 5 years.
    Ruth. One of these days I will remember to say rabbit, rabbit. Does it work
    Cottage. Enjoy your day at dds. Hope Jake can fix everthing for her
    Anyways enjoy your weekend,
    Take care
    Sophie
  • Sophie, wish your DH a very Happy Birthday from me! Fifty years is a lot of time to spend together, congratulations!
  • Sophie, I don't think the rabbit, rabbit, rabbit works. Darned it. Happy Birthday to DH! Are you doing anything special?

Ruth - out of propane?!?! We actually ran out of heating oil at work yesterday (really?!?) Apparently, no one even knows how to check, and since we're about to start remodeling, she was hoping instead to not refill it.

Linda - Have a great day at DD's! My daddy was great at fixing stuff .

DH is leaving off to the state forest to chop wood (you pay like 15 bucks or so to get a ton!), which will keep him out of trouble and busy for the day. Hopefully, he'll bring DS with him, who was the ABSOLUTE last night, and needs to work a bit too. While they're away and DD is at a sleepover, I get to cook and clean. We're having friends over for supper, and I'm making those mini cheesecakes, since they're doing weight watchers. I will need to close the laptop so I don't waste too much time peeking in here!
  • Good morning.

sophie - Congrats on your years together and happy bday to your DH.

We got white stuff and freezing rain last night. Fortunately we have no where to go today. Tomorrow I work all afternoon. We are going (late because of work) to a Superbowl party. I'd rather watch at home - no food temptation, no noise and distraction, comfortable seat, and I could rewind to watch the commercials, my favorite part. We are bringing fudge and it is MIL's recipe so I'll have DH make it today and try to keep my fingers out of the bowl.

Happy February!!!
  • Thanks everyone. Time sure flies, it doesnt feel like it put thinking back many happy and sad times. My sons are going to be here for dinner and then on monday we are going to a b&b to niagara on the lake for one night
    Have a nice weekend everyone. Dh still isn't up but he is a real night owl
    Take care
    Sophie
  • Good morning,

Cottage have fun at your DD's

Ruth hope you find a heater in the meantime

Sophie happy birthday to your DH sounds like fun plans for today

Tywnn hope your DH brings lots of firewood and takes DS with him

Karen we are under the freezing line so we are just getting rain today and hopefully the temps will stay above freezing so it doesn't turn into ice

DS GF is having a bowling tournament and he wants us to come watch. I am not sure how exciting that will be but we will go and then I want to go look at recliners to get one for DH for early BD present his recliner is in bad shape.

Here's to hoping that the groundhog doesn't see his shadow.
  • Good Morning all... Or afternoon rather.
    We have a snowy start to February here, luckily I have the weekend off so I don't have to go out in it... well except to shovel.

Hope everybody has a super Saturday.
  • Success! I get a small electric heater just over in Lyndhurst - a five minute drive. I also got a thing to fix my bi-fold door and some pot light bulbs. Now I just need a tall visitor - male or female to - install them. I have a beef stew simmering with red wine and herbs and the hosue smells wonderful. We are now in the middle of the storm. The birds always no when it's comign and really stoked up at the feeders this morning. The blu jays gobbled the rest of the Christmas nuts and the remains of the suet ball so they're all set. Snuggle in, Snowbirds!
  • Just a fly-by tonight. We just got back from a few days in NY. Had a nice time visiting the folks and even got out for a great hill top walk yesterday (facebook folks got to see my silly DH trying to make a snow angel in 1" of snow ). Last night we were treated to coyotes yipping and yelling all night long. I wondered what all those tracks everywhere were! My problem is I love just lying there listening to the night creatures so I didn't sleep as much as I could have. So glad we have one more day off! Now I'm going to pick out a movie for a relaxing night back home.
  • Just a quick pop in to say hello!

RiverGirl- love the new avatar! Your hair is a gorgeous color.
    Cyndi- If you visited here, you'd never sleep! We have coyotes most every night for you to listen to

Have a great night everybody!
  • Night time check in I was here yesterday, but too tired to post. I did read everyone's posts.

Sophie I really enjoyed your post. Nice to hear your and your hubby have celebrated for so many years together and continue to do so. I am a hopeless romantic

Ruth I have worn a coat inside my home at times even when there was heat lol. Glad you got a heater.

My big Super Bowl plan includes working an extra four hours tomorrow.....but it is overtime whoo hoo!!!

Have an enjoyable night all.
  • Good morning sleepyheads!

It's superbowl Sunday...and I'm not even sure who's playing. Our bible study is having a superbowl party, but gratefully it's chili and veggie tray (and chips, but they don't tempt me THAT much). Hopefully I'll have time to make out a menu for the week this afternoon ahead of festivities.

Am I the only one that hates making menus? It's not because of SBD, it's because of trying to please everyone. I. Hate. Menus! How 'bout I just feed them hot dogs, while I eat my phase I stuff. (LOL - they'd be thrilled!)

DS really enjoyed that mock cornbread spicy beef stuff...maybe we'll just torture DD by making her eat it again....