IP Weekend Chat Sat 2/1 - Sun 2/2/2014

You're on Page 7 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: Omg I wish I had no appetite. I am PMSing and craving all sorts of bad stuff. Had all 3 packets already today including my restricted Chocolate Brownie. Also had a big mug of Candy Cane Lane tea which helped a bit. Going for coffee with a friend soon so hopefully that will help tame the beast!

I can't help but think your loss of appetite has to do with the tension between you and your DH? Hang in there!
    the tension is the cause.
  • Quote: NSV - Bought an XL shirt for $4 on the clearance rack without trying it on, and it fit!
    Fitting into the regular sizes AND finding a bargain. I'll take those over food any day. You go girl!
  • Thanks so much. I guess I just need to be patient and look at the monthly totals. I appreciate all the support!
  • 8 days 9 pounds lost???
    I've got about 20 pounds to lose - I have been following the program to a tee... Does this seem like quite a bit of weight to lose in such a short time... I was an exercise guru and made no progress... Quit working out and start IP out of pure frustration hoping to lose some fat and I've lost 9 pounds in 8 days... Does this seem right? Thoughts?.... (Not that I'm complaining....
  • Quote: I've got about 20 pounds to lose - I have been following the program to a tee... Does this seem like quite a bit of weight to lose in such a short time... I was an exercise guru and made no progress... Quit working out and start IP out of pure frustration hoping to lose some fat and I've lost 9 pounds in 8 days... Does this seem right? Thoughts?.... (Not that I'm complaining....
    For your first week, that seems about right for the IP program. Do not expect it in the future, though, as a lot of it is water, not all fat.
  • lgg64, I lost 7lbs in my first 10 days but I have a lot more to loose than you do! Did your coach talk about what kind of weight you lost? I was told I lost lean mass and still need to add another protein. Anyway, congrats on a great start!
  • Quote: lgg64, I lost 7lbs in my first 10 days but I have a lot more to loose than you do! Did your coach talk about what kind of weight you lost? I was told I lost lean mass and still need to add another protein. Anyway, congrats on a great start!
    Water could account for your "lean mass" as lean mass is everything that is not fat

View that info with a grain of salt
  • Bruno was good, but I expected more.
  • Thanks for the replies everyone... I will keep keepin' on....
  • Been on IPD for a month and feel better than I have in a long time. I actually like this way of eating! Hated it at first, but the benefits were worth the first hard ten days. I went clothes shopping today - something I have HATED for a long time and I could see the change in my body (14lbs). I actually smiled at myself in the dressing room mirror! Love this forum...
  • Yay Peggy! That is a NSV!

PS. Thanks Lisa!
  • Quote: Watching the same thing but not working on presentations/lesson plans. Thanks for reminding me I have a few progress reports to print.
    My wedding dresses were a 22 in '93 (gown) and 18 in '07 (tea length handkerchief hem)
    The PRICES on this show blow me away.
    My gown was 750 and it looks like the prices have about doubled from that designer. So 1500, not 10K!
    Caught some episodes this afternoon as well. I'm blown away by what some people think is 'acceptable' to spend on a dress. BUT to each their own! I was a princess (debutante) last year in a Mardi Gras Ball and had to get a white gown. I obviously wanted something with straps because of my size so that narrowed down my options. In the end, I had to accept that $1,200 was 'cheap'....that's what I spent...WASN'T EVEN MY WEDDING GOWN! Thankfully I'll be normal size when I get married and won't have such limited options....
  • Quote: Omg I wish I had no appetite. I am PMSing and craving all sorts of bad stuff. Had all 3 packets already today including my restricted Chocolate Brownie. Also had a big mug of Candy Cane Lane tea which helped a bit. Going for coffee with a friend soon so hopefully that will help tame the beast!

I can't help but think your loss of appetite has to do with the tension between you and your DH? Hang in there!
    Hopefully coffee helped. I always find if I distract myself, I forget about the hunger.

Sarahbell, so sorry to hear what you're going through. Do what makes you happy. I'm not married but I live in the same town as my parents and witness their ups and downs. Usually my dad gets frustrated with how my mom spends money when it comes to health. She is always looking for ways to improve herself, be it a way of eating, vitamins, exercise, etc. Anyway, she orders all of her vitamins online and he gets frustrated because he doesn't think she should 'waste money'. THEN the sly fox starts taking them himself and now my mom has to order double! She laughs because they've been married almost 35 years and he's always been that way. Basically, I'm trying to say that she has gotten to the point where yes, they are married, but she is going to do what makes her happy and usually (hopefully) her spouse will follow behind (knowing that it'll benefit in the long-run). If your DH is like my daddy, he just has a hard time admitting loss or defeat....sorry that was so long!