Oct. Newbies- Feeling Fabulous in February

You're on Page 8 of 24
Go to
  • dlr - congrats on getting those 3 lbs off already!
  • Dlr- welcome back! Great job getting back to IP business.

Think I am going to take Steph's advice and focus on what has been achieved rather than the next 25. I do feel 100% better physically.

Want2be, so cool that DH is doing the program with you. Must be nice to have complete understanding of the program at home. I am going to try on some clothes this week. I am also going to start shedding some more of my clothes in the walk in closet- so that there will be lots of room for my new wardrobe when I hit goal. On Pinterest, I am Lolapuff.
  • hello IPers! My weekend with BFF is over, I did 80% good on food, but had several glasses of wine, and then a piece of my early birthday cake. (Is really on the 16th.) My hubby got an authentic Black Forest Cake, and it was yummy.
    I am back on track now, and felt ok with my choices, as we always can't stop living. My losses are slower but I accept that.

I had a lot of photos taken of me and for the first time in 20 years, I really liked how I looked in the photos!!!!! It felt so good, and I feel so proud of myself.

Have a great week everybody!
  • Dlr- Welcome back and good job on losing the vacation weight already. I would think it would be difficult to stay on IP in Mexico.

Wine4Me- Sounds like a fun weekend! That's awesome that you were happy with how you look in the photos. It will be a great way for you to remember the weekend. Happy Early Birthday!
  • Steph: You are right, we need to take a step back and realize what we have accomplished so far, it really is amazing.

Slipfree: Cleaning out my closet was a great feeling. Great for motivation as well, and too see how far I had come.

Wine4me: I think seeing yourself in photos and liking what you see is a huge NSV. Now you can look at those pics with pride. And Happy Birthday!!!

It is a long weekend here for us, just relaxing today, but I have already got in my exercise!!
  • Had my WI in today. Only lost a 1lb. I am happy to have lost anything because I cheated a little.

Maybe it is me but I have been having cravings lately that I just want to try cheese, or fried rice etc. So I did not have alot but if I didnt I suppose I would have lost more.

I also feel I have been more tired lately then having lots of energy. Not sure if it is the weather or what?

I also have been getting very hungry and been eating my lettuce which is not something I usually need or do.
  • Luccilove: I have been having cravings as well lately. It sucks but part of the transformation I guess. Have you tried cauliflower rice for the fried rice craving? I use a grater to grate the raw cauliflower and then cook for a few minutes in a pan with some olive oil, then add soya sauce. To me if looks and tastes almost like the real thing. Also, every week that I have been hungry I have had a big weight loss so keep eating the lettuce, let's see what happens next week.
  • The reason I posted the ???s was because I think most of us are in month 4. Something of IP fatigue. We need to find some new motivation and umph! To get us over this stage.

Any ideas? We are not giving in! Goal weight is in all of our futures!!!
  • Made a fantastic dinner tonight! 6 oz. Of chicken breast coated with 0 Dijon mustard then sprinkled the top with dried shallots, scallions and tarragon. Cook for 30 minutes. Veggies: turnip fries spritzed with spray garlic olive oil, with garlic, pepper salt on top. Roasted fennel pieces sprayed with garlic olive oil and baked. Feel nicely full, which is unusual.
  • Your dinners always sound so good! I got home late and made a spinach & egg scramble to knock out 2 c of veggies and protein. I didn't do my grocery shopping yesterday and didn't feel like going after work today, so I'm eating eggs...pretty boring, but easy. I'm glad I didn't let my hunger and fatigue lead me to make a bad dinner choice. I do need to get more innovative with my meals and actually make the recipes I pin on Pinterest. I still have 55 lbs or so to lose, so I need to make this more interesting. I am burnt out of steamed veggies and Trader Joes grilled or roasted chicken.
  • Kooky, the chicken is very low effort and only takes 30 minutes to cook. I did not go to the grocery store this weekend either, so I am having to get creative with my veggies. Hopefully, hitting the store tomorrow. More snow expected on Thursday
  • want2bskinnyagain-thanks for the Fried rice cauliflower recipe. I will try it this week. I tried Rhubarb today. It taste more fruit and sometimes tart but it worked for me.

We are getting a storm this week min 5 inches they say which is unusual for around here so I will do some grocery shopping today.
  • Slipfree- are dried shallots in the spice section? I've only seen the minced dried onions in that section.

Hope everyone has a good day!

I almost cheated last night, but talked myself out of it and now the scale says 200.6, Hopefully I will be in Onederland for my WI tomorrow (and hit the 40 lbs lost milestone) since the clinic's scale is usually 2 lbs lower than mine.
  • Quote: Slipfree- are dried shallots in the spice section? I've only seen the minced dried onions in that section.

Hope everyone has a good day!

I almost cheated last night, but talked myself out of it and now the scale says 201. Hopefully I will be in Onederland for my WI tomorrow since the clinic's scale is usually 2 lbs lower than mine.
    I'm glad you talked yourself your of the cheat last night. I had a rough time trying to stay 100% yesterday. One of the doctors ordered pizza for the staff and it was so hard not to have a piece but I didn't, and I was rewarded with a loss on the scale this morning. Woohoo! Have a great day October starters. Hopefully we see less drama in the other threads today.
  • Steph- Good job on resisting the pizza! I'm sure that was not easy. That is my weakness and what I wanted last night.

We need to remember how much better it feels to resist cheats and be rewarded by the scale than cheating and setting ourselves back. I do not want to be on P1 longer than I have to and I'm sure no one else does.