Oct. Newbies- Feeling Fabulous in February

You're on Page 6 of 24
Go to
  • Hi everyone,

Hope that all of you are having a great day. Such a weird week with all this snowy weather. I am worn out. Definitely going to watch the Olympics tonight and veg. out in front of the fire.

Whatcha all up to?
  • Just trying to stomach down my broccoli with lunch

NSV, I have worked out 4 days in a row now! Gotta keep forcing it until it becomes a habit!
  • Jig, broccoli is not my favorite either! Some say it is great roasted. I have eaten it once since starting IP. Good luck! Congrats on your 4 days of working out
  • Soooo glad it's Friday!

Had my weigh in today. Down 1.6 which is just okay since it was 11 days since my last WI. Had TOM this week plus a 5k walk last Sunday that made me put on a lb that I fought to get off for the rest of the week. The scale does not like it when I exercise. So kudos to those of you that find it works for you.

I have 18.6 lbs to go til goal. I could really use a whoosh next week lol! I am really suffering from diet fatigue. I have a planned "cheat" night next weekend due to a special event and it can't come fast enough.

Hope you all have a great weekend and I'm sending IP POWER to all of us.
  • Hi Steph,

I am feeling a bit of diet fatigue myself. I think it is because I am tired today. I so wanted a glass of wine tonight, but will be having tea instead. I do not even think it is the plan, I think that winter is getting to me. I am bored. I feel this every year at this time because life slows down so much and I am sick of being cold.

A good whoosh would be great! That might improve both of our spirits.
  • Quote: I am feeling a bit of diet fatigue myself. I think it is because I am tired today. I so wanted a glass of wine tonight, but will be having tea instead. I do not even think it is the plan, I think that winter is getting to me. I am bored. I feel this every year at this time because life slows down so much and I am sick of being cold.

A good whoosh would be great! That might improve both of our spirits.
    Me too slipfree. Winter, cold, stalls, bored. All good reason for fatigue to set in. Powering thru is for the tough-minded, focused, and committed!
  • My slowdown is part of my fatigue too, Lisa. But I am committed, I made a pledge to myself to only indulge for joy. Cabin fever and boredom are not joyful Hitting goal will be joyful, and then... I will be having a glass of great Pinot Noir! Here's hoping that we will wake up tomorrow refreshed. (With a whoosh on the scale)
  • Good morning,

Pretty happy today because the Whoosh Fairy has been kind to me. 185.4 for my Sat. WI!
  • Quote: Good morning,

Pretty happy today because the Whoosh Fairy has been kind to me. 185.4 for my Sat. WI!
    Woohoo! Congrats! You definitely deserve it. Send her my way for next week I have a feeling this will be a good week. I am already down .4 since yesterday - wasn't going to step on the scale but couldn't resist after waking up feeling "lighter" this morning. Funny how you just "know" you have lost weight over night.
  • Quote: Good morning,

Yay!! Congrats! You're doing so great!
  • Slipfree--congrats!!! Great job.

anyone watch the Olympics last night? I love them but maybe it was me. I thought they were really boring and slow for opening night ceremony.

Off to do grocery shopping and errands today!!
  • Jog: Good job on the workouts, I am finding it hard to get into a routine too. Keep going.

Steph: Diet fatigue sucks! Keep pushing thru, and know that you are not alone, we all go thru it. 18.6 is so close, the countdown to single digits is coming up!!! It is amazing how you "just know" youv lost weight. I wonder if we will get the same feeling when maintaining if we gain? So we can get right back on track, wouldn't that be nice.

Slip: Only indulging for joy is a great way to look at things. I am going to have to remember that for maintaining. Glad the whoosh fairy stopped in, hopefully she visits more often!!

Lucci: I watched some of the olympics last night, I was disapointed in them too, thought they were kind of boring. Looking forward to watching some of the events today.
  • Hi,

Thanks for all the support. Would not mind that Fairy stopping by on a more regular basis, she was stretching my patience! 10 pounds until my original goal! Too bad my coach changed it

As for the Olympics, Russia is part of the curriculum that I teach. I wonder if we are more critical because of our political issues with the past and current government. Very interesting for me to see their interpretation of history, would love to hear a Russian citizen's view of it.

I need to get my behind in gear for errands too, but I am not very motivated today.
  • Hi! Had my weigh-in yesterday - loss 4.2 lbs this week! So exciting! Was worried about starting to add some exercise to my routine but it did not drop my lean mass more than any other week so coach says I can continue on current exercise level (which is not much really)!

Slipfree - we seem to be on track with our weights ��. What did your goal weight change to?

I need to get myself going today also - I'm out of veggies - need to make a trip to grocery store to stock up for the week on my favorites - broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers ��
  • Oh - and so excited - calculated my total weight loss goal (93.2) to get to goal of 135. I have only 3.2 lbs to lose to get to my half-way point(181.6)!!! That is so encouraging to me - it will all be downhill from there!!