Oct. Newbies- Feeling Fabulous in February

You're on Page 21 of 24
Go to
  • Welcome back wantanewme! Sorry about the personal stuff but kudo's on getting back into it! Several years ago when I was in better shape (though not much better) I did the Insanity dvds by beach body. Talk about a butt kicker!

Nice work Lucci!

Good job Stephascope and Wine4me on getting back to 100%. I have read (and experienced!) how difficult it is to get back into it once you let off.

Hang in there slip, warmer/brighter days are coming!

Normally I try not to get on the scale every day but I keep trickling down towards the 200's. This morning I was at 301.5. I think I can do it by Friday!
  • Want2be,

Its cool for other people to notice the changes! My grandma is somewhat funny about that though. She is a southern lady who comes from a family of larger individuals. She told me I better not lose any more weight or else I'll blow away. I told her grandma I'm still like 80 lbs overweight, I think I can lose a little more.
  • Evening everyone!

SO good to see (well read) everyone's posts today. It's really super difficult to respond during the day while I'm on the tiny little iphone screen. Didn't get to work out this morning before I went to work (like yesterday), so between work ending and picking up my son for horseback riding, I completed a 5k (3.11 miles). Took 56:13 to get done. Tomorrow I have to go to the dr's before work, so it will be another lunchtime work out. I'm totally enjoying pushing my body in ways I've never done before. **** I thought I'd never be able to finish a 5k.. now I'm trying to best my own personal time! Granted, I'm only averaging 3 to 4 mph, but hey, movement every single day is amazing. And at still over 300lbs, a 5k a day is nothing to sneeze at. In the past 4 days I've walked 10.59 miles. Me... who knew?!

Today's walk was tough.. towards the very end (last half a mile) the wind was blowing, and it started snowing.. Being right out next to the water, there was no cover whatsoever, but it just pushed me to get it done faster!

I've also noticed this little thing in the past week since I started exercising.. it's called *feeling confident and good about me*. This is an alien feeling, but I'm just gonna go with it!
  • Kawaii - You rock! Keep it up and who knows, maybe you'll start running those 5k someday soon!

The high energy and good mood ran into today as well. The scale was GOOD this morning so I hope it stays that way for my WI on Friday.

Keep on fighting the good fight October friends!
  • Great job on the walking, Kawaii!

I have my weigh-in today, actually excited because I know I stuck to the plan about 95%!

I went to the pool and swam steady for 30 min today. I sure hope my muscle pull in my leg heals soon. It has been two weeks, does it normally take so long to get better?
    Have a great day everybody, and I'll check in after my apt.
  • Hi Everyone, it sounds like it's been a good week for the Newbies!

Steph- I'm glad you're feeling better and the scale is moving too! One of the nice side effects of ketosis seems to be improved moods and energy, so that's a good non-weight reason to stay OP.

Kawaii- You're doing great on the walking and I'm glad you're feeling more confident. You looked great in your photos you posted in your new dress.

Jig, glad the scale is moving in the right direction...hope you're feeling better OP and have great WI on Friday.

Wine4Me-good look at your WI! I have mine today too. Not expecting anything major, but I should have at least a small loss according to my home scale.

Slipfree- are you feeling better this week? Are your ankles better?
  • It is snowing here not too bad though. I am so done with winter. My treat today (instead of food) is a nice massage. I am big into them. They really help me relax. Hard for me to relax. I guess I am a type A. Will try some new recipes today.

KookySuki-how is your cat doing? I was thinking of him/her last night. I hope you are both doing better

Wine4Me-Good Luck - cant wait to hear how you did at your WI

JIG-u are so close---u can do it!!!

Kawaii-I think it is great you are walking just please be careful. Dont over do it. I have done that many times and then hurt myself.
  • Might be able to get the new Salt and Vinegar chips on Friday if the order comes in. I bought ALOT of IP food because my clinic's prices are going up March 1.

Heads up --- I am annoyed because my clinic has the new Omega 3 vitamins (has a blue label now) I think there is 60 in a bottle and they are $39!!! The old Omega had 90 pills and were $31. That is very scammy. I dont like that. I think there is a fairly new P1 sheet and now you take less Omega's. This diet is so expensive.
  • Quote: Might be able to get the new Salt and Vinegar chips on Friday if the order comes in. I bought ALOT of IP food because my clinic's prices are going up March 1.

Heads up --- I am annoyed because my clinic has the new Omega 3 vitamins (has a blue label now) I think there is 60 in a bottle and they are $39!!! The old Omega had 90 pills and were $31. That is very scammy. I dont like that. I think there is a fairly new P1 sheet and now you take less Omega's. This diet is so expensive.
    The Salt and Vinegar Chips are very good. You'll like them. My clinic changed the Omega's on me too after I started. I don't know how much the new bottle of 60 are but it definitely is a bit scammy. My coach said they have changed them to krill - not sure if that's any better quality. I need to buy another bottle on Friday. I agree this diet is very expensive and I'm very tempted to switch to alternatives but scared that I won't reach goal if I do that.
  • Lucci,
    The new omegas are 29.95 at our center, and you only take two at dinner time. I take one in the AM, and one in the PM. The formula changed because they "added" the antioxidants into the omegas. My coach told me that IP says the "anti-oxy" should be a required supplement, but centers make choices not to sell that one as a Required Supplement.
  • Hi Lucci, thanks for thinking of Suki. He's doing great! He's got a voracious appetite now that he's feeling better. He'd lost a couple of pounds since his last check up due to his dental issues and it being too painful to finish all of his food. I think he's working towards putting those back on. He seems way better than before he had surgery. I hope his gum issues are gone for good.

I don't take the IP Omega 3's. My doctor who is the owner of my IP clinic has me on Nordic Naturals Arctic D Cod Liver Oil- 2 tsps a day. It's a lemon flavored liquid and doesn't taste bad and one bottle lasts a long time. You might want to look into it.

I want the unrestricted chips! My clinic is not always the best at ordering the new items or maybe the west coast clinics don't have access to them yet. I want some though because my coach has suggested that I cut back on restricteds and replace them with an unrestricted item to see if that helps me lose faster.

I hope you enjoy your massage! I get one every couple of months and love them.
  • Kawaii1002 and stephascope--thanks for the updates. My clinic did not know anything really. they are not on top of stuff. Clinics around here are not that great in general. Sorry for the whine/rant just wish I had a better clinic. Wish there were clinics where you can just buy their stuff at a cheaper online and still go to your local clinic. OR all clinics charge the same price for stuff. I know I wont switch to alternatives because I need to go to a clinic to get weighed in but I wish all clinics have their acts together and know what they are doing

Have a good day!!!!
  • Quote: Might be able to get the new Salt and Vinegar chips on Friday if the order comes in. I bought ALOT of IP food because my clinic's prices are going up March 1.

Quote: The Salt and Vinegar Chips are very good. You'll like them. My clinic changed the Omega's on me too after I started. I don't know how much the new bottle of 60 are but it definitely is a bit scammy. My coach said they have changed them to krill - not sure if that's any better quality. I need to buy another bottle on Friday. I agree this diet is very expensive and I'm very tempted to switch to alternatives but scared that I won't reach goal if I do that.
    Hey guys, don't tell anyone but I went and bought bottle of omega 3s at Costco. My nutritionalist sister said "Omega 3 is Omega 3 - there's nothing special about any of them" so I figured I could spend the extra money on clothes!
  • Just got back from WI and lost 1.6 this week. I'm excited to hit the 50 lbs lost milestone. I'm 3 lbs away from it. Hopefully I can hit (or exceed) that milestone next WI!
  • Jig: Good luck on WI on Friday. You are so close, you can do it!

Kawaii: I started to gain confidence and my self image improved when I started exercising as well. And I also struggle with the confidence, that is not how I would describe myself, I guess it is something new we will have to get used to. At least it is a positive thing!

Steph: Wishing you loser vibes for Friday's WI!

Wine4me: How was WI? I think everyone's muscles are different and you may take longer to heal, hopefully soon.

Kooky: Pretty good WI. Maybe your body is saving up for a whoosh next week!! You are so close to 50lbs, you can do it.

Lucci: Enjoy the message. Nice that you treat yourself like that.

I also had my WI today, I am down 4.4lbs this week and just sqeaked into the 170's, had to weigh twice just to make sure. LOL. It was weird seeing that number on the scale, I think I was around this weight before I got pregnant with my second child, over 10 years ago!!

Sustainable weight loss is a complete lifestyle change, not a 12 week eating plan. I think I have FINALLY figured this out, and this is my last try at losing weight, this time I will keep it off.