Oct. Newbies- Feeling Fabulous in February

You're on Page 20 of 24
Go to
  • Hey everyone,

Congrats on getting into exercising Kawaii! I've been doing really well on that front as well. When I got back from my fishing trip I weighed in at 312. I ended up having to stay on the trip a few days extra and ran out of IP food, not to mention its somewhat hard to stick to IP on a small fishing boat. However, I've done really well and the scale this morning said 304 so I'm hoping to be down below 300 by Friday's weigh-in. If not this Friday then definitely the following one. Been working out 20 minutes every day on my elliptical.
  • Also, I saw several of you post dog pics. Here is our family beagle, Snoopy! Brought her in to work with me a few weeks ago when the temps were in the single digits. She liked that!

• hi my fabulous october starters!

so happy to see so many of you stuck it out.
    remember me? i'm sorry i went MIA on you. after the holidays i fell off the ip wagon and gained back about 10 pounds. i've had a lot going on in my personal life which has kept me off track.
    so about a month ago i decided to take charge of my fitness again. i hired a personal trainer and work out with her 2 times a week. about 10 days ago i started a new dvd series/eating plan by beachbody called 21 day fix. i was hoping the more balanced approach to eating/exercising would jumpstart my weight loss. the thing that sucks is that i've gained a couple of pounds since then.

so here is what i would love to do.
    if you'll have me, it would be awesome to start posting here again.
    i'd like to continue working out, maybe 4-5 times a week for 30-60 minute sessions, with a mix of cardio and weight training.
    i'd like to resume eating low carb, perhaps ip with alternatives, because i think a ketogenic diet is what works best for me.
    on the diet i'm on right now i feel like i get way too many carbs and not enough protein. (4 small servings of protein, 2 carbs, and 2 fruit).

so, can i please rejoin this thread and post her with you all?

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO EXERCISE ON IP: how do you do it? do you add an extra protein, any carbs, and when and how much?

thanks! looking forward to getting back on track and catching up.
  • Hello IPers! Just to report I had a 100% day yesterday!! So happy and the scale is reflective. Today is going to be 100% as well. One day at a time!
    Thanks for all your words of wisdom!

Have a great week everyone!
  • Hi all,

Welcome back Wantanewme! Of course, you can join us again. Sorry to hear that you are having personal stuff, but glad that you are ready to stop the re-gain.

Jig, my family raise beagles for field trials. I have been around them all my life.

Wine4me- great effort!

Kooky- was so relieved to have no snow. It was cold again, but 3 days of sunshine in a row!!! So much better for my spirits.

Luccilove, how was WI? So funny just before coming on, I ordered 10 bottles of Torani at WM, 3.99 each with an extra 10% off with SAVEBIG10 promo code.

So tired today. Great day at school, but Mondays wear me out.
  • Had a great day....WI lost 3.5lbs. So pleased with that.

I love everyone's dogs. So cute.

Got my Torani syrups they had a lot of sugar free stuff. I have never used them before. Can't wait to try new stuff

You go girl wine4me
  • Luccilove, I love the brown sugar and cinnamon and the Belgian sugar cookie for my coffee.
  • I bought those. I don't drink coffee going to use it when bake my packet recipes
  • Dr Oz show today MONDAY is about rebooting your system from sugar addiction. It's a detox from to cut your cravings from the junk food most people's diet.

FOOD is the biggest cause of disease, BUT FOOD (a healthy diet) is also the biggest remedy for our disease! Don't be depressed, have high blood pressure, obese or hungry.
  • Quote: Also, I saw several of you post dog pics. Here is our family beagle, Snoopy! Brought her in to work with me a few weeks ago when the temps were in the single digits. She liked that!
    Cute dog Jig! I love those hounds.

Quote: hi my fabulous october starters!

so happy to see so many of you stuck it out.
    remember me? i'm sorry i went MIA on you. after the holidays i fell off the ip wagon and gained back about 10 pounds. i've had a lot going on in my personal life which has kept me off track.
    so about a month ago i decided to take charge of my fitness again. i hired a personal trainer and work out with her 2 times a week. about 10 days ago i started a new dvd series/eating plan by beachbody called 21 day fix. i was hoping the more balanced approach to eating/exercising would jumpstart my weight loss. the thing that sucks is that i've gained a couple of pounds since then.

so, can i please rejoin this thread and post her with you all?

thanks! looking forward to getting back on track and catching up.
    Welcome back! Let us know how it's going.

Quote: Hello IPers! Just to report I had a 100% day yesterday!! So happy and the scale is reflective. Today is going to be 100% as well. One day at a time!
    Thanks for all your words of wisdom!

Have a great week everyone!
    Congrats! I've been struggling to get back to my 100% self for a while and finally something "clicked" today. Had way more energy than usual and was in a great mood all day. Have been really flexing that determination muscle as Ruth Ann once said. Hope we can both stick to 100% until goal!

Quote: Had a great day....WI lost 3.5lbs. So pleased with that.

Awesome WI Lucci! Looks like the "whoosh" fairy came to visit
  • Conratulations Luccilove! Great WI. All of your packet recipes are working

Steph, glad you had a great day.

Dinner: chicken Dijon with Tarragon, roasted fennel and cucumbers with lemon olive oil and cider vinegar. But I am feeling hungry tonight,

"Today's progress is determined by yesterday's choices."
  • Quote: Had a great day....WI lost 3.5lbs. So pleased with that.

Got my Torani syrups they had a lot of sugar free stuff. I have never used them before. Can't wait to try new stuff

You go girl wine4me
    Congrats on the WI!
  • Jig: good luck at WI this week.

wantanewme: Of course you can join!

Lucci: Nice WI! You are doing great!

Slipfree: Love your quote, it is so true.
  • So I had my first "don't lose to much more weight" story today. I was at work today and someone who I don't see alot saw me, she told me I look great, then asked how much I had lost. I told her it was 50lbs so far. She told me I didn't need to lose much more weight, "You don't want to blow away". LOL. I know I am smaller then I was before but no where near being sickly looking, or about to blow away! Some people make me smile.

If it is importnant to you, you will find a way. If not you will find an excuse.
  • Hi all,

Really tired this week. At least the days are getting longer.

Want2b, great nsv! People are so funny.

Hope you all had a good day.