Oct. Newbies- Feeling Fabulous in February

You're on Page 16 of 24
Go to
  • Hiker88-Great idea. Here is my baby - Lucci (aka LucciLove). Hard to find a good photo for the avatar.

Congrats to all my Canadian friends on the gold medal for hockey. GREAT game!!!!
  • Wahooo to everyone that's been doing great!

Slip, Congrats on the "normal" heart! Soo glad that you're doing well!!! I've missed spending "time" with everyone here, but I'm going to make it a point to make ME time. Even if I'm checking in once at night before bed.

I've been reading, and lurking. I've had quite a few drastic upheavals in my life in the past few weeks, (most of them not the good kind), but I'm finally at a place where I've been able to put the negative to rest and I'm going to focus on all the positive things that I have going on in my life.

I hope that everyone is doing well, I'm here for the long haul.. promise! In other news, I donated another 7.6 this week (HUGE week)..
  • Love the pet photos! You've got some cute pups! I'm trying to nurse my kitty back to health and wish I could work from home for a couple of days to keep an eye on him, but I can't. He seems to be doing ok...just really doped up on pain meds and doesn't like the cone shaped collar.

I'm exhausted and can't wait for the weekend. These short weeks seem to make me more tired than regular ones because my customers/clients get really aggressive to fit five days of work into a four day week.

Kawaii...congrats on the big loss this week! Glad you're experiencing positives and not just difficulties. Good to see you posting again. : )
  • Jig: I hate winter driving, glad you made it home.

Slipfree: So glad your heart is not the problem.

Kawaii: 7.6lbs is a HUGE week, congrats! Keep checking in, we need you just like you need us.

Kooky: The short weeks always seem to be when I am more tired too. But is's Friday!!!!

We are getting more visitors today for 2 nights. I have the food all planned out so I should be good to go. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • LUCCILOVE cute baby!

I'm trying to slow things down a bit... besides fighting these never ending flu symptoms I think its just easier to stay OP when you don't have a million things going on. I was supposed to go to a neighboring city to shop for a dress this weekend but I will have to see what they have here in my home town... I leave in one week for the wedding so hoping for a whoosh!
  • Hi all,

Thank you for your support this week it has felt so long. With all the worry gone, I am feeling exhausted and filled with relief.

Hiker- so sorry to hear that your flu has not gone away. Have you been back to the dr.? Hope that you find a dress that makes you feel gorgeous.

Loving the pictures of your furry family members, lost my Puff, 2 yrs ago and I still miss her every day.

So nice to see Kawaii and Jig back again. I missed both of you

How about some more motivational quotes?
  • I'm a little late with the pic of my dog but there it is. How's this for a motivational quote:

If you eat what you've always eaten, you'll weigh what you've always weighed.

Have to remind myself of this daily when I want to binge on crap food. I can't understand why I want donuts so bad. That's something I never would have chosen prior to IP...
  • Quote: I'm a little late with the pic of my dog but there it is. How's this for a motivational quote:

If you eat what you've always eaten, you'll weigh what you've always weighed.

Have to remind myself of this daily when I want to binge on crap food. I can't understand why I want donuts so bad. That's something I never would have chosen prior to IP...
    Awe... love Dachshunds! Very cute!
  • "The body will achieve what the mind believes."
  • When you feel like quitting, think about why you started. This is a good one for me. When I want to cheat I think about how I felt before I started IP and then ask myself if I want to go back there. Of course the answere is always no! So I know I have made progress.

You can either have excuses or you can have results...but you can't have both.
  • Good Morning,

Weigh In today and I am down 4 pounds! Perseverance and staying off the scale paid off . Heading to the Garden show today and the temp. outside are supposed to be 49 degrees. It is looks like it is going to be a great day.

Enjoy your Sat.
  • Slipfree--Congrats - that is great. I need to stay off the scale as well. I drive myself and hubby crazy with that.

Have fun at the garden show. Suppose to be 50-60 this weekend in DC!!! Going to the travel show - love to travel it is my hobby and then Sunday meet up with a friend who is visiting for brunch!!!

Just got an email that salt and vinegar soy crisp chips are coming soon. Not sure when though.

Have a nice weekend everyone!!!
  • Quote: Good Morning,

Weigh In today and I am down 4 pounds! Perseverance and staying off the scale paid off . Heading to the Garden show today and the temp. outside are supposed to be 49 degrees. It is looks like it is going to be a great day.

Enjoy your Sat.
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

You are strong and patient to have stayed OP when the scale wasn't moving and to go to the doctor to get to the root cause. Hope the scale continues to move for you. I have faith that it will.

Have a wonderful time at the garden show!
  • Good Morning! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far.

Lucci and Slipfree- I'm glad you're getting some warmer weather and a break from the snow. I hope it stays.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do this weekend. My goals are to get out and walk, plan my meals/go grocery shopping, clean, and maybe go visit my friend in Santa Cruz tomorrow. I got acupuncture last night, so I'm feeling more balanced after a stressful week. My cat is feeling better and the vet said his collar could come off, so he's much happier. He seems to be getting back to his normal self.

My motivational quote is:
    "Be happy with what you have while working for what you want" - Helen Keller

I can definitely relate to this after being on IP for four months and being happy and grateful with my results so far, but still working toward my ultimate goal.
  • Slip - what an awesome WI! Love it when you get a whoosh like that. I had that last week but now my body seems to be revolting. Doesn't want to give up any weight despite being 100% OP. Really tempted to go out early AM tomorrow to watch the gold medal hockey game at a pub and have a greasy, carb laden breakfast! The only thing deterring me is the fact the game starts at 5am.

Lucci - my coach emailed me this week saying she was putting a box of Salt and Vinegar Crisps aside for me and when I went to WI yesterday there weren't any left! She gave me two free bags from an open box but I was a bit peeved she didn't have my box for me like she said she would. They are REALLY tastey. She said to stop by Monday and she would have more...

Kooky - sounds like you're in a much better state of mind these days. I am enjoying your positive posts.

Hiker - I love dachshunds too! lol. They can be so bad though! This is an old pic - almost 8 years ago when she was still a puppy. I love this pic because it was taken after I got married and was at about 138 lbs. I'm not far away from that now and am looking forward to getting beyond that point.