Oct. Newbies- Feeling Fabulous in February

You're on Page 15 of 24
Go to
  • Here is a new recipe I think I will try this week. It looks good. Not sure on the serving size.

Ideal Protein Approved Brownies

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/or...06c927cc88.jpg
  • want2bskinnyagain- I'm surprised the family didn't say anything, but I agree with others that they probably didn't know the right thing to say to mention your weight loss.

Slipfree- I'm glad you're BP was good even under the stress of having that test performed. I hope you get quick and healthy results.

Thanks for the advice on the peeler and the congrats! You all have been such a great support for me this whole time. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this website and started interacting with the people on here instead of lurking. There's nothing wrong with lurking, but I've gotten a lot out of chatting with the IP'ers on this site.

My cat is home and the surgery went well. He had to have almost all of his remaining teeth removed except for his fangs. The vet believes this will stop his gum infections and make him feel so much better. The vet also removed a little growth he had under his eye for mostly cosmetic reasons. He has a surgical collar on right now and has to wear it for a week. That's going to be tough for both of us. I'm not going to think about that right now. I'm just glad he's home and the surgery went well.

I'm going to make some roasted chicken breasts with mixed herbs and a green salad.
  • Kooky, glad Suki is doing well Hope his recovery is painless for both of you.
  • Quote: Kooky, glad Suki is doing well Hope his recovery is painless for both of you.
    Thanks! He's hiding under my bed right now. Hopefully he will come out soon so that I can give him his pain meds.
  • Good morning everyone,

School delay here due to icing, means I get to enjoy my coffee at home.

Made it through another day without getting on the scale, and I have to say it is better for my soul. Not seeing the stuck scale everyday, has allowed me to believe that as long as I stay OP, the weight is coming off. The power of positive thinking, I guess. Have also increased my water by another 24 ounces each day. Trying very hard to let go of the things that I have no control over.

Looking forward to this weekend, going to the Hartford Garden Show (I need some spring) and out to a great restaurant. Temperatures will be in the upper 40s.
  • Good Morning!

Still trying to be a good nurse to my cat, but I had to pull him out from under the bed this morning to give him his pain meds. His cone thingy came off in the process, so hopefully I can get that back on him soon. I was able to give him his pain meds, but afterwards he got himself deeper under my bed. I hope he starts feeling better and will come out later.

Slipfree- I'm glad you've been able to stay away from the scale. I agree with you that as long as you stay OP, the weight will come off. I am working on my water intake too. For some reason, I struggle to get the 64 oz in. The garden show sounds like a nice break from the snow.

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • Slipfree: Great job not peeking at the scale, just remember that it will be a surprise for WI day!! Have fun at the garden show, sounds like fun.

Kooky: Hopefully you and your cat can come to terms and he starts to feel better soon.

It feels good to be back and getting closer to my goal again. Only 3.5 weeks until I leave for Hawaii. Getting excited but nervous about the food choices as well. Have a great IP day!!
  • Quote: Kawaii and Jig- Miss you
    I'm back. I went over to my family's beach house in the San Juan Islands for a salmon fishing trip with my dad and grandpa. Grandpa ended up getting the flu and couldn't make it so it was just my parents and myself. Was supposed to be gone just fri-mon for the 4 day weekend but tons of snowfall on the mountain pass between there and home prevented me from getting home. Waited an extra two days to see if it would clear up, it didn't. Ended up having to make a major detour. 4.5 hr drive turned into about 8.5 hrs. Stopped in Portland though to see my brother and sister in law, which was nice. Ended up running out of IP food while I was over there though. It's amazing how quickly lbs pack back on when you come off the diet, even for a day or two. Back to the grind!
  • JIG-YA!! Welcome back. That sounded like a fun vacation minus the detours. At least you got to hang out with your family - that is nice.
  • Hi everyone, great news the tests came back with a "perfect" heart. So relieved! Still have the kankles, but I am just overjoyed right now.
  • Slipfree--- congrats. U must be relieved about ur tests. U can take a big sigh.

Kooky--glad to hear ur cat is doing good. Today is national love your pet day
  • Quote:
    Kooky--glad to hear ur cat is doing good. Today is national love your pet day
    In that case I changed my avatar to show my baby! Hope your all having a great OP day!
  • Good to hear your ticker is a-ok Slip.

Very proud to be a Canadian today after all the Olympic medal action. Wearing my official team Canada hoodie today. <3
  • Quote: Good to hear your ticker is a-ok Slip.

Very proud to be a Canadian today after all the Olympic medal action. Wearing my official team Canada hoodie today. <3
    Wow, quite a game!
  • It was an amazing game! Congrats my Canadian friends