Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - February 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 8 of 26
Go to
  • It's about -35 here so I don't have any sympathy for you Alaskan

Just a quick pop in - Got back from our little vacation late last night. Very pleased to announce that I'm down another pant size. Really didn't think I was until I slid on a pair of 26's at the mall and realized how much better they fit than the baggy 28's I'd been wearing. Spent way too much on clothes I won't be able to wear very long, but I do enjoy looking good!

No work out today (I swam every day I was in the city in addition to my walking)

Calories will be about 1300 total
    Steelhead trout with dill mustard
    brussel sprouts
    lamb roast
    asparagus
    kale
    dark chocolate.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Hi all, just wanted to check in
    Today was my usual off-plan day, weigh in this morning 156.6 down from yesterday but up 2.2 from last week's weigh in, this week will be better.

Went for a nice snowshoe today, half with the little dog, it was hard but wonderful.

I'll check in tomorrow, hope everyone's having a great weekend.

best to all
  • A ton of snow and no snow equipment! I wish I had skis.

Today's food will be 1082 cals
    Breakfast:
    Egg sandwich with
    English muffin
    Feta
    Cabbage
    Coffee with milk
    Cod liver oil

Lunch:
    Finished off my sauteéd cabbage
    Blob of cottage cheese
    1/2 can of tuna

Dinner:
    Lasagna with meat, spinach and all the usual stuff. I'm going to have to be careful here. I decided too late to make a spaghetti squash version for myself and now we are kinda snowed in and it's not worth a trip to the store for squash.
  • Hi Everyone!

Another late night. We just got home from a BBQ get together. I tried to eat in moderation while still being sociable. It's really worrisome since I normally eat my food without salt or seasonings that contain salt.

It's late, so I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Total Approx 1620 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
    spritz oil in pan
    egg 70 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 calories
    Vegetable of choice
    1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
    Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
    1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
    juice 75 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
    Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
    3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
    Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
    Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (850 Calories)
    BBQ chicken breast qtr. 300 calories
    large serving green beans 100 calories
    medium serving cabbage 50 calories
    small spoon baked mac-n-cheese 100 calories
    1 round slice candied sweet potato 75 calories
    1 small spoon banana pudding, 1 small spoon chocolate pudding, 1 small spoon bread pudding 225 calories

Exercise:
    Cardio section from TJ Punch Kick and Jam (30 minutes)
    TF Fire 30
    Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch for Beginners (standing)
  • Hi guys,
    I clocked in at about 1450 calories and 75 carbs. I meant to eat less but I kept getting hungry this evening. So after dinner, I also ate 2 chocolate candies and a cookie. Damn my relentless sweet tooth! Besides that, today I had tuna, crackers, salad, scrambled eggs and toast.

I skipped class today and slept til 10 am. On the plus side, studied calculus for several hours. Down side, I've still got loads of other homework to do this weekend, and other stuff to do. Weekends are not even easy at all!
  • by the time I got home from work at 6:30 p.m. I was at 880 calories and 78 carbs...I was STARVING and we were having pizza and I ate more than I intended to....which always happens on Friday nights...I should really just make Friday night my "cheat time" or whatever because i'm normally pretty good the rest of the weekend....but by Friday night i'm exhausted and done for the week and just want to eat and relax lol....

freezing my tail off but we have a nice fire tonight....hoping to warm up
  • This is what I had today. Didn't get to eat until after work.

Lunch:
    -2 hard boiled eggs
    -green beans

Dinner:
    -leftover stir fry with pork, cabbage, and mushrooms (no rice)
    -grapes
    -Coconut flavored Cascade Ice (no sugar)

I've really been on a grape kick lately. They've always been one of my favorite fruits, but I also have mandarin oranges, papaya, and pears in the fridge right now and at every meal I seem to want grapes! Only one serving left in the bag though so I guess I'll have to move on to something else
  • kelijpa, I just found the best canned oysters. I normally don't eat many because of the calories (Chicken of the Sea are 240 a can) but these are slightly lower (in the 160-195 calories per can range depending on the type) and are delicious. WOw.

http://ekoneoyster.com/products/smoked-oysters/
  • Ian they look awesome! I'll have to give them a try!

Good morning all,

Today was the opposite of yesterday, up from yesterday but down from last week, so happy with that after Chinese, must have drank or drunk enough water...up 0.7 to 157.3

B- oatmeal, unsweet van almond milk, poached egg
    L-?
    D-?
    S- DH is making custard, maybe that will be one of my meals...
    E- plan to snowshoe once it gets up above 10!

Best to all
  • Ian The Habanero Oysters would be great
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

I can't believe I was able to sleep in! I didn't get up until 9! I must have been exhausted!

I am up a little on the scale. I actually expected more since I had to eat different from my normal meals. I am actually shocked that I am down .4 from the last couple of days, especially since I had to eat different those days. I think my weight fluctuations are mostly impacted by the angioedema.

Last night I added on: Legs up the wall yoga pose while listening to mountain streams CD for 10 minutes

I read a study on cortisol a while back. They tested the participants cortisol levels while listening to various types of music/sounds. Their cortisol levels were most improved from listening to "babbling brooks". I bought a CD that has this and have been listening to it when I get a chance. I noticed the other night how relaxed I felt after doing the legs up the wall pose in one of my yoga routines. I got to thinking that the legs up the wall pose with the cd might be a good combo. I will work that into my routine on the nights I am too tired to do anything else. Hmm, I wonder if that's why I slept so long last night. I will need to try that again soon.

Calories for yesterday: 1620 Calories +
    Weigh In: 163 (TTOM)
    Up: .4

I need to go into work to do some end of the month work. I need to finish it by today.

Have a great day!
  • Diana The days of me getting my legs higher than my head are long gone even with a wall.
  • Quote: Diana The days of me getting my legs higher than my head are long gone even with a wall.
    Ha Ha So maybe I wasn't getting actually getting so relaxed that I was becoming sleepy but more like I was passing out.
  • Wahey, I am down 1.2lbs today to 176.2lbs. I am BACK!

Calories today will be about 1600.

Fat Calories Protein Carbs
    Breakfast
    oats 3 150 4 27
    Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
    dried apricot 0 16 0 4
    honey 0 21 0 6
    Coffee 3 25 0 1
    Ekone lemon pepper oysters 6 165 17 12
    Another coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
    quails eggs 3 42 4 0
    Dryheated Smelt 3 105 19 0
    Bar Harbor Smoked Wild Kippers 28 350 39 0
    East Point shrimp 2 100 22 0
    anchovies 2 65 10 0
    Honey 0 64 0 17
    Tomato 0 11 1 2
    Mushroom 0 2 0 0
    Red onion 0 8 0 2
    Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
    Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
    Total 54 1555 124 110
    Weight 176.2
    Protein/weight ratio 0.70
    Targets based on weight Low High
    Calories 2467 2819
    Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 35 52
    20% less calories to cut 1973

Exercise: Did 50 minutes weight training followed by a 3.5 mile run. Then did a beer run. A six pack sure lasts me a lot longer than it used to!
  • Breakfast - a ton of Cheerios, milk and fruit 400 calories
    Dinner - a mound of broccoli and beef stroganoff - 800 calories
    Exercise - 1 hour tromping through the snow ~ 300 calories

It's so hard to get out and exercise in the winter! Everything is slipping and sliding around, and frozen fingers, and it's really not as enjoyable as it is in the late spring!