Old and busted: the 190s. New hotness: Getting out of the 190s.

You're on Page 10 of 34
Go to
  • Oh ladies! So proud of all of you! Monday is my weigh in day and I was 193.6! I started a new job. I am really tired! Keep up the great work and I will check in soon!
  • whoo hoooo!! saw 187.8 on the scale today!! It probably won't stick but it was there. twice. If I'm below 190 tomorrow I might just head over to the 180's thread.
  • Hey guys I haven't checked in, in several days, which felt like a month in 3FC time, lol, and I'm loving the updates! Congrats to all the ladies who made leaps in the 180s!! Hope to join you in the next thread soon Also gratz to Scarletmeshell on your new pants/job/greatweighin And new jeans shout-out to Llilith as well!

My official weigh-in this past Monday was 189.0, which was up from the lowest weight of the week, but it was tied for my lowest official weigh-in. My last handful of weigh-ins look like this:

02/03/14 -- 190
    02/10/14 -- 189.2
    02/17/14 -- 190.4
    02/24/14 -- 189.0
    03/03/14 -- 189.0

5 weeks, one pound, lol, lawd. Let's not sugarcoat this - I have moved into maintenance calories. Upside: maintenance calories, at least at this weight, is a decent amount of food, especially considering I am not exercising at all. I don't exactly know what I am doing here. I've been doing some navel gazing, and it's true, I'm not unhappy at this weight. 190 was my soft goal as far as target weight; my will power apparently took it as a hard goal! For practical purposes, I'd like to be more securely in the Misses Dept sizes (currently I'm in 14/16 pants and XL shirts, so basically on the very max size of Misses.) For aesthetic purposes, I would like to lose about 14 more pounds and really get to my goal weight of 175. So I am going to keep trying : wish me luck
  • lotsakids - I love the list! So much awesome there!

scarletmeshell - Congrats on starting the new job and on your 193.6!!

TooWicky - I've been having the same issue with only losing a few pounds in several weeks lately - but I'm not near maintenance LOL. It just slows down as you get closer, I think. The point is I'm still tracking everything I eat and I'm still working my butt off with exercise, so it's all good! I know you can get to your goal of 175! You got this.

Today I'm 186.4 - that's a new low for me, I'm really excited. Now, I have to not let this derail me like it sometimes does. For some reason when I see a new low number I somehow go into eating machine mode. I have no idea why but being conscious of it should help avoid that.
  • Here is my list, lotsakids.

I've lost 15 kilos
    I can walk over 10km, run over 3km and cycle over 15km.
    I don't need to let food control my life
    I feel lighter
    My kids are interested in training with me and in entering race events with me ( 2 did 2km kids event last month while I did 5km)
    I am less stressed.
    I fit 'normal size' clothing.
  • Wow noshoes! I love your list! I am thinking of doing a 5K this year too.

llilith - I know what you mean, about turning into an eating machine. Our bodies are strange, I almost always have a bounce up after a drop and I think my body thinks its hungrier.

Well I saw 189.0 this morning, up from yesterday but a lot more believable than yesterday's strangeness. I may have to go check in on the 180's board today!! Either that or get a new scale, which is scary LOL.
  • Ladies you are doing so well! Thank you for still checking in on this thread. If you didn't I would be here by myself!
    I had the most horrible time last thurs! I had a dentist apt. to get a wisdom tooth removed. It was my day off. The dentist couldn't get the tooth all the way out and cracked my jaw and sent me all the way across town bleeding to an oral surgeon. The dental tech there saw me and teared up. The surgeon told me he has never seen someone so mutilated. He had to give me 10 stitches. It was terrible! I was very sick friday. We had a bday party yesterday for my son that died but it was really nice. I haven't been eating on plan, just eating what I can!
  • scarletmeshell, goodness, how are you feeling?? Better I hope! How is your swelling? What a story I have to have a wisdom tooth out >< and I have been avoiding it. I have never had a cavity, dental work, nor tooth pulled in my life. One of my wisdom teeth grew in at a slight angle and sort of slo-mo crashed into the molar in front of it, the crash part happening under the gum line where I couldn't see it. They have to come out! I do not want to have this done, but it will have to be eventually dealt with. It's not usual or ideal for a person my age to have wisdom teeth pulled (they have to come out in pairs, so if you have to have the lower one pulled, the corresponding upper one needs to come out, too.) I have major anxiety even thinking about it. I already had a consult last year with an oral surgeon, so all I have to do is schedule the surgery. *hugs* regarding the birthday party for your son who has passed on!

I have neither good news or bad news about my current weight; it has remained right at about 189-190, which is expected since I am not adhering to daily calorie limits. However, I do have a few of NSVs:

-I went down another brassiere band size! So happee
    -I went snow tubing all day yesterday!!! I have such a different life now that I am not morbidly obese. I would never have even attempted a snowtubing day before, but the new me did and succeeded! I walked all around dragging a tube behind me, got in and out of the tube no problem, and just screamed with abandon down every hill. It was a wonderful family day. I was so ecstatic to be doing an activity right alongside my husband and children rather than be a spectator of my own life. It wasn't the most vigorous activity, but I certainly wasn't in any way tired out. My "new" life is so much more than a change in appearance I can't even explain!!
    -I have spent 5 weeks at pretty much the same weight (within a pound or so.) My previous rate of weight loss was about 2 lbs per week, so this "stall" is a marked change. Anyway, just wanted to mention the NSV that the skin on my neck is tightening up a wee bit. Seems like my skin is catching up a little while I'm taking a diet breather if you will.

Hope everyone is doing well with their goals
  • back here today! 191.4 this morning. I so so tired today too. Must beat daylight savings time, and do my exercise. On a happy note, my toilet hasn't frozen in 4 days which is a record for this winter

TooWicky - love your NSV's!! I've been more present in my life too and I love it!
  • and up again. 194.6 - thinking too much sodium yesterday (I made chinese food- no rice, but there was soy sauce) I think I may have had a reaction to the soy sauce too, horrible pain in my stomach last night. I've been gluten free for 6 months and discovered that most soy sauce has gluten in it. Lots of water today.
  • Well, with a weight of 195, it looks like I'm going to have to get comfy here for the long haul. I did measure my waist though and in the past month I've lost 2 inches and each of my thighs and calves have lost an inch. And I am down an inch in my ahem... chest.

Not sure what is going on weight wise but I can see the changes so I guess I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing and hope my scale catches up with me.

unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to be alone here for awhile
  • Scarletmeshell - oh wow, I'm so sorry for your dental troubles. Dental pain is the WORST. It sounds like you need to file a complaint with whoever governs dentists in your area. What a jerk. Seriously, I wouldn't let it go. How can he treat people like that and sleep at night?

The birthday party sounds like a nice way to honor your son. You are a good mama. :-)

I hope your jaw feels better soon - boy what a weight loss plan huh?

TooWicky - I'm so happy for you about your NSV of being part of the action and not on the sidelines. Good for you! This is the stuff that makes it all worth it, isn't it? Yay for tightening neck skin too!

lotsakids - Inches gone!! woohoo. When I started exercising I gained a bit and even stopped losing for awhile. I think it's water. Keep on keeping on! I hope your tummy feels better. I've been getting punished a bit myself when I eat something that is too rich - a few days of sore tummy when I overdo it - I guess it's a good way to stay on track.

I'm 187.6 today, a bounce up from my low of 185.6. Not sure why because I have stayed on plan this week and have been doing my exercise. I don't have my period anymore since I had an endometrial ablation - but I still have a cycle and get puffy and *****y. I think I'm puffy and *****y right now. So, hopefully I'll see a woosh in a few days. :-)

NSV - my old navy jeans are too big. I wore them once and they stretched out like crazy. So I returned them for a SIZE14 yayayayay.
  • Whoo hoo Llilith!!! Size 14 jeans from Old Navy!!!! I have 2 size 14's that I wear and I feel downright skinny in them. I unfortunately have a pair of 16s that I bought at the thrift store that barely button up, I try them on every couple of days to see if I've won yet!
  • lotsakids, Chinese food is so awesome, in fact, I'm going to have some for dinner tonight, but man oh man, what a price to pay afterward water retention wise! I'm sure that's what happened. Did you up your water intake to flush it out? I'm legit going to have water bottles on stand by tonight and tomorrow.

Llilith, so good to hear from you! How is life in the 180s thread? How AWFUL that your jeans were too big Also, I enjoyed playing Wheel Of Fortune with your asterisked-out words... I have decided you were puffy and FLUFFy.

noshoes, I hadn't responded to your earlier post, but well done on your fitness capabilities. I know I sound like a broken record, but I really need to get motivated and start working out. It seems like all of my threadmates here are doing regular exercise except for me!

I did not want to get on the scale at all this morning because I haven't been tallying calories and have been eating horribly (well, eating with a modicum of restraint is probably more accurate, but still pretty bad.) I have not been weighing daily, but today I weighed in at 189.6 lbs!! I'll take it. Miracle that I am still apparently eating at maintenance. So I am still trying to get back into diet mode. I feel great, but I would like to make some effort to get to my target weight.

Springtime seems to bring out a lot of seasonal dieters, because it seems suddenly a lot of my slightly overweight friends are trying to shed 10-20 lbs for bathing suit season and summer in general. I'm being dragged into weight loss conversations where I have the unenviable task of telling them that the way to lose weight is to eat at a calorie deficit - very unexciting stuff.
  • 193.2 today, better. I am upping my water TooWicky so much I feel like I'm going to float away

bumping up my exercise and shortening my eating window (nothing after dinner) will hopefully get me back on track.