Tall Twins to One-derland!

You're on Page 9 of 14
Go to
  • Not weighing in for the rest of the week. Will check back in on Tuesday

whollyhick - I've fallen off the wagon and had to really push myself to get back on, especially over the holidays. Keep checking in here, prepare your meals in advance and before too long, it will be a habit again. You can do it! You've already lost 10lbs, you can do it again You're doing this for YOU. We're very close in weight and height. I can tell you that I hated being 28lbs heavier than I am now. I can feel the difference even if it isn't so visibly apparent. I'm almost out of the obese category now, it killed me to see that ticker enter that zone when I weighed in. It was then that I realized what I've been doing to my body and it wasn't ok.
    Teacher2B Walking is a great start! I never go to the gym but I do DVDs, move around as much as possible and have a bike. I will go later to tone once I'm closer to my goal weight.
    thewalrus0 I hope you feel better soon and the stressful times pass
    paigeinabook The first few days of any change for me are the hardest. I hope the adjustment doesn't last too long and you get some rest
  • paileymama thanks for the encouragement!!

So far I'm in the second day and yesterday I had a headache that stayed with me the whole day but I finally took some medicine for it around 8 pm so when I went to work later on I felt I much better. Today is much easier than yesterday so far but I also slept a lot more
  • Hello lovelies!! Sorry I'm been so scarce lately... I'd like to say I have a good excuse, but "lazy" sums it up pretty good... Oy. Been sitting at 230 for a week now, I'm thinking because I haven't really been exercising regularly. I plan on doing a nice workout tonight though, and continuing on from there. Still eating fairly healthy and drinking plenty of water though, so that's good!

I plan on hitting my goal of being under 200 by August 7th (my birthday) and I feel that I still have time to hit it if I get my butt in gear!

What exercises do you ladies recommend for burning fat? any personal favorites??
  • Hello Twinsies!!

I have been bad bad for the last two days. I did not work out either days, and actually was over my cals--don't ask. I did fix that today, managed to stay under cals, but did not do a full hour workout. But that is ok, because I almost did neither. Lesson to self though, once you stop the momentum, it is hard to get it started again, especially when you are a known uber procrastinator or as I like to put it, moonlight as a slacker .
    So yeah, I am going to leave it here, because I am quite disappointed with moi....

SamanthaAngela I don't know if these do any fat burning but they kill me: burpees, squats, star jumps, plank jacks, rotating knee planks suck too, **** all plank exercises do, I am not so much a master at holding up my body weight for very long, so doing stuff while holding your body weight up sucks. If you can't straight arm the plank, elbow planks are fine for now.

paigeinabook Glad I am beyond having a schedule like that now. Good luck --Hey but make sure you work out the sleep thing, because I remember going days skimping on sleep, and it catches up with you real soon, even though you feel like are invincible now.

Paisleymama Yup, Marliqq. Same.
  • Quote: Hello Twinsies!!

I have been bad bad for the last two days. I did not work out either days, and actually was over my cals--don't ask. I did fix that today, managed to stay under cals, but did not do a full hour workout. But that is ok, because I almost did neither.
    I've had a bad few days too - WAY WAY over my cals and put on a ton of (hopefully) water weight. Let's get back on track together!
  • Hello Twins.

I weighed in at...223.3? I think, don't feel like looking. I was over my cals today. I know I said I was gonna try to do better, but . I did a full workout today though and feel like I am getting back into the swing of things. My weight has been the same, give or take a few pounds, for almost a full month . Instead of doing what I usually do when I plateau, try and change stuff, I am going to keep doing what I always have been doing. I feel like I am still in the testing phase of my journey, so I am trying to test the limits of my caloric intake and workout amounts, because really I am always looking to the future. I don't want to make any changes that I am not prepared to do in maintenance.
    Anyways, I saw my dad the other day, and he says he wants us to take a family picture this summer . This is like the second or third time he has brought this up, so yeah, he is serious. He even has an idea of what he wants his girl's to wear, so yeah, if you knew my dad, you would know he was real serious. So I have an even bigger reason that I need to lose the bulk of this weight by summer. They will not be distributing a fat pic of me throughout the family, only to have that same pic haunt me later .

merilung Yeah, I need that kind of rah rah . And yes it is water weight, unless everyday the "cals over" was equivalent to a box of pizza .
  • MarliQQ I think it is really important that you feel like that as far as maintenance goes. Once you hit your goal weight and your routine changes from weight loss to maintenance, the hardest thing is to maintain. I think it is good you are thinking about that for right now. I would maybe change up your workouts if you've found yourself in a plateau? I have a lot of friends who are encouraging me to take up Zumba, which would definitely be a change up from my workouts now.

After 4 days on my medifast diet, I'm finally starting to not feel hungry - after today. Today (day 4) I was so hungry most of the day and I couldn't stand it. But I know that soon I will be out of the worst of the diet and it will just be autopilot from then on. I tried having my lean and green meal yesterday in the afternoon instead of at night and I think that really curbed my hunger for most of the day. I thought that having the lean and green at night would be better but I may be wrong.... Still working all the kinks out. I feel really good about this diet! My support coach is so wonderful and helpful and encouraging that it makes me look forward to having her on my side.
  • Hello Twins.

I managed to stay under cals, yeah...almost didn't happen, but I pulled it off. What has been motivation is my recent weight loss stall. I am trying to be super good so I can see what the heck is going on, because recently, my weight has been "decimal creeping" downwards, and I've never seen that before. So this is curiosity--and yeah I know curiosity killed the cat, and that I might be the cat. So hold the condolences for when that scale bounces back up like a full pound...................

On the plus side, this is a small NSV, but nevertheless it is one--warning this is kinda tmi, but on a forum where we regularly announce the presence of our TOM....well, I feel comfortable--maybe too comfortable . Anyways after my shower today I grabbed one of my towels, wrapped it around me, and proceeded to my room. Walked by my mirror and it occurred to me that the towel I had on was actually covering stuff, . I mean, this is not usually a towel I grab because I know that it hasn't in the past. So now that it covers stuff, yeah...good moment.

paigeinabook I have been mulling over making changes--but not necessarily to my workout plan, because that doesn't stay the same for very long anyways. The only thing that I would say that is a mainstay in my routine is the treadmill, I do 40min 6 days a week and 1hr for the remaining day. But the treading 6 days a week is always in addition to whatever program I am on--which changes or varies in intensity like every 2 weeks. So I don't think the workout becoming stagnant is the problem. I think my body is just freaked by my cal changes. That is why I am not touching anything. I am just at a point where I want to wait and see, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna complain along the way .
    Anywho, what does a medifast meal usually consist of, just out of curiousity??
  • Medifast meals are portioned in such a way that if you are on the 5 & 1 plan, you eat 5 medifast meals a day and your sixth meal is what is called a 'lean and green' meal. The 5 medifast meals are small and usually eaten about every 2 and a half to 3 hours a day - they are meal replacements such as shakes, bars, soups, soft bake cookies, Mac n cheese, soy crisps, cereal, oatmeal and more. The lean and green meal is your 'I get to eat real food meal.' I like to have chicken salads for right now, and fish. But I'm sure I'll be changing it up as I'm gonna be on this program for 3 - 4 months. (Medifast recommends 12 weeks at least). I have a medifast coach who lives in Oregon and is super awesome to talk to. She holds me accountable for my weight loss and in the first 4 days, we talked every single day - sometimes for half an hour! (But I'm just a talkative person). We talked on the phone before we started, twice. To talk about my goals and where I wanted to be at the end of my weight loss. Its been a very tough path the last week to get started on this - hunger is a real, physiological burden as well as quiiiite an emotional one. But I knew what I was getting into with this. My parents did it while I was in high school and running track and they collectively lost over 50 lbs their first month doing it. My dad lost 32 lbs while my mom almost lost twenty. My mom is doing this with me again, after having gained all the weight she lost on it back and then some, but the program is much different now, 5 or 6 years later. There is much more accountability and it is pretty awesome. It's different than Jenny Craig, nutrisystem, herbalife, those programs because the nutritional value is set that I get 100% of my DV nutrition in as long as I have the 5 medifast meals. It can be tricky getting all five in a day though so you have to work at it.
    Thanks for the question, MarliQQ!!
  • Hello Twinnies!

So I did good day despite my headache. I almost didn't workout because the headache was just plain bothersome , but I made myself workout anyway, resolving to stop if it only got worse. So I almost gave up like 5 min into the first part of my routine, but I pushed on--and guess what?--no headache by the end of the workout. Yay Me! Who says I don't have determination?? .........Actually I did......but that was before today .
    I also managed to stay under my cals, and saw some movement on the scale, but I am reserving judgement on that until tomorrow .

paigeinabook Those are some great losses your parents experienced in a month! Why did your mom stop the program? If it's personal, no worries, I am just always so curious as to why people regain. Trying to avoid the pitfalls and all .
  • Hello Twins.

So despite my...not so happy mood, for lack of a better word, hate to use the d word. I pulled off a great workout and stayed under my cals, even though I felt like I pigged . That is great when that happens.I saw my weight move a little today as well, so I am sitting at 221.5, which is like a pound off from my goal for the 26th, not sure if I am gonna make it. I would be highly surprised if I do.
    On another note, I have found that my weight loss journey is inspiring others . I mean, you want people to start to think about their health and fitness, but it feels good to be the that lit the fire . I know it sounds like I'm full of myself, but in my journey, outside of 3FC and MFP, I have like no support. So even though I have felt alone in this, the fact that people are taking notice of me and my changes really is a testament to the idea that our mindset does not always translate to our surroundings .
    So all that to say, keep being the best you , you never know who's watching.
  • Hello Twintys!

So today is official weigh-in day, and still a pound off from my goal . So I guess I shouldn't be too sad, I mean a pound is not much to wait for--I just would have liked to make my deadline, and I don't think I will. Tomorrow will be that deadline, and apparently I don't care as much as I would like to think, because I had McDonald's today, and you know that sodium is gonna . I remained under my cals, but still.......
    I did workout today, despite the fact that I was dragging mentally, so that is a good thing as always.
    Now here is my sorta tmi session, I was staring in the mirror today and I realized that I may be losing weight, but I definitely don't agree with how it is coming off. I carry most of my weight around my middle, so you can imagine my stomach and I don't have the best relationship. But it is like she is refusing to go, like she is demanding that everyone but her goes. I so resent her . And on top of that I am worried about how much excess skin is going to be left over . I''m not trying to have that, so strength training is going to have to be super bumped up, because .
  • I'll jump in here and join ya, MarliQQ! Oh and to answer your question, I honestly don't know why they stopped.... I was a junior in high school at the time and so far removed from what was going on with them personally (our relationships were way more parental and not as open as they are now). I think that once one of them fell off the medifast wagon, the other followed suit quickly and because they missed food so much, they went crazy with cravings and unfortunately gained more than they lost back. But I'm speculating on that here... I know my mom is in a place now where she is ready to really get healthy and I want to help motivate her as much as I can since I'm still living here for my last year of school.

Sooo tomorrow is my official weigh in day after the first week of medifast, I'm so excited! I've stuck to the plan 100% and I'm confident I will see results. Also, the pants I just bought that fit so snugly on me when I bought them are super loose. I kept having to pull them up at school today. They are mostly getting baggy in the thigh area although I don't have to unbutton them to pull them off soooo definitely progress here.

Medifast so far has been a weird process for me. The first day I was basically cold turkeying off caffeine which was awful and then from days 2-4 I was trying to figure out the best routine for my meals. I'm so dedicated to this diet. Even when all my coworkers and friends at school stop to have fast food or have junk food. I'm noticing that I'm actually not that hungry. I eat so often that it's hard for me to actually feel deprived of food. That's not to say that I had a hard time with cravings and irritability at the beginning of the week. But definitely by the 6th day, it's tapered down. I truly feel like the worst is behind me. I'm just excited to get some workouts in again!!
    (Tmi-time: the worst part about this diet is my awfulllll breath. I hate it. Does it go away? I don't like this part at all).

Anyways ladies -- I hope you all are having a great week! I'm off to bed as I have work at 6 am (even though I just got off an hour ago, at midnight.... )
  • LADIES! I'm so excited that I wanna shout from the rooftops but no one really cares soooo I will shout it here:

I LOST FIVE POUNDS THIS WEEK!!

I wasn't sure that I would have that much of a loss on MF the first week but I did!! I'm so happy today. I feel so validated in how hard this past week was for me.
  • Hi everyone!

Times are still stressful and last week I got almost NO sleep. Lol, well that's an exaggeration but I got much less sleep than I'm used to.

I was eating like crap and got up to 237 but now I'm back at 235. I'm okay with that but now I've got my sights set on the 220's.

I'm gonna crush the 220's.