IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/25 - Sun 1/26/2014

You're on Page 3 of 8
Go to
  • Ok I'm sorry but I need to vent somewhere and you guys are always really good about just reading and helping when you can. My husbands family was doing a dinner for a member of the family and they all wanted to go Thursday night and my husband and I had plans....I went to spanked and he watched my friends kids....While today his brother called due to the two of them going to a movie today or tonight and his brother says his brother is in town due to plans cancelled so they were wondering if we could all go to dinner tonight. That sounds great, so he was checking with his mother....Then he says that everyone went out on Thursday but us anyway....This triggers something in me and it just makes me mad and hurt. This is something my family is good for and I hate being left out....It's my hang up and no one else's///I am trying so hard to become a healthier less agitated person....I don't know how to get over the feeling of hurt and being left out. My husband never gets irritated or hurt by anything and I wish I was more like him. I said what is the point of going to dinner tonight when they already went.....I think its stupid....My poor poor husband can't understand why I am so hurt and this is my issue no one else's.....I am trying so hard to change this part of myself but I am still stuck and need help.
    I am someone that is use to my family doing this to me, and it really hit a spot with me and I dont know how to not react this way.....Help if you can.....
  • Quote: Ok I'm sorry but I need to vent somewhere and you guys are always really good about just reading and helping when you can. My husbands family was doing a dinner for a member of the family and they all wanted to go Thursday night and my husband and I had plans....I went to spanked and he watched my friends kids....While today his brother called due to the two of them going to a movie today or tonight and his brother says his brother is in town due to plans cancelled so they were wondering if we could all go to dinner tonight. That sounds great, so he was checking with his mother....Then he says that everyone went out on Thursday but us anyway....This triggers something in me and it just makes me mad and hurt. This is something my family is good for and I hate being left out....It's my hang up and no one else's///I am trying so hard to become a healthier less agitated person....I don't know how to get over the feeling of hurt and being left out. My husband never gets irritated or hurt by anything and I wish I was more like him. I said what is the point of going to dinner tonight when they already went.....I think its stupid....My poor poor husband can't understand why I am so hurt and this is my issue no one else's.....I am trying so hard to change this part of myself but I am still stuck and need help.
    I am someone that is use to my family doing this to me, and it really hit a spot with me and I dont know how to not react this way.....Help if you can.....
    Actually it sounds as though they WANT to see you...!! And the problem was you already had plans?? If I am understanding... There was no reason for all the rest of them NOT to get together ...Just because you were unable to go does not mean they should have done nothing that night. Look at it this way...that brother is willing to give 2 nights to try to see the whole family on this trip. If there was no chance you would have gotten to have a second chance at a get together...would you have been OK with that??? I come from a huge family...and trying to get 1 night that works for everyone is RARELY possible. I'm not sure we could find a second night that works any better than another in our family....and some times we have to do smaller groups to see everyone.Take what you can get...life is too short!!!
  • 65x65, thanks so much you are so very very right,....It is great that they want to do whatever they can to get the family together......Im so glad that you are here when I need to vent and get me back on track and keep me op and find a new way to look at things....AMEN for this site
  • Quote: Good Morning everyone. So yesterday I had a cheat day. I had pizza for lunch, and a cheeseburger for dinner, and cheese for a snack. Don't really feel bad about it…i.e. - not beating myself up over it.

But more notably, all those carbs gave me crazy bad indigestion. Back on IP today. Easy to do when all those carbs give you indigestion like that!
    I am not sure how to respond but because I have been through falling off IP, I am going to respond and hope that you do not take it wrong.

I had a period in abut the third month when I fell off and it took me a long while to get back on. There was not a day that went by that I was not bothered by filling on up carbs, but I could not find the mental metal to rein it in. I was very disappointed in myself.

We are all different, but there is some concern for me in seeing you go off so radically so soon into the program and seeming not so concerned. To me, and I repeat only to me, the fact that you are going back on IP only because the carbs gave you indigestion. Maybe you are writing tongue in cheek and being funny/sarcastic and I missed that.

This program is very challenging to follow religiously, but when it is done that way, the results are fantastic. My experience shows that a near total dedication to the program is what it takes to succeed over the long term. There are NO 'cheat days' in Phase 1. The ability to get into ketosis requires adherence to a strict program.

If one's mind is not ready, really ready, this program can be almost impossible to make work.

I am guessing that this reply may make you upset with me. My intent is to help as many have helped me in the past. If I offend you, I will offer my apologies in advance but hope that maybe you can see that there is some basis to try to get this information to you from experience.
  • Quote: 65x65, thanks so much you are so very very right,....It is great that they want to do whatever they can to get the family together......Im so glad that you are here when I need to vent and get me back on track and keep me op and find a new way to look at things....AMEN for this site
    Diets make us crabby!

We lost a BIL 2 yrs ago.....life is short. Enjoy the good stuff..!
  • Hope everyone's weekend is going well so far.

Went to Toronto this morning to pick up my sister and stopped at the low carb grocer! It was a little overwhelming in there but I got WF ketchup, Alfredo sauce and chocolate peanut butter and some protein pancake mix that fits within protocol for an alternative packet! Can't wait for breakfast tomorrow!

The roads were terrible and what would normally be a 45 minute drive home took over three hours. So many cars in the ditch, accidents, jack-knifed transport trucks... Really wish people would just slow down when the roads aren't good. I was sure glad when I finally pulled in to my driveway! What a stressful three hours!!

Tomorrow's agenda is grocery shopping... My veggie drawer in the fridge hasn't been this empty since pre-IP! I'm literally down to a head of lettuce and nothing more. So up early and off I'll go.
  • Quote: I am not sure how to respond but because I have been through falling off IP, I am going to respond and hope that you do not take it wrong.

I had a period in abut the third month when I fell off and it took me a long while to get back on. There was not a day that went by that I was not bothered by filling on up carbs, but I could not find the mental metal to rein it in. I was very disappointed in myself.

We are all different, but there is some concern for me in seeing you go off so radically so soon into the program and seeming not so concerned. To me, and I repeat only to me, the fact that you are going back on IP only because the carbs gave you indigestion. Maybe you are writing tongue in cheek and being funny/sarcastic and I missed that.

This program is very challenging to follow religiously, but when it is done that way, the results are fantastic. My experience shows that a near total dedication to the program is what it takes to succeed over the long term. There are NO 'cheat days' in Phase 1. The ability to get into ketosis requires adherence to a strict program.

If one's mind is not ready, really ready, this program can be almost impossible to make work.

I am guessing that this reply may make you upset with me. My intent is to help as many have helped me in the past. If I offend you, I will offer my apologies in advance but hope that maybe you can see that there is some basis to try to get this information to you from experience.
    No offense taken at all Schenectady. Thank you for caring enough to post.
  • Have a great holiday in Mexico Jo

We were supposed to head out to meet friends for dinner but roads were too bad out their way. DH and I took the kids to Mc D's - where they get ten fries and apple slices with their meal and we throw the rest out. Having struggled with obesity my whole life I'm try my best try my bet to create a different experience for my kids. We had tea and then we went bowling. Lots of fun.

On a different note twice this week my 5 yr old daughter has called me fat. Funny enough, 90 lbs ago at my highest she never said a thing!
  • Quote: No offense taken at all Schenectady. Thank you for caring enough to post.
    Kimmie - thank you for saying that. It is very sweet to relieve me of the angst.

I have struggled with this since August and only when I dedicated myself to IP 100% was I able to see and feel progress. If in any way my experiences can aid someone else on IP, I am going to try.

Best of luck, fingers crossed for you!
  • I had a great time tonight with the family and remember like 65x65 said life is too short make the best of it...
  • Tomorrow marks a month of being on ideal protein and I am shocked with how easy it has been to stay OP. My friend got a groupon deal for a personal trainer so I have started that as well. I am so excited to see some noticeable changes in my body! I have had four kids, two in the past two years and it's been awhile since I've been comfortable in my own skin
  • Quote: I had a great time tonight with the family and remember like 65x65 said life is too short make the best of it...
    Glad that you had a good time with your family; they can be a fickle thing.
  • Hi IP people,

Day 6 and I am ready to find out how I am doing! I have been avoiding real clothes in favor of sweat pants and hooded sweatshirts in the freezing weather. Tonight DH and I went to Morton's Steakhouse for dinner. I wanted about everything on the menu but stuck to a grilled plain 6oz fillet, two grilled shrimp Also a dressing-less salad and plain steamed asparagus. I was happy with the meal and left satisfied but longing for something sweet. I ate a lemon wafer and I have been guzzling the water. Tomorrow I am going to make potato rolls... and try the broccoli and cheese soup packet over roasted broccoli. Thanks for reading and giving me a place to share! I am going to make this change in my life!
  • Quote: Hi IP people,

Day 6 and I am ready to find out how I am doing! I have been avoiding real clothes in favor of sweat pants and hooded sweatshirts in the freezing weather. Tonight DH and I went to Morton's Steakhouse for dinner. I wanted about everything on the menu but stuck to a grilled plain 6oz fillet, two grilled shrimp Also a dressing-less salad and plain steamed asparagus. I was happy with the meal and left satisfied but longing for something sweet. I ate a lemon wafer and I have been guzzling the water. Tomorrow I am going to make potato rolls... and try the broccoli and cheese soup packet over roasted broccoli. Thanks for reading and giving me a place to share! I am going to make this change in my life!
    Good job IPMary on making good choices while out for dinner! One thing I really like about this program is that it makes you really think about what you're eating and pay attention to how food is prepared. Sounds like you have the mindset to be really successful!
  • a couple of questions.

1. can u reheat roasted cauliflower,spinach and green beans? or does it make it mushy?
    2.After you make the spinach chips how do you store them ? or are they good the next day?