ISO make ahead meal plans

• Forgive me if this has been discussed. I did a search, but, I'm not finding what I'm looking for.

Is there a website that anyone uses that has a GOOD make ahead meal plan with recipes? I found a few, but, GOODNESS, they're not so healthy as they make you think. Too much sugar, or too much sodium, too many calories....
    They are healthy, but, not for weight loss at all.

I am looking for stuff that I can make on Sunday, freeze and grab for lunch each day.
    I need low sodium as well.
  • Most foods are freezable. I like freezing stew/chili/soup/casseroles/one dish meals in portions. Just look for a healthy recipe (I suggest starting with www.skinnytaste.com, www.cookinglight.com, www.eatingwell.com) and portion it after you're done cooking and cooling. Write the name/calorie count/and date on each container or baggie.

You can freeze things like cooked chicken in portioned baggies, cooked rice, or cooked pasta. Some recipes that I've made and keep on hand are:

Cauliflower macaroni and cheese:
    Take one chopped head of cauliflower, steam in a small amount of water until tender. Puree cauliflower, add 1 cup sharp cheese, and season to taste. Freeze in ice cube trays until frozen, transfer to a labeled freezer bag. To serve, microwave as many cubes as needed and mix with cooked pasta (optional mix with broccoli) or drizzle sauce over vegetables.

Chicken/yellow squash nuggets:
    Shred 1-2 squash and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Mix with 1lb ground chicken, 1 egg, seasoning, form into “nuggets” and bread with your choice of bread crumb. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Cool and freeze on a cookie sheet. Once frozen, transfer to a labeled freezer bag. To serve, microwave until thawed or bake for a crisp exterior.

Turkey/zucchini meatballs:
    Shred 1-2 zucchini and squeeze most of the liquid out. Mix with 1lb ground turkey, 1 egg, seasoning, parmesan cheese, and choice of bread crumb. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Cool and freeze on a cookie sheet. Once frozen, transfer to a labeled freezer bag. To serve, microwave until thawed or simmer in sauce.

Breakfast burrito:
    Sauté onion, pepper, mushroom, spinach. Chop 8 slices of turkey or center cut bacon, and crisp. Cook 8 scrambled eggs, and mix all cooled ingredients together. Lay out 8 large high fiber/low carb burritos (like La Tortilla Factory smart and delicious line or Ole Wellness High Fiber). Divide mixture amongst 8 burritos, top each with ¼ cup of cheese of choice, and roll into burritos, folding in the sides. Lay seam side down on cookie sheet, and freeze. Once frozen, transfer to labeled freezer bag. To serve, microwave wrapped in damp paper towel for 2-3 minutes until thawed or microwave until thawed and crisp in lightly greased pan until browned. Options: add in cooked potatoes, vegetables to taste, sun dried tomatoes, jalapenos, hot sauce, or any other preferred fillings. Can substitute 2 egg whites for each whole egg.

Non-breakfast burrito:
    Mix 2 cups of cooked rice of choice, sautéed vegetables of choice, one can rinsed black beans, salsa (optional jalapeno, hot sauce, sofrito, corn, etc). Lay out 8 large high fiber/low carb burritos, divide, top each with ¼ cup cheese, roll, and freeze on cookie sheet. To serve, microwave wrapped in paper towel for 2-3 minutes until thawed or microwave until thawed and crisp in lightly oiled pan until browned. Options: replace some or all of the rice and beans with shredded cooked chicken/beef/pork or cooked lean ground meat.
  • Oh awesome!!
    Thank you so much!!!