IP Daily Chat

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: Had my WI today after completing week 4 OP. Down 2.4 pounds and lost 4.75 inches. Slow and steady. Always hoping for more, but I'm excited to have lost over 17 pounds in 4 weeks!
    So, really...
    What part of 17 lbs in 4 weeks is slow???
  • Steppy1974
    I feel bad that your fiance feels this way towards your weight loss. I can see maybe he has some insecurities. Maybe you should ask him if he wants to join you on your journey? I also feel maybe just taking some time for the two of you each day maybe wrestling around on the bed ( one of my favorite things to do) it makes both of us giggle....
  • Today I am following Lisa's recipe and doing a big pot of chicken stock while on another burner, I am making my husband a lovely roast.

This morning was sad - I dropped off a bag of donations at the local thrift store - including 6 pairs of truly beloved shoes! When I was getting all dressed up last night for a business dinner, I discovered my feet slipped out of my nice black suede dress shoes with the curled flowers on the toes. Then my favorite flats, then the next pair on and on. I truly have a love affairs with leather shoes, if you hadn't figured that out already. Some of them I have had and loved for years!

Good thing is that now all my remaining shoes fit in my closet rack and bag.
  • Quote: Today I am following Lisa's recipe and doing a big pot of chicken stock while on another burner, I am making my husband a lovely roast.

This morning was sad - I dropped off a bag of donations at the local thrift store - including 6 pairs of truly beloved shoes! When I was getting all dressed up last night for a business dinner, I discovered my feet slipped out of my nice black suede dress shoes with the curled flowers on the toes. Then my favorite flats, then the next pair on and on. I truly have a love affairs with leather shoes, if you hadn't figured that out already. Some of them I have had and loved for years!

Good thing is that now all my remaining shoes fit in my closet rack and bag.
    It's sad to say goodbye to the beloved clothes, that we've waited oh so long hoping one day to fit. then zooming right through on our way down because IP is so fast. I actually consulted a tailor who said they would need to be taken apart and remade $$$. There are loads of smaller sizes awaiting you in the stores! That said, sometimes it's inconvenient to realize last minute your bras don't fit or that thing you were planning ot wear to an engagement is sagging to your knees.! Congratulations on your scale and non-scale victories!
  • So this is going to sound crazy, but I just got in my shipment of Walden Farms stuff, and I know this is crazy, but it was all really good... I was surprised. I threw half of it out last time, but this time, wow. They must have changed up some of the recipes. Even the peanut butter was good! Granted I only took small bites of each thing, but even still, I could taste exactly what it was suppose to be and it was really minimal on the after taste. I am very very happy with this set.
  • Quote: So this is going to sound crazy, but I just got in my shipment of Walden Farms stuff, and I know this is crazy, but it was all really good... I was surprised. I threw half of it out last time, but this time, wow. They must have changed up some of the recipes. Even the peanut butter was good! Granted I only took small bites of each thing, but even still, I could taste exactly what it was suppose to be and it was really minimal on the after taste. I am very very happy with this set.
    Wow, that is great news. I have several bottles of WF products that were disgusting! I use the BBQ Sauce sparingly and only use the Thousand Island dressing for Big Mac In a Bowl. The chocolate and strawberry syrup aren't bad and I can tolerate the caramel dip. My friend is just starting IP and I warned her about WF products and that she may not like many of them. It would be awesome if they taste better now.
  • Youngest daughter birthday is tomorrow. Made her favorite from scratch chocolate 3 layer cake. I made it without one lick of batter. Very proud of myself. Going out of town to celebrate her 24th birthday and meeting up with her two older sisters. I have already told her that I won't have any cake but I can still celebrate the occasion with her. Seems like everything evolves around food. Starting week 4 of staying 100% OP
  • Quote: So this is going to sound crazy, but I just got in my shipment of Walden Farms stuff, and I know this is crazy, but it was all really good... I was surprised. I threw half of it out last time, but this time, wow. They must have changed up some of the recipes. Even the peanut butter was good! Granted I only took small bites of each thing, but even still, I could taste exactly what it was suppose to be and it was really minimal on the after taste. I am very very happy with this set.
    I don't mind them. Do some of them require an acquired taste? Yes.

A couple weeks ago someone posted that they used the Asian Dressing on Stir Fry and tried it and I love it. I make my stir fry and then toss a serving of the WF with the stir fry right before serving. (I take the skillet off the heat and mix it in). It makes it taste like chinese from the restaurant.

I use the 1000 Island, marshmallow dip and ketchup quite frequently.
  • Quote: Had my WI today after completing week 4 OP. Down 2.4 pounds and lost 4.75 inches. Slow and steady. Always hoping for more, but I'm excited to have lost over 17 pounds in 4 weeks!
    Quote: So, really...
    Really have to 150% second Lisa here...my average during the "quicker" first 5 months I was on Ip was 11/lbs a month...and I recall seeing that same statistic posted this week by RuthAnn. The first big loss weeks posted by some are a lot of water, and also usually by someone who's BMI suggest significant amount of weight to lose. (I know...10-20 lbs can be significant to any one of us..but you get my drift.) Someone needing to lose 100 lbs or more is going to have a different experience from some one trying to lose 1/2 that total, both at the beginning and during the journey.

Anyone who has lurked or been reading on here for a while has seen the affirmation the average is 2-3 lbs a week after that initial water weight loss. As one gets closer to the end..any loss is a victory...often less than .5 lbs/week, and it could take a while for the last 10-15 lbs to show on the scale. There are other measurements that are way more important by then. Cholesterol. Blood Sugar.Blood Pressure. Waist circumference. Clothing size. How you look and feel.

Jendilly..what makes you think it should be more?? Not trying to be antagonistic, but it took most of us well over a month, and actually close to the middle of the second month to reach 15 lbs! Are you charting your progress or is your clinic doing it for you? You may wnat to ask for a copy of your chart each week so you can see those numbers and if they are not measuring your waist, chest, hips, thigh, arm etc...ask them to! When you start to look at your numbers in % instead of raw #s, you may see you are doing exceptionally well...and on par or maybe even better than a heavier person who's loss is a bigger number! You've lost 12% of your body weight already!! Some one who has lost 25 lbs but weighed 300 lbs to start also has lost 12%. Numbers can lie or give you a false impression. It's all relative. ...% is often a better indicator of how you are doing at any point in your journey....but no one measurement should be the only thing focused on. Relax.. chill...you are doing great!!!
  • Quote: So, really...

I know, I know. I was really referring to the 1.6 last week and the 2.4 this week. It's slowed down from the first two weeks, but I'm well aware that it's totally normal. I'm just happy that it's a steady decrease. AND...I've lost over 18 inches, which I love even more than the pounds lost. My "slow and steady" was my reference to "slow and steady wins the race". Yes, I would love to have 5 pound weight losses every week...but I'm also realistic.
  • Quote: 17 pounds in 4 weeks is AMAZING!!! Congratulations
    Thank you so much, Carol. I truly appreciate the positive support! This group has meant a lot to me.
  • Quote: Wow, that is great news. I have several bottles of WF products that were disgusting! I use the BBQ Sauce sparingly and only use the Thousand Island dressing for Big Mac In a Bowl. The chocolate and strawberry syrup aren't bad and I can tolerate the caramel dip. My friend is just starting IP and I warned her about WF products and that she may not like many of them. It would be awesome if they taste better now.
    I got these, and all were awesome (except for the honey bbq and the hiccory smoked bbq, they were good, but a little overly sweet)

Blue Cheese
    Thick and Spicy BBQ
    Caramel Dip
    Chocolate Dip
    Apple Butter
    Peanut Butter
    Chocolate Syrup
    Caramel Syrup
  • Thank you 65. At first, I felt like I was being scolded by both you and Lisa, but your post made me remember that there is a much bigger picture here. I think for some reason in my mind I was thinking I'd lose more each week. But, I also realize that the % I have lost is fabulous. Plus, when they did my BCA (I think that's what it is), I've come down 2% in fat...and that makes me feel good. I've lost over 18 inches...5 from my waist, over 5 from my hips. Just this week, I lost 1.75 inches in each thigh!

So, I'm sorry for my "slow and steady" comment. It honestly was in reference to "slow and steady wins the race"...meaning, if I just keep going and stay on plan, I will get to my goal. It's not going to happen overnight. I still have a ways to go...but I WILL get there.
  • Forgot to post todays inspirational quote

Ralph Marston: Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.
  • Quote: I don't mind them. Do some of them require an acquired taste? Yes.

A couple weeks ago someone posted that they used the Asian Dressing on Stir Fry and tried it and I love it. I make my stir fry and then toss a serving of the WF with the stir fry right before serving. (I take the skillet off the heat and mix it in). It makes it taste like chinese from the restaurant.

I use the 1000 Island, marshmallow dip and ketchup quite frequently.
    I have gotten used to them. I just use the dressings, and a little bit of barbecue once in a while. Good idea on the stir fry. May have to try that!