The Slow Carb Diet (Thread 2)

You're on Page 33 of 34
Go to
  • Patty and to the thread do tell more? Also please post your meals here. I love to get new ideas and see what's working for others that may just work for me also Glad to have you

Thanks Steph , good to see you. I hope your weigh in tomorrow is what you want it to be I am all over the place also. I have no idea why I was up this morning and I will probably be up tomorrow also. Just finished eating some salty bacon. Why? I don't know, just cooked it and ate it, smh I do have my menu planned out for tomorrow on MFP so if I stick to it I should see better numbers on Thursday

Good night All
  • So nice to be here!
    I typically eat 3ish eggs, refried beans, some vegetable, usually tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, or green peppers, scrambled in coconut oil, sometimes adding ham, ground beef, bacon, crab, sometimes adding a little butter at the end for breakfast... I just eat in the mornings as its the plan, I kind of don't care what I eat in the morning..
    This morning it was canned crab, mushrooms, eggs, dill, refried beans coconut oil for frying, butter for flavor at the end.. Earl Grey tea

I do quite well on high protein and fat.. I am one of those short stocky people, natural muscular, easily fat, big bones.. The smallest I have ever been is size 12..Running almost out of 22 right now.. I like being sturdy, just not being as fat
    Patty
  • thanks for sharing Patty, do you refry your own beans or buy canned? I love refried beans but the ones I bought only once were too salty for my taste

B ~ 2 eggs, 1 beef sausage, ½ protein pancake w/.5 tbsp low glycemic syrup
    L ~ beef hot dog w/ ketchup & mustard on oopsie bread
    D ~ I'm thinking tilapia and cabbage
    S ~ ???
  • Okay, today down 1.3 lbs. So wish I could cook like ya'll for breakfast. I am pretty stupified in the mornings. Just kinda bumble through it. It is at 5:30 in the morning, when no sane person should be doing too much thinking... Or maybe that's just me. Has been warmer lately, meaning no snow, so have had banana/chocolate/peanut butter protein shakes for the last 2 days. Have been feeling more hungry at lunch though, like the shakes are not enough. Maybe just need to adjust. Before that I was having the breakfast sandwiches with the Hamilton Sandwich Maker. Pretty fun and easy, and I only have 1 slice of rye or Eziekel bread sliced in half for the sandwich. Have it with an egg, turkey sausage and a little cheese. Like how I get at least a little bread, but not too much, and it is toasted like a panini! Super easy, compact, and the protein really stays with me, which is important to me since I often don't get time for a lunch.
  • Have a great OP day tomorrow everyone!
  • Steph LOL, my sausage and pancake were pre-cooked eggs are quick I have to get up at 5:30 also and I hate it . Two of the boys have to be out of here at 6 and 6:10, then the other by 6:25 and my daughter has to be up between 6:45 and 7 because she drags along. That's usually my time to get things straight that were left the night before because everyone claimed to be tired and would get it in the morning knowing they won't have time (story tellers ) If you're making your own protein shake, try using a scoop and a half. If that doesn't work try using 2 scoops or adding a low carb yogurt for more filling I need to purchase a panini press of sandwich maker. I really like the sound of your breakfast sandwich When you do the sandwich for breakfast (if you like them) drink an Atkins shake or eat an Atkins meal bar, just a thought.

... down .2 this morning to 163.4. I KNOW it would have been more had I got more rest/sleep so better luck tomorrow

Wishing us ALL a POP = Positively On Point Day
  • Hey all! Remember me?? Lol well I moved back to California a couple months ago and i've been doing WW Points Plus. As i've had success in the past, and I am down to 383 from 397. Slow but a lot of learning over here! I still have my struggles with drinking a couple times during the week and it either makes me stall or gain a few ounces. I still have my off days where I eat like a maniac because i'm sick of watching what I eat! lol. Either way i'm fine and wanted to say hi and am happy to see a lot of you still on here working on your goals as well!
  • Yay sunlover!
    I just started monday, so Lost the Water, and am now 250 as of this Morning.. I know its almost all Water, as it always is the first week, but still makes me giddy!!
    Hello Every one!! I so love being here, and i'm sure I get better at names, as its not like they aren't in Writing...
    So, I'm also doing Beck Diet solution, and Subliminals, and was thinking about supplements, they reccomend against Pagg if you have thyroid and high blood pressure medication, which I do.. I do Carb Blockers on cheat days, and am thinking of trying raspberry ketones, anyone do any supplements, reccomendation, bad experiences?

Rennie, I do Las Costena canned refried beans, from Walmart, for the most part, as i am lazy.. I like that they have next to no flavor, and if I put butter on them, I can almost believe that they are mashed potatoes
    I also do a brand from Aldi that has a little bit of spice, and I like that I can mix them in with things, Like stirfry, or hamburger in mexican things, and I don't notice much that way either..
    I also like and sometimes do pureed cauliflower, with pureed white beans, butter, a little water, a little parmesan, a little garlic, and a little horseradish, very like the gourmet mash potatoes.

I am also exceedingly fond of Wendy's chili, or my own, and lentils, but other than that, I am not really a bean fan, and have to trick myself.

Today is going to be my weel's cheat day, as its my and my husband's anniversary, going to go Eat Indian food...
    Now, the trick for me will be then not taking My usual cheat day on Sunday when I get togetehr with friends..
    Have a nice Day!!
  • Hey dt, yes we remember you Gary, Jacqui, Missy, Pamela and TwoTots haven't checked in in awhile though Good to see, and good job on the your weight loss Even though you aren't slow carb-ing you can still hang out here with us of course

Jane, a loss is a loss, water weight makes me giddy also What are carb blockers? I need that, along with an appetite suppressant I have the raspberry ketone chews and they worked it seemed when I first got them and then I didn't see any use for them. Thanks on the refried beans, I don't know that the potato thing would work in my mind, lol. I am a mashed potato fanatic. That's why I haven't tried the cauliflower mash yet . I have used the Bob's Red Mill TVP protein in the place of beans before. Of course they don't have as much fiber but it works. I do love beans but I gain when I eat them and good refried beans that aren't salty would make me very happy I like the idea of your gourmet mashed cauliflower HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Well bad me did horribly yesterday, I was over in calories by 1193 and carbs by 244. MFP surely puts things into perspective for ya . I didn't do any exercise either. Just spent the better part of the day with my thin wanting to stop every where to eat daughter yesterday We had a good time but goodness I couldn't do that everyday. I drank a nice warm glass of prune juice before bed because my stomach was a mess. Thank goodness it does help me Weigh in today was 163.8 up .4 from yesterday which would have been way worse if not for that fiber I did make it to the gym today burned 504 calories so feeling good. My oldest doesn't have football practice today so he wants to go to the gym the evening. What is you alls take on working out (which for me is more walking) twice in one day? I do brisk up hill walking. I haven't done it in 4 years and before it was counter active use to give me an up on the scale most times.
  • Welcome dt , Patty and Jane!

Rennie, you are one of the most determined ladies...you WILL lose that weight!

Steph and Sunlover, man I get "off" the plan and now I have a pound and a half to get rid of and I was doing so well!

B~ egg, ham, onion, tomato and cheese omlette with 1 slice wheat toast
    L~ blew it with a yummy Ruben (1/2, saved the other for dinner) and chips
    S~ Chocolate
    D~ Other half of Ruben
    S~ will be some air pop corn

Got to get to my goal by May first! Why? Just because...

Have a great evening!
  • Thanks Cindi I sure am trying and I love the just because attitude ... IT WORKS

Well I had another snacky day. I started out well and then we stayed out too long and all was a mess I had a great walk yesterday and 8 hours of sleep so the scale rewarded me. I was down .6 to 163.2 this morning

B ~ Atkins chocolate shake, ½ cup cream of chicken soup w/real chicken
    S ~ whopper malted eggs (my weakness Cindi), banana
    L ~ Atkins chocolate peanut butter bar
    S ~ ¼ of a pack of cheese/pb cracker so one cracker, (I forgot my almond butter/polaner s/f grape on a slice of s/f nature's own)
    D ~ little pieces of orange chicken b4 the sauce was put on it, egg roll no duck sauce and 1.5 grapefruit

and about 12+ cups of water , I also made it to the gym but only burned 260 calories
  • I started with carb blockers when I did atkins last, Fran Mcullough mentioned them in her low card lifestyle book, I think.. Uou take 2 of them in about 30 minutes of a high carb meal, and it helps the carbs not absorb.. I also like how it keeps me from having the carb hangover the next day.... I don't think they would be helpfully all the time, but they are really great for cheat days, or to have when you think you might be led into temptation. I just buy the ones at Walmart.

Today I'm going to go RPG with friends, normally my cheat day, but I' also doing the Beck diet solution where you talk to yourself about things, so I hope I have innoculated myself from bad behavior..

My turn to cook, so that was useful, made stirfry to reheat..
  • I've always wondered if the carb blockers work but I think I really need an appetite suppressant somedays more than anything stir fry sounds good, yum

I saw a new low of 162.0 this morning. I was so happy. I got to the gym burned 374 calories on the treadmill 3.02 miles
  • Quote: I've always wondered if the carb blockers work but I think I really need an appetite suppressant somedays more than anything stir fry sounds good, yum

I saw a new low of 162.0 this morning. I was so happy. I got to the gym burned 374 calories on the treadmill 3.02 miles
    Great job! And it sucks that a lot of people left? But it is good to see you still with it and getting results!!
  • dt, I'm still here but not necessarily eating slow carb or on plan . I need to get my motivation back. I have a goal for my birthday next Monday and if I keep feeding my stomach and not using my brain I will not make it for certain