The Slow Carb Diet (Thread 2)

You're on Page 15 of 34
Go to
  • Thanks for the welcome Jacqui

a quick note about what i remember about Atkins...

if i ate a lot of nuts, i would lose slower.

if i ate a lot of sweet diet junk like jello, candy, and soft drinks, i would lose slower.

i mention this in case anyone is losing slower than they were hoping, it may be caused by those two items.

on slow carb i will take it easy on the nuts and will completely stay away from sweet diet junk of any kind.

it will be difficult for me to not eat cheese though. on Atkins, cheese was a great addition to meals and also worked for snacking. anyone eating cheese on slow carb and having success?

the one thing i can't give up which was completely OK on Atkins...and i think it may be OK on slow carb too, is decaf coffee with heavy cream. i know on slow carb all dairy is off limits, but i have also read some places here and there that heavy cream is OK on slow carb. if anyone knows if the heavy cream is a definite nono, please let me now.
  • Welcome Belief! jacqui glad to hear you are on the mend. I'm bailing ship for a little while, I have lots of IP food pockets left so I'm going to follow the IP plan for a while and see how it goes. I will still post here everyday it's nice place to hang out. I'm hoping to eventually follow a slow carb way of eating. Planning on exercising again tomorrow, my nephew left yesterday. I can get back to my morning routine.
  • Steph I absolutely love your Valentine's dinner along with everything else that you eat . I am in agreement with the small cheat versus a large also. and not silly at all to pay someone to weigh you if it keeps you OP also it motivates your daughter also, I hope yes whatever works

McSurf, you're a romantic I love it glad the chocolate didn't do any damage

TwoTots, please post your meals while on IP, I'm interested to see what you'd eat. Thanks

belief and to the thread please continue to post your meals. I like seeing what everyone is eating it gives me ideas since I'm pretty picky I can choose the things that I like using someone else's ideas belief, I think we all eat nuts, they'll correct me if I'm wrong. I measure out 1/4 cup only and I also eat 2 tbsps of peanut butter as a snack but never late in the evening. I don't eat the s/f jello that often. I think I have only had it once with some reddi whip and I didn't have a problem. Also I believe we all eat a little cheese, mostly a little shredded. That is one of our modifications. I have done wonderfully and hope to continue the trend through February. I just have to bread past 168 which has been my low this go around Jacqui will have to answer the cream question. IDK about that. Though I did have two cups of coffee on Thursday since I was snowed in an it didn't pose a problem. I used sugar free caramel macchiato in both cups with some soy milk added

Jacquiiiiiiiiii I am so happy to see you Happy to hear everything is good and you were just busy Sorry that cold is still lingering and TOM is trying to visit, the two together equal misery, smh. I pray they are both gone soon

ok I had a surprising weigh in this morning 168.4. I looked at the scale and thought WOW. I've got to continue this trend I don't want to gain all of the weight back ever again. I want to stay in the 160's not go back to the 170's and move through them with ease (as long as I stay OP)
  • Hi and welcome Belief!
    And thank goodness you're back Jacqui! We missed you!!!

So I chopped more veggies and made a kinda horrible soup last night. Is a veggie/leak soup that is supposed to help you lose weight. You're supposed to eat it 3 times a day but no way I can eat it that much, so just hoping a cup while I'm preparing dinner will help, because that's when I get home and want to eat everything in the house!!!
  • And yes two tots - I also had some IP packets left so threw them in, (2 chicken soup packets and 2 puréed potatoes packets), with all of the veggies I had, (leeks, onions, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, kale, carrots, celery, etc.) came out really strong veggie smelling/tasting but we'll see if I can handle it. I have a big event that I want to wear an outfit for that I haven't been able to fit in, but I'm close so hoping I'll be able to this year. Maybe sipping this veggie brew/ soup will help.
  • Two tots- are you doing the full IP? I think for the next two weeks I'll be doing mostly IP also. Have many packets left, and as I said, want to lose some more weight in the next few weeks, before March 8. Not bathing suit important but an event with a good enough excuse to give me some incentive. Let's see how much we can lose!!!

Anyone else want to try, just try to eat very low carb and hi protein!
  • Two tots- please post here and let me know how you are doing. I'll do the same. Good luck!

Good luck this week everyone!!!

Valentines day and Super Bowl is behind us! No real foodie holidays left, except green beer on St Patricks day, and I can dodge that one! Now if it was a wine, margarita or mojito holiday... then I'd have to worry!!!

Have a great week everyone!
  • Good morning everyone. so today is the start of a new eating plan for me, trying to kick start some rapid fat loss. We will see how it goes. plan today is
    BBF: Pint of warm water with lemon juice
    BF: White choc protein, spinach, coffee, stevia, water, ice cubes
    Lunch:"French toast", courgette with cheese omlette and WF pancake syrup
    Dinner: Pulled pork and turnip
    snack: protein bar. chicken legs x3
  • thanks for the welcome everyone

love2b-
    B-yesterday i had 2 sausages.
    L-i had a huge salad with eggs and ham, cucumbers, mushrooms, and blue cheese dressing. I also had about 8 hot buffalo wings.
    D-i was very full until about 9 pm so i has a little steak and some pinto beans before bed
    (about 2 large cups of decaf with a bunch of heavy cream sipped throughout the day, during meals i drink water)

i need to learn more about the slow carb diet. as of now my plan is basically do Atkins 6 days a week, and binge on the 7th day. I will add more legumes than i did while on atkins too.
  • Good evening everyone. Day 1 is going well, trying to drink lots of water. I read somewhere that someone took up knitting to stop from snacking in the evenings. I might look into this. Evenings in front of the telly are my downfall. I will not sabotage myself yet again. Another new mantra! "Green tea and no self sabotage". Hope everyone is having a good day.
  • Steph I did the cabbage soup diet once and couldn't eat the soup all day. Actually I liked the broth but I didn't want to eat the cabbage, celery, tomatoes and peppers everyday Hope it helps to curve your appetite until dinner Steph I'm in I need to prepare though. I have some things for the soup but not all How much are you trying to come down between now and your event?

Good plan TwoTots

belief your meals look good, I would have skipped the beans after 7pm though but that's just me

I'm gonna make my soup tomorrow (hopefully) and prayerfully stick to plan. I did it with the church and as Jacqui said I can do it for me

Hi Jacqui

Pamela and Missy where are you?
  • Goodmorning all, day 2 today. Yesterday went well. last night I was fighting with myself the urge to snack was huge but I didn't give in. Delighted today. My meal plan for today
    BBF Pint of warm water with lemon juice
    BF chic protein, spinach shake with ice and coffee
    Lunch: chicken salad with wf dressing
    Snack: choc soya balls at the cinema
    dinner; potato/apple pancake rolls with wf fruit spread
    have a good day everyone.
  • ok, yesterday meals

B-protein drink (Living Fuel Greens)
    L-2 eggs, 2 large hot dog style sausages, mixed with pinto beans
    S-over indulged about an hour after Lunch on 1/2 Peruvian chicken, cole slaw
    D-another 1/2 of chicken
    (about 2 large cups of decaf with a bunch of heavy cream sipped throughout the day, during meals i drink water)

lost 1 lb yesterday.

usually when going low carb i have withdrawals and anxiety.

i think the beans added really makes a difference. i feel no withdrawal or anxiety so far.

the beans also make the meals much more interesting.

my brain is functioning better now too. maybe it was the sugar and starch, and not just plain carbs that gave me the reactive hypoglycemia and brain fog.

of course, Atkins always helped my reactive hypoglycemia, but it was very tough to stick to long term.
  • Hi all! Sorry I haven't been online for the last few days. I fell off plan. Was sick, snowed in, and then went away last weekend. Went back on plan Sunday and I was surprised that after being off plan for 7 days I only gained 2 pounds (well, as of this morning after eating slow carb last two days).

Unfortunately this is just days before I leave for the Carribean and I haven't lost nearly as much as I was hoping before leaving. Oh well. I will continue my diet this week, next week I will enjoy my vacation to the fullest, and when I return I'll go back to my diet and lose the weight I'm likely to gain.

I'll catch up on individual posts later today. On top of everything my boss has been difficult the last few days.
  • Oh! Welcome Belief!!

I completely agree! When I did Atkins the first week was ok and I lost a lot of water weight, but then I had continual headaches and feel so fatigued and off. This slow carb diet with beans really does help with this issue! My little trick is to have those carbs (beans, and in my case I also have greek yogurt/blueberry/sprinkling of granola snack) in the morning/afternoon, and then a low carb dinner.

At least that is my plan......er, when I don't go off diet for 7 days! Yikes!

Belief I never heard of the Living Fuel Greens drink. Is that something you can buy or do you make it? Does it have protein and also made with greens. Sounds super healthy!