IP Daily Chat

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to

• Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
    and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
    The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    Fun with Veggie Purees!
    Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
    Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
    And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
    Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
  • Morning everyone. Hope you are all doing well.

What a week we've had here in WV. First the extreme cold and snow Monday and Tuesday. Then a chemical leak Thursday which has caused us not to be able to use our water for anything. Still dealing with that. But this too shall pass.

Still OP. I have really tailed off as far as the weight loss goes. I'm down to 2 lbs a week for the last 3 weeks. I plan on completing phase 1 in 2 weeks and then moving on to phase 2 and 3. My goal of losing an extra 25lbs in 5 weeks doesn't look like it's going to happen. But I will take what I can get and if I'm able to lose another 4lbs over the next 2 weeks, I will be happy and call this journey a success!

I can tell that I'm still losing mass, as clothes are getting bigger and bigger. I do have to share something funny with you. My son got an Xbox for Christmas. We've played some while he was off on break and had a good time. My wife and son have been begging to hook up the Kinect. So last week we hooked it up and they played some while I was doing other things. Friday evening he wanted me to play with him. So I did. One of the games we were playing was track and field. During the hurdles game, you have to run in place and jump to go over the hurdles. I think there were 4 hurdles. I literally ran out of my pants while playing. They are getting so big that they fell down while I was playing. Glad it was only family and we didn't have guests!

Have a great day!
  • Quote:
    During the hurdles game, you have to run in place and jump to go over the hurdles. I think there were 4 hurdles. I literally ran out of my pants while playing. They are getting so big that they fell down while I was playing. Glad it was only family and we didn't have guests!

Have a great day!
    Now THAT'S what I call a NSV!! lol thanks for that entertaining story!
  • Allend: That is too funny! What a great NSV but glad it happened at home!

Baggy pants have been a problem for me since I started losing weight - I actually took a stapler into the bathroom at work one day and stapled the back of the waistband of my pants to keep them up. Then I started hitting up friends and relatives to clean out their closets and lurking at thrift stores.
  • Good Monday morning everyone! I love the baggy pants story, thank you Allend for sharing that with us. I too suffer from baggy pants..... my daughter even came up with a little song. The London bridges song but instead of London bridges, its Mommy's britches.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • My first stunning NSV yesterday evening. I was out of veggies so I ran to the store. While there, I saw a lady who daughter went to school with our children whom we have known for years. Her aged mother was visiting from Croatia. She and her husband had done some yard and house projects for us over the years.

When I spotted them, I called out to the lady, but she looked puzzled. Not sure of what was going on, I approached her and identified myself to her.

What a double take -she looked at me and said "I could not even recognize you. You aren't the same person!" Her mother quickly asked in her own language who it was and then made hand movements to suggest my body was much smaller, smiling the whole time.

Knowing that these two are very sincere and genuine people, I knew they were not just being nice - they really were shocked.

Now some of probably wondering how this might happen after only 50 pounds, but before, I had been 26 pounds above my starting IP weight. Made my day!
  • Good Morning yall! I too fight the baggy pants problem! I'm now the same size as my mom so she's been giving me pants. Problem? Yes. She's 5'4 and i'm 5'9! So I either wear them with boots or i'm rocking that 'ankle' pant that's so in style!!
  • Hi everyone! Day one of re-boot. I was able to lose about 100 lbs doing IP then switching to low-carb, but due to travel for work and a recent move, I've gained over 20 lbs in the past 6 months! Here's hoping I can stick to it to reach my original goal of 140 lbs in the near future. I know to do that, I NEED to log on here every day for accountability, since I'm doing alternatives and don't have a coach.

I love the NSVs... Allend, that's so funny!! And schenectady, that's amazing!! It always made me feel great when people I hadn't seen in awhile were blown away by my progress.
  • Quote: My first stunning NSV yesterday evening. I was out of veggies so I ran to the store.
    What a double take -she looked at me and said "I could not even recognize you. You aren't the same person!" Her mother quickly asked in her own language who it was and then made hand movements to suggest my body was much smaller, smiling the whole time.
    Knowing that these two are very sincere and genuine people, I knew they were not just being nice - they really were shocked.
    Now some of probably wondering how this might happen after only 50 pounds, but before, I had been 26 pounds above my starting IP weight. Made my day!
    That is a great NSV and what a lovely compliment.

Allend- Lol running out of your pants. I have come close at the gym a few times.

It feels like spring today, the birds are chirping and the snow is melting. So different from the -42 we had last week.
    I'm enjoying a quiet morning before heading to work around 1130 and then after work to the gym to spin class and yoga.
    Have a great OP day
  • Good morning, IPeeps!

Had a gorgeously mild weekend, and it looks like the next few days are going to be the same.

Yesterday we went to Costco and it was too warm for my down jacket, so I decided to try my spring/fall coat again, which was still too small in the fall... well it is just about at the point of being too big. Not sure if I will be able to wear it in the Spring. What a great feeling!!

I am a daily weigher (I can't help myself) and I have been stuck at 180.0 since Thursday, and finally today it said 179.0! I don't expect to lose every day, just in the past I have either gone up or down each day, never staying the same for that long. Let's just hope TOM stays away until after WI on Thursday, so I can officially be in the 170s!

Have a great day, everyone!!
  • Great NSVs Allend and Schenectady!

I had a client at work on Friday whom I hadn't seen since July 6, 2013, 5 days before I restarted IP. She was like "You've lost weight... a LOT of weight!" Made my day!
  • Quote: My first stunning NSV yesterday evening. I was out of veggies so I ran to the store. While there, I saw a lady who daughter went to school with our children whom we have known for years. Her aged mother was visiting from Croatia. She and her husband had done some yard and house projects for us over the years.

When I spotted them, I called out to the lady, but she looked puzzled. Not sure of what was going on, I approached her and identified myself to her.

Great Job! You should think about editing your tracker stats to reflect ALL the weight you have lost...this journey is not only an IP journey. It is your story and the entire journey is worthy of credit!! Just put an initial weight and adjust your total loss! AMAZING..BRAVO!!

The initial weight you lost may have been the reason you felt you had a slow start...You were WELL on your way to losing the hard stuff when you started IP!!
  • ...and congrats to all those seeing results already, as well as those feeling good about the NSV stuff! It's all good.
  • Hello, newbie here. Been doing alternatives for a week now and was happy to step on the scale for the first time this morning - down 4.6 pounds. I'm really happy with that for the first week. Not as much of a loss as many people see in their first week, but still twice what I could expect on the first week of any of my usual diet efforts.

I've been great about not cheating. One thing I've noticed is how much I previously ate without thinking. When prepping some berries for my kids, I popped a blueberry in my mouth. When I realized it, I spit it out (go me!) but I realized that I must do this all the time -- and not always with something as harmless as a blueberry.

I've also noticed that my sense of smell is off the charts. I googled ketosis/sense of smell and learned that some people experience a change in how things smell that leaves them disliking food odors. That's not what's happening to me; everything just smells stronger. For instance, the coffee brewing in the kitchen outside my office door smells divine, whereas I wouldn't normally notice the scent at all. It happened when I was pregnant, too, so must be hormonal.

Well, just a little stream-of-consciousness to start the day. I appreciate this forum as the people in my real life wouldn't understand (or have much interest).
  • Congrats Allend, schenectady, and shrinkingsusie on your NSVs!