Anyone tried **********?

• I'm doing t25 and in the past I have done p90x. They preach ********** and I see reviews online praising the stuff but it's SO expensive!! I was just wondering if any "real" women have tried it here and is it all it's cracked up to be or am I just as far ahead with the $15 protein shake at wal mart?
  • I know two people who have done P90X and got great results. The first, a friend of mine, does it consistently and she looks amazing (she also eats healthy, stays active, and is somewhat obsessed with being and looking fit). She just started the new P90 workout DVDs that recently came out.

My cousin also tried P90X and lost a LOT of weight BUT he only did it for one cycle and went back to eating garbage. He's gained almost if not all of the weight back. I think the only way these DVDs work is if you're watching what you're eating and keep using them (or, after you're finished with them, find another way to keep active).

I have a set of P90 DVDs but I never stuck to it for longer than a week. It is a good workout and I like that you can modify the routine to suit your capabilities.
  • The shake you mentioned is in my humble opinion, nothing but hype. Take a good multivitamin and use a good meal replacement shake instead. It's not worth the HUGE price difference for the very minor difference in results you might see from using it versus another good meal replacement protein type shake. I'm not sure the $15 tub from walmart is giving you everything you need and isn't full of artificial stuff, so you might want to read the labels on that - but there are definitely things out there comparable to ********** that wont set you back nearly as much.

Plus I tried both the green and the chocolate and found them both DISGUSTING.
  • I've tried the BB shake- I actually am drinking it daily right now- but I'm mixed on it. Yes, it's supposed to be full of good-for-you stuff. And it tastes decent- I use the Vegan chocolate or Vegan strawberry flavors because I'm allergic to dairy so I can't have the regular flavors. That said, they don't tell you how much of the superfoods are in the shake, so it's hard to determine how truly healthy it is. The last round of P90X I did, with the shake as part of my program, my cholesterol dropped 80 points. But was it the exercise or the shake or both? I have no idea. I also question whether something can truly be that healthy when it's that highly processed. It's odd how BB preaches to stay away from processed food except for their highly processed shakes and recovery drinks and stuff. In any case, I still have a bag of it from when I subscribed before, so I'm drinking it up. I'll decide after that if I plan to continue with it or just get something off the shelf at the local health food market.
  • I totally had a brain fart, I'm sorry. (I should avoid posting before having my morning coffee.) I can't even see what you're asking but everyone I know just avoids the shakes. I never asked why though. They seemed more gimmicky to me than anything else
  • I know people have who have done it but haven't done it myself. I think the program is great for exercise, but it seems like the shakes and other stuff is just hype and you are better off finding something less expensive.