Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 part 3

You're on Page 32 of 34
Go to
  • Quote:
    Just placed my very first Nashua order - I decided to do some Syntrax samples instead of a whole jug of powder, since I know taste can be highly subjective. Hoping at least one tickles my fancy so I can get a whole jug!
    I got a sample of the Peanut Butter Cookie and LOVED it! Used it in a spinach shake. Delish!!
  • does anyone know if they ship to Canada?

thanks
  • Quote: does anyone know if they ship to Canada?

thanks
    They do but I think you end up paying duty and the shipping costs are high. Go to the canadian thread. There are two places in Ontario that I have found, Nourish Studios is the one they talk about there.
  • Quote: They do but I think you end up paying duty and the shipping costs are high. Go to the canadian thread. There are two places in Ontario that I have found, Nourish Studios is the one they talk about there.
    thank you I have ordered from Lowcarb Grocery I'll check the other site out also
  • Proti Diet on Sale!
    Nashua has 10% off this week on Proti Diet (one of my favorite brands)! Use CODE: PD10

Don't forget if you plan on ordering from Nashua Nutrition regularly, you can join the Lifetime Member Program (a secret program not advertised on the site!) You save 10% off on all purchases (including coupons and sales) forever!!

To join:
    * Place your order as normal
    * In the Comment box (bottom left) request to join the Lifetime Membership Program.
    * The cost is $30
    * You will NOT see anything change on the order page ... you will receive an email from them by the next day with a NEW invoice with the discount applied (they even discount the membership fee by 10%!)
    * After that, when you log in on the site, you will see a pop-up that reminds you of your Member status and the discount will automatically show up when you get your order total!
  • I was told alternatives wont work
    Hi all,
    im very new to this diet and I am starting to realize I cant afford all these packets. I asked my couch about alternatives and she said that alternatives will absolutely not work in phase 1. Is this true or is she just promoting packets?
  • Quote: Hi all,
    im very new to this diet and I am starting to realize I cant afford all these packets. I asked my couch about alternatives and she said that alternatives will absolutely not work in phase 1. Is this true or is she just promoting packets?
    Alternatives ABSOLUTELY WILL WORK in Phase 1... there are OODLES of IPers on here that prove her wrong.

However, it is her job to make sure you buy packets while you are at the clinic. That is the mainstay of their business, so of course they are going to tell you it can't be done with anything but the IP product . Actually, there are coaches who admit that alternatives will work and even a few who keep clients on who use them... but as would be expected - very few will do that.

You have probably been on long enough to understand the protocol, then you can come here for support, encouragement, etc. and weigh yourself at home.

GO to the second post in this thread and get the nutritional info on what to look for when selecting alternatives, then start reading all the posts in the thread to get ideas about what alternatives you want to try. Feel free to reach out with questions after you have explored the info here.

I use the Nashua Nutrition website to buy many alternative products. The brands I use most and seem to carry the most IP compatible items are: Proto Diet, Proti Thin, Weightloss Systems and HealthSmart. Most boxes of 7 packets seem to range around $12=15 for 7 packets on this site.

YOU GOT THIS!!!
  • Thank you so much, lt feels good to hear supportive and helpful words
  • rookie questions
    Hello,
    I was just reviewing the guidlines on how to choose an alternative. For unrestricted, the rulel is 9+ net carbs. Does this mean that there can be like 40 carbs? Or is there a max amount? Also, the guide says no aspartame, but my couch said crystal light is good to flavor water but only two servings a day. Crystal light has aspartame in it. Im confused
  • Quote: Hello,
    I was just reviewing the guidlines on how to choose an alternative. For unrestricted, the rulel is 9+ net carbs. Does this mean that there can be like 40 carbs? Or is there a max amount? Also, the guide says no aspartame, but my couch said crystal light is good to flavor water but only two servings a day. Crystal light has aspartame in it. Im confused

Here's a little more detail:
    Calories - 70 to160 (over is getting more restricted and most people won't go above 200ish).
    Fat - 30% or less calories from fat (take the number of calories from fat shown on the label and multiply it by three; result should not be over total calorie amount)
    Unrestricted - 8 or less carbs net (carbs minus fibers)
    Restricted - 9 to 16 net carbs
    Super Restricted - 17 to 18 net carbs (1-2 per week)
    Protein - 12 to 20

IP is very clear NO ASPARTAME (the body reacts to it/treats it like sugar). Perhaps the coach has chosen to alter the rules (we find some coaches are either poorly trained or decide to change things for unknown reasons.) Try Mio or 4C flavorings (the ones that are not enhanced for energy).
  • I know most of the IP products are Soy protein. I just bought some of the PureProtein shake mix and noticed that it is Whey protein. Does that make a difference at all?
  • Quote: I know most of the IP products are Soy protein. I just bought some of the PureProtein shake mix and noticed that it is Whey protein. Does that make a difference at all?
    No, whey protein is fine as long as the nutritional info (calories, net carbs, protein, etc.) is comparable to the IP info (and it doesn't contain aspartame). I use ON Gold Standard Natural Chocolate Whey Protein powder for my protein shake.
  • Quote: Hi all,
    They work just as well as IP brand products and many, in my opinion, taste better. I made the switch about a month ago and haven't seen a slow down at all in weight loss. This forum provides fabulous support and is a great wealth of knowledge. The folks on this forum are great people to run questions by and in most cases, provided me with better (and unbiased) information than my coach had to offer. Nashua Nutrition is a great place to order foods similar to IP brand and they deliver to your door!
  • Quote: Hello,
    Take the total carbs and subtract out the fiber. This will give you the net carb amount. The rule is 70-120 calories and 8 and under net carbs for unrestricted. Restricted is 200 and under calories and 9+ net carbs - I keep it at under 14 net carbs for restricted. You also want to keep the fat to 30% or under the total calories. No aspartame. I attached the list that I use to order products from Nashua - It has it all broken down...

• Murphy, thanks for that wonderful chart!