Egg Foo Young

• My mom used to eat this all the time with a generous portion of gravy on top when I was young. I don't know what made me think of this, but probably because of wanting to make something else for breakfast. Really, it's an evening meal, but I like it to get my veggies in in the am.

Original recipe here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Egg-Foo...e7=Home%20Page

3 teaspoonsvegetable oil, divided
    1 slicefresh ginger root, minced
    6green onions, chopped
    1 stalkcelery, sliced
    2 cupsbean sprouts
    2mushrooms, sliced
    1green bell pepper, chopped
    1/4 cupchopped cooked ham
    1 teaspoonsalt
    6eggs, beaten

1.Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute ginger, green onions, celery, bean sprouts, mushrooms, green pepper, ham and salt until vegetables are tender.
    2.In a large bowl combine beaten eggs and vegetable mixture.
    3.Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture to form a small omelet. Cook until golden brown on each side. Repeat with remaining egg mixture

My notes:
    **I used whatever veggies in proportions I want. I used canadian bacon, no green peppers, and didn't measure anything. I skipped the salt because of the soy sauce.
    **Today I made a big batch of premade veggies for the week, then scooped maybe a cup of veggies into the frying pan, and poured over 2 eggs beaten, with soy sauce added. Delish!
  • Tammy This sounds awesome and super easy! Stir fry veggies going on the list!