Richard Simmons?

• Is anyone here using the Richard Simmons plan? I bought the kit a few years ago and did pretty well and then life took over and I'm heavier than ever. I can't really afford a new plan like weight watchers - especially since the meetings are a 30 minute drive away and winter isn't kind.

I'm trying to find someone to do the plan with me but so far no takers... I thought the forums might be a good alternative.

Anyone using the system?
  • Hi,, I'm wanting to find Richard Simmons old book NEVER SAY DIET. I remember following the sweating to the oldies videos and reading that book. I can't afford to join his online group noww but maybe by summer i will
  • I believe there were some people on here a few months ago that were using his exercise DVD's. I haven't tried them, but they seem like they would be a fun way to exercise.
  • OOhh...Good ole Richard!! He was my very 1st diet and overall fitness guru back in the 80s, of his deal a meal and his videos!! His program works and just want to say best of luck...and success with his plan...You will shed and learn alot.. He is on twitter and facebook, that most people following him.Good luck with your efforts!!
  • Quote: I believe there were some people on here a few months ago that were using his exercise DVD's. I haven't tried them, but they seem like they would be a fun way to exercise.
    They are a fun way to exercise.
  • My dad did the Deal a Meal back in the 80s (but he wasnt honest about it and it didn't work).

I remember watching the old TV shows with my mother. They were a hoot, but I don't think the 10 minutes or so dedicated to exercising were worth it. His full-length exercise videos are probably a blast.
  • Quote: My dad did the Deal a Meal back in the 80s (but he wasnt honest about it and it didn't work).

I remember watching the old TV shows with my mother. They were a hoot, but I don't think the 10 minutes or so dedicated to exercising were worth it. His full-length exercise videos are probably a blast.
    I did Deal A Meal plus the exercise videos in 1996. I lost 27 pounds my first (and only) month.
  • Yes I am doing it. I enjoy his plan. You can eat anything. You just have to factor them in your plan with the windows. I was using his videos as well. I like them.
  • Retile women: Yes I did Richard Simmons Deal a Meal in 1993 I lost 119 pounds on his program and using his tapes.

Since then they have been changed a little bit to have more food. It is a great program I have been trying other programs but his seems to work the best for me.

His website is gonna be free very soon. They are still trying to figure it all out. It is very similar to this site.

I felt wonderful on that program.

I put weight on myself cause I got too full of myself and thought I could veer from program and started to binge and then it was all down hill from there.

Like any program you have to stock to it.

Give it a try.