New Years Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 32 of 33
Go to
  • SWEET - Great loss posted this week .. okee . C .. is that Carbs? or Chocolate? lol Nice to have you back

SILENT - No worries .. look .. you are still over 20 pounds down! That is brilliant ... Im sure its just a blip .. you have had an up before, and I hate to say it .. but it probably won't be the last when you are on a long journey So be proud of yourself and remember how far you have already come

SUNNY - HAPPY BIRTHDAY (belated lol) .. I hope it was a wonderful day for you and that you enjoyed it ... whats the point in having a birthday if you can't have at least that time to splurge on .. as with Silent you are still over 20 pounds lost so that is fantastic One week to go Im sure that will be adjusted again for the final weigh in

Had a full on day yesterday so didn't get online .. went to Starbucks at 730 to get my morning coffee and relax before work, then pretty much from when I got there at 9 it was full on until I finished at 730 last night .. then we had to go and get our shopping .. so a very late dinner .... unfortunately our shop flooded so we had to grab all the clothes in the area that was leaking so the shop looked like a mess lol .. but it was still a fun day .. weird I know So got to bed about midnight and omg my back and feet were killing me lol .. but my legs were fine Made me thankful to have lost all the weight I have already otherwise lord knows how I would have coped lol.

I got a free top from work (manager didn't want her free top offer so she said I could have it if I wanted it) .. AND I got my first ever pair of SKINNY JEANS!!! Size 18 admittedly, but considering before that I went for stretch jeans regardless of the size Im really happy. I didn't try them on .. figured if they didn't fit yet they will be my goal to get into .. so I squeezed them on this morning lol .. little snug at the hip and I had to undo the zip n button, but now they have fitted me well .. only I have to hike them up when I have been sitting down or bending lol .. definitely couldn't fit the 16 though, so will be happy with these for the next little while .. couldn't resist them .. they have bling down the leg and on the butt pockets lol .. love sparkly lol.

Better get going .. will check in again later .. keep well all
  • Katt skinny jeans for the new skinny you. I spent so much time window shopping in your store yesterday that I forgot to post. Love the black lace dress. Love the May Day May Day title. You bet I will be back!
    Happy Birthday Sunny!
    Good work everyone!
  • UBEE ... you think you get distracted on the website lol .. I spend a lot of my time ogling the darn things in person lol .... I have an ever growing pile of clothes out in the staff holds hehehe ... but Im trying to think of what I can build on in my own wardrobe so that I don't need as many but it still allows a big change of wardrobe That dress is one of my faves .. there is also one with black lace up the top and then sort of lines of pleated material at the bottom, but its sleeveless and I prefer to keep my arms covered .. also have a beautiful purple/blue one with the same sort of pleating, and when its on it nicely hides some of the lumps and bumps lol.

Sooooo ... gone up a little this week I think .. but as long as I have lost 15 pounds this challenge I will be happy with the result lol. No Easter Eggs in our house this weekend .. just a few mini chocolate bars and some cupcakes I made lol .. ah well .. Im going to restart with the MayDay challenge so will just enjoy the last few days of this one Also gives me a chance to chillax for the next week, indulge if I feel the need then get back on track
    I hope everyone else is having a good Easter Weekend .. any plans for anyone?? Don't know if I expect any answers this weekend though so if you are back after Easter, what did you get up to?
  • Good Morning all (tho afternoon/evening for some!) Good Friday to those of you who observe that and Happy Passover to those of you who observe that tradition!

Kat... No big plans for me for Easter... I was invited (sorta) to my parents friends house for dinner.. but I think I will spend the day planting my new plants I received yesterday (raining Friday and Sat at my house) and just enjoy the blessings of my life!

I hope everyone has a truly wonderful day!
  • I'll be having a big on plan meal at our house. I will be trying not to eat the kids candy...
    Katt is it a big store you work at or is a lot of it on line?
    Wana I love my garden when I can dream of it in the winter. When it comes to all the work I'm not such a big fan. Picking the harvest is pretty fab though!
  • What is the MayDay challenge?
  • WANNA - Sounds like a lovely relaxing plan, we have crappy weather for our Easter (which really isn't that unusual lol) but its still mild temp-wise and people do tend to do gardening this weekend if the weather co-operates

UBEE - Its the biggest store in Wellington .. nothing like some of the stores over your way though lol .. but big for NZ lol The online is really a connection between Australia & NZ more than anything I think .. but I think its in other countries too. Its part of a group of stores (Katies, Millers, City Chic, Crossroads, Autograph and another couple I think) ... all of them are clothing ones I think.

WATCH - Its the new challenge that will be starting week after next (May 5th) so there will be a little break between this one and the next one Hope to see you join in for that one too You have done a fantastic job on this one

Went and got a little shopping today (shops open) so I can make a Chicken/Corn soup for dinner .. thinking of making some Sour Dough rolls as well, but jury is out on that one lol. I did make some Chocolate/Coconut cupcakes day before yesterday and unfortunately I like the darn things!! So yip ... can't see a loss this week but as I said I am ok about how I have done on this challenge .. not the 50+ pounds I did on the last one, but something more realistic for a slow and steady reshape (as it were).
    Just got back, heated up a few hot cross buns for my hunny and made us both a coffee and now watching a rerun of Matlock so will head back to that and catch up with y'all later
  • i will definitely be joining in the next challenge!

I went to Walmart today and decided to peruse the junior section. I decided to try on some things. This dress was a size 15/17! I don't care if it was vanity sizing or not. I tried on jeans and shorts that were a size 18 and they fit! I didn't have time to try on the shirts. I've wanted to fit in juniors for so long now that it's an actual option I'm not really sure how to handle it. I really wish I could have purchased the dress but I didn't have any money. But all in due time.
  • WATCH! Good for you!!!!

NightKatt.... I am not gonna make this last weeks weigh in ... as I have had 3 days of bad eating. Funny how 1 little thing just does me in and then lets the other little things pile on top LOL... I am in for starting May 5 (my 56th Birthday by the way! LOL)

I hope that everyone has as good of a day that Watchout did (with the new smaller sized clothes!) after this challenge! (Me too.. I can wear a Large now - tops only.. not bottoms.. working on that!)
  • Katt is your life as cozy as it sounds? I love cozy.
    Watchout looking good! At the rate you are losing you will be needing a smaller size soon so save your money.
    Wana I can so relate to the snowball effect. I read that one cookie can have 10,000 calories because it always leads to more.
    I've decided for the next challenge I'm not going to post my weight until the last week because I am a superstitious weirdo!
    OK I am getting excited like last time! Hopefully life and my brain will cooperate.
  • WATCH - That dress looks incredible with you in it Keep up the great work but don't get carried away with new clothes .. the way you are going the darn things will be baggy on you sooner than later and then you don't get the wear out of em lol

WANNA - Hey no prob .. I am leaving my last weigh in for this challenge until my birthday as I had a specific goal to reach by then and don't want to jinx it by weighing in before it in case its close and I get lax lol .. but will be happy either way And wahoo on birthday start .. its always good to have a specific event to look at when you look back

UBEE - Heck no lol ... my life is a roller coaster, but I made a conscious choice years ago that it will be the positives I will keep and, regardless of how tight the hold of the negative moments may be, I will rubbish them. Definitely learnt that every day I wake up with the gift of choice, and what I do with that choice will decide on my day and my life Not saying it doesn't have its cosy moments lol .. but those moments are what gets me through the roller coaster

My daughter posted on my FB weight loss page her update .. she has lost 41kg since she started her journey .. she reckons she has about 10-20 to go to where she will be happy and Im so proud of her .. she has had a lot of bad times over the last year so for her to achieve this just makes me in awe of her Im down a total of 52kg since I started .. but then I had more than her lol ... and I still have more than her to go ... but she definitely makes it challenging
  • I get what y'all are saying but it's easier said than done. Going in the store and being able to fit things I actually want to wear and not buying them has become increasingly difficult. But I am going to buy a couple dresses because I love them and I want to be cute this summer! But I won't get too carried away.
  • START WEIGHT:322lbs
    GOAL WEIGHT: 292lbs
    TOTAL TO LOSE:30lbs

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 322lbs
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 319
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 317
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 319.4
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 310
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 314
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 312.8
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02: 308.8
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09: 304
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16: 306
    Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23: 306
    Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30: 306
    Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06: 305
    Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13: 298
    Week 15 - APR 14 - APR 20: 302
    Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27: 305
  • START WEIGHT: 277.4
    GOAL WEIGHT: 245 MET!!!!
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 32.4

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 277.4 (START)
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 271.2 (-6.2)
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 270.8 (-.4) TOM
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 268.2 (-2.6)
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 262.8 (-5.4)
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 257.4 (-5.4)
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 257.8 (+.4) TOM
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02: 254.2 (-3.6)
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09: 249.2 (-5)
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16: 247 (-2.2)
    Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23: 245 (-2) TOM
    Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30: 241.8 (-3.2)
    Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06: 239.2 (2-6)
    Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13: 239.8 (+.6) TOM
    Week 15 - APR 14 - APR 20: 235.6 (-4.2)
    Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27: 232.8 (-2.8)

I didn't meet my extended goal of 225 but that was reaching. So a victory is a victory. We all did the best we could and that's what really counts! Keep it up.
  • Watchout you are really working that IP! You have had an amazing victory!
    Silent 17 pounds down! WTG!
    Katt that is great news about your daughter. It is so hard watching our kids struggle with weight issues.