A success and then a failure.

• Ive been doing low carb since mid october and have been having such trouble with the scale moving but i am still losing inches. so for like 3 weeks the scale was stuck at 210 sooo frustrating. So the week before christmas was filled with lots of wine and beer and then two cheat days for x mas eve and x mas day (which gave me horrible stomach ache) so I was not weighing myself as to not get frustrated. So now on New Year's Day I jumped on the brand new scale my mom got me for x mas and I'm finally down to 206.2!!! I'm so happy! Even with all the drinking and cheat days but bad news is I must have let that get to my head and while I was eating chicken my boyfriend ordered garlic knots and French fries and I woke up last night and ate a garlic knot and a handful of fries.... Wtf!!! Moment of weakness I guess....please tell me I'm not terrible for eating that knot... I'm so close to onederland!!!!
  • You are not terrible for eating that knot...

We all have our moments. What is important is what we do in the long haul.

Learn from it and move on. You are really doing great.
  • Don't moralize food - an off plan food choice is not a character defect. It won't get you closer to your goal but that's it. You're not weak, stupid, lazy, or a failure because of anything you do or don't eat. Period.
  • OK so you ate the garlic knot...done deal. Don't let that take away your joy for what you have accomplished, the next time you are around something tempting remember "you are so close to onderland and you're going to get there" and have something that is allowed on your plan.

We all have our moments. Live thru it, learn from it and keep going! Congrats on loss!!!
  • Unless you ate a baby or a kitten, you are not "terrible" for eating something.
  • Ditto on the moralizing food.

I would be very careful, though, about drawing any conclusions about the impact of the food you ate. You didn't weigh for a few weeks, it sounds like, then weighed on a brand new scale. I would celebrate being seven pounds from Onederland, then look at this as a brand-new start. You may or may not have gained weight from the way you ate over Christmas and New Year. It doesn't really matter. I just worry that you'll conclude that your "cheat days" blasted you off a plateau. Realistically, you may weigh exactly what you weighed the last time you stepped on a scale, or you might weigh more than the last time. All you know is that your current scale weighs you lighter.

BTW - I am not arguing over weight loss strategies here. Some people swear by cheat days ("refeed days) and others by calorie cycling. I'm just suggesting that you don't have sufficient data to draw any conclusions about the impact your eating had on your weight.

Also - congrats on being so close to Onederland! It will be a tremendous feeling when you step on the scale and see a "1" as the first number.
  • re:
    A garlic knot and a handful of fries probably ran you about 600 calories. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

199 will come if you keep on going. It's a stubborn number though, don't give up.