October Newbies 2013- New Year, New healthy body!

You're on Page 6 of 27
Go to
  • Dlr9774- sounds like a great birthday cake.

Luccilove- thanks, I am staying home. Rested all day, except for making some chicken veggie soup. Added curry and ginger to loosen things up to no avail! Drinking tons of water too. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.
  • Good Morning: woke up feeling slightly better, I'll take it!

So what has everyone been eating? Any new recipes?
  • "Before getting pregnant the longest I ever did Phase 1 after my first round was 3 days (I was offically in maintenance for 1 year and four months, HOWEVER I hadn't moved outside of 10 lbs for more than that). The 3 days was was after a trip to Scotland (started when the wheels hit the ground). The only reason I went 3 is because I expected to do a week and didn't have the right food in my house to go back to a balanced diet.

You are never done EVER. You will forever gain and loose 5-7-10 lbs. When I hit maintenance I did a lot of research on maintaining. I will forever need to eat 20% less and workout 20% more then someone my exact same size who has never been overweight. The quicker I accepted that I couldn't change that reality the easier my life became.

Being over weight is hard.
    Losing weight is hard.
    Maintenance is hard.

Choose your hard."

This was on another thread posted by Ishbel but I thought it was a powerful statement.
  • Hi Everyone, hope you have a good week. I posted my progress photos on the before/after board, but here they are in case you only use this one. According to my home scale, I'm down to 210.8. I think I'm back in Ketosis after suffering with the side effects off cheating all weekend.
  • Quote: Good Morning: woke up feeling slightly better, I'll take it!

So what has everyone been eating? Any new recipes?
    Glad you're feeling a little better! Good thing you're inside where it's warm and safe.

I'm going to try some new recipes this week. Your clinic had some great recipes on Pinterest that I'd like to try. I'm bored with chicken and broccoli or cauliflower, so I need to make it more interesting so that I stay OP.
  • Well 1 workout down, many more to go!! I walked for 30min and did some light weights for about 20min, felt really good to do something and get moving.

Slipfree, thanks for copying the quote over. Really something to think about.

"You are never done EVER. You will forever gain and loose 5-7-10 lbs. When I hit maintenance I did a lot of research on maintaining. I will forever need to eat 20% less and workout 20% more then someone my exact same size who has never been overweight. The quicker I accepted that I couldn't change that reality the easier my life became."
    This really struck something with me, I even wrote it down for later. I have lost weight before and then I would ALWAYS go back to old eating habits, and we all no where that got me. I think this time I realize that going back to my old ways is not an option if I want to keep the weight off. I like knowing that I can always go back to P1 to lose a few pounds quickly, IF I need to, at least I have a plan. But for now it is one day, one pound at a time.
  • Yay Kooky, you look marvelous! Glad you posted them
  • Quote: Yay Kooky, you look marvelous! Glad you posted them
    Thanks! When you feel better, I'd love to see your progress.

Any other October Newbies post your progress photos, so we can be encouraged by each other's success!
  • Want2be, I had a conversation with my Mom about this yesterday. A real long term commitment to keeping the weight off. I am still focused on getting to my goal but I have realized (from reading a lot of 3FC!) that this is a forever journey, not just a final goal weight destination. Ishbel's comment just summed up what I have been thinking:"Being over weight is hard. Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Choose your hard." I need this time to change my focus, lean into the process and do the work. I want to lay the foundation-now for maintenance: cooking and new recipes, toning with weights, reading and gaining information and insight from veterans and being honest with my emotions.

All of this is easier with your help, Thanks!
  • Had my WI - lost a little over 4lbs. So I am only 1lb over since being back from the cruise. I am very happy with this as I have been on P1 only 5 days. I am more motivated now that I am back on track. By next Monday I should be back in ketosis and back on track again losing weight.

Also met with Cardiologist (IP is run from his office, u have to meet him 1x every 3months for check ups). He thinks I am doing great and said not to worry about the 5 lb gain from the cruise. He also said not to stress out about big events bdays, anniversaries etc. If I want to try or have a bite of cake have it - get it out of your system and next day get back on track. He said it is bad when people have 30 bites or end up gaining 25lbs vs 5lbs. He is a really nice Dr and very down to earth.

I tried celery root last night - I did mash and pureed. It is just like cauliflower when you make it a mash but heavier and more of a taste. Just wanted to try something different. It was very filling - 2 cups!

Slipfree--glad to hear u are feeling better

KookySuki-Looking good!
  • Luccilove- Glad the WI went so well. Your Dr. sounds very supportive. Have not made celery root, maybe I will try it. I need to make those Kale chips again too,they were yummy.

Made everything but the kitchen sink chicken soup for dinner tonight: cabbage, spinach, mushrooms, cauliflower, okra, ginger, and curry.

I can actually breath through my nose again! First time since Thursday.

Hey, I am missing some of the Newbies. How are you doing: Airportchick, Jemma, Emsmom, Jig, Claustin, Wantanewme, Calgaryjetgirl, Wine4me, Iwanabe140, Watchoutforthatcar, Kelsey, Mvngmntns13, and Tingstar? Just wanted to give a shout out, if you are reading.
  • I'm here. But reading and keeping up with everyone. After I put on quite a bit of weight going off plan from being sick, I'm back on the wagon. It's also helpful that all my out of town family and friends have left. It was great seeing them, but it's much easier to stay on plan without the distractions. Hopefully I'm back down to my pre-sickness weight by my Friday morning weigh in. Going through the getting back on plan nausea and headaches. Looking forward to getting back on track and reaching my first big goal of getting below 300!
  • Yay Jig! Nice to see you. Hope the side effects diminish quickly. Life OP is definitely easier without the holidays.
  • Quote: "Before getting pregnant the longest I ever did Phase 1 after my first round was 3 days (I was offically in maintenance for 1 year and four months, HOWEVER I hadn't moved outside of 10 lbs for more than that). The 3 days was was after a trip to Scotland (started when the wheels hit the ground). The only reason I went 3 is because I expected to do a week and didn't have the right food in my house to go back to a balanced diet.

You are never done EVER. You will forever gain and loose 5-7-10 lbs. When I hit maintenance I did a lot of research on maintaining. I will forever need to eat 20% less and workout 20% more then someone my exact same size who has never been overweight. The quicker I accepted that I couldn't change that reality the easier my life became.

Being over weight is hard.
    Losing weight is hard.
    Maintenance is hard.

Choose your hard."

This was on another thread posted by Ishbel but I thought it was a powerful statement.
    Wow. Thanks for posting this.
  • Kooky, love the prgress pics, you can tell lots of changes are happening! Keep it up!

Luccilove, great way in! You will lose all the cruise lbs by next week.

Slipfree, glad you are feeling better.

Jig, holidays are hard for me too. Glad they are over!! Just think by next year we will be maintaining!!