Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - January 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 4 of 35
Go to
  • I am really really tired again tonight and I don't know why

I went to the gym this morning and did 2/3 of my normal workout....doing 2 sets of each machine instead of 3 so shortened it a bit...I was busy and didn't eat much until much later in the day...and even then wasn't too much...my teenager came home today and I ran some errands...nothing much else and I still feel awfully exhausted
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1475 +
    Weigh In: 168.8
    Down: .4

Have a great day!
  • Good morning all!

Feeling good, down 0.5 lbs, feeling the exercise, but in a good way.

Diana DH and I are doing the weight loss challenge together and when we can walk/hike together, but he does his work out and I do mine. This program I'm doing is one of those things I've started a few times and never get all the way to 12 weeks, so I'm making that my goal, kind of like I did with the C25K, just want to see if if can do it, then transition into (hopefully by then) some type of maintenance program. And hopefully by then the weather will be nice enough again to do most of my cardio outside!

Best to all
  • Alas, all good things must end. My weight today is the same as yesterday 278 lbs. The whoosh is over but the good news was there was no bounce back.

Yesterday "1/3/2014" Food

1,121 calories - daily goal is 1,650
    158 carbs - daily goal is 227
    26 fat - daily goal is 55
    72 protein - daily goal is 62
    1,945 sodium - daily goal is 2,500
    26 fiber - daily goal is 29

Alaskan Hope you are feeling better by now. I had a Summer Cold/flu? that stayed with me a whole month this year.

kelijpa Thanks for the encouragement and congrats on the 1/2 pound loss.

Syckgirlsfv The fish eaters among us, me included, will be easy to find in the dark after Fukushima.

IanG Congrats on the 1.6lbs. My cardiologist says I need to be careful with the water. Too much and I will be in the hospital or worse.

Diana Thanks for your support. My DW is rapidly becoming immobile due to severe arthritis in her knees. The orthpedic surgeons we have seen all say she needs total knee replacements but none of them will do the surgery due to the fact that she is allergic to ALL of the pain medications needed post surgery.

Misha I got a big smile visualizing you throwing the smoothie down the sink after tasting it.
  • SO bloated! I wish stupid TOM would start already because I feel like a waterbed.

Another 8-10" of snow coming on top of the 10" we already have and then temps are going to drop to -50. Never in my life..

I had to run errands all day before the snow started so no gym for me. *sigh* I will try for Jillian but I'm still very sore.
  • Thanks Larry H. You are doing awesome on meeting your targets by the way! Well done. My father-in-law was diagnosed with heart failure when he came to stay with us (a 2 week visit, turned into a 2.5 month hospital stay). So I am well-versed with the evils of too much water. I hope you are well. My advice for a healthy heart is it consume a lot of oily fish. I do and I have benefitted enormously. It sounds like you enjoy fish too .

Anyway up 0.2lbs today to 165.6lbs.

I have had a crazy day. I had to take the kids to a birthday party and do grocery shopping. Added to that I tried to fit in a workout. So the bottom line is I did not have time to eat my usual so I turned the day into a big cut. I also did a hyrbid workout today where I combined running with weight training. I do not like to do that (I like to do both some days but with a few hours rest in between). But, today, no time. But because of the limited food I am looking for a loss tomorrow.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats with 1 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Sardines. Kippers.

Lunch: Kippers. Crab. Yep, that was it!

Dinner: Beer (Clown Shoes Galactica).

Exercise: Did 1 hour weight training followed immediately by a 5k run.
  • Ate really well (good) today in the beginning ~ coffee with cream, bacon, hot dog without the bun (at mercy of vendors during son's track event) and had nuts for a snack.

Didn't eat until stomach literally talked to me. Then got Chinese for family and teenage friends coming in and out. Ate mostly beef and broccoli or chicken.

Will bust out the Nutri-Bullet tomorrow. It is time!!
  • I sort of painted myself into a corner with today's food choices. I am way too low on calories, only 810.

I am not hungry at all but I know I should eat at least 1,2.00 calories each day for proper nutrition. Sodium is my problem, at 2,146 I am very close to my daily limit. Experience has shown me that I don't fare well with too much sodium. My cardiologist calls me very sodium sensitive. I retain water like crazy and that is not good for my heart.

I have decided my heart trumps everything else so I am going to leave well enough alone and not eat anything more today. I will watch my sodium closer tomorrow. The problem stemmed from eating Progresso Light Chicken and Dumpling soup today. It is evident that I need to start cooking my own low sodium soups and quit using most canned soups.

Today "1/4/2014" Food

810 calories - daily goal is 1,650
    109 carbs - daily goal is 227
    10 fat - daily goal is 55
    46 protein - daily goal is 62
    2,146 sodium - daily goal is 2,500
    22 fiber - daily goal is 29
  • Hi Everyone!

We just got home. I have been in and out of the office all week. I have been working on closing out my monthly books. I put our mail (business) on hold with the idea that I would pick it up while we were closed. Every time I went in to get it they told me that it was not there. Hmm, well where is it? I am hoping the delivery person took it with them to deliver every day. So frustrating to request something to be done and they don't do it correctly. I wasted so much time waiting in line and on top of that I haven't been able to start on my A/P's. I told DH that we will not take any more time off until he installs a mailbox on the building. At least they can deliver the mail to the box and I will be able to get it out. We have never had this problem before.

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
    spritz oil in pan
    egg 70 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 calories
    Vegetable of choice
    1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
    Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
    1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
    juice 75 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch 350 Calories
    Artisan Bistro Salmon dinner 280 calories
    roasted cauliflower 70 calories

I am starving snack! 100 calories
    raw sugar snap peas 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)

6 very small grilled chicken tenderloins 250 calories
    3 servings turnip greens 300 calories
    corn muffin top 100 calories

Exercise:
    KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/#8's & #10's
    TF Hiit 15
  • I am very short-changed on sleep today and did not go to the gym...im also still recovering from being sick and don't want to press it...I have an extremely busy week coming up starting Monday...I did some stuff around the house and made venison stew for dinner....im exhausted but I made almost entirely good food choices today....
  • Hi! Just a quick check-in. I ate 1,850 calories. Splurges.

I did STS Meso 1 - Week 1 - Workout 3 - Legs.
  • Stayed the same at weigh-in

Yesterday was pizza day, we actually managed to make two meals out of it, used to eat the whole thing at the restaurant yikes

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Letting Go and Completing Your Day from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
    Weigh In: 168
    Down: .8

Have a great day!
  • Doing a juice/veg day to kick start the program. Had a 100 cal. Hot chocolate after a really tough 3 mile hike on snowshoes w/DH,can't tell you how blessed I feel to have a nice warm house to be in, you could feel the temperature dropping as we were coming back.

Best to all

Diana love the description of your snack, great choice under those circumstances, it would be so easy to grab something less healthy when you're starving.
  • im feeling back to normal today and went for a full weight workout today....I felt weak still and not at my normal strength but I completed it...it felt like it took a much longer time to finish my workout but when I looked at the clock, it hadn't taken any more time...but it FELT so much longer than I almost thought the clocks were wrong lol

I need a shower and to run errands and do laundry today....I go back to work tomorrow ughhhhh....staring down the barrel of a long, stressful, busy time now going into the second half of the school year, spring break and summer which all are much much busier than they sound