Old 01-22-2014, 08:54 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Day 21 of my reboot. I said this earlier in my reboot but I will mention it again. When I lost my 30 pounds in 2010 I never ate restricted. I have tried rebooting since then without any success but I was having 1 restricted bar every day. This time around I am not eating restricted and for some reason the weight is coming off and it seems easier. I know it does not affect some people eating restricted but for me I do think it affected my success. Have a 100% IP day.
I tried that for a couple of days and I was so light headed and grumpy.
I can't do it. I am starved by the end of the day. The restricted I think gives me the energy I need in the afternoons. Otherwise I'm zonked.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:56 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by trynagn View Post
A little disappointted at today's weigh in. Only one pound again. My coach and I decided I can go 100% IP now (and cut out the daily fruit portion) so I'm hoping for better results. Can't wait to see the results like last time! Good luck to all rebooters this week!

I found the second time is always harder. It's like your body is use to it and remembers what you did to it the second time and punishes you for doing it
Not sure, but were you on the diabetic plan where you were allowed fruits? what kind of fruit were you eating?
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:03 AM   #438  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! I'm back from my trip! It was tons of fun, but basically impossible to stay on plan. They had next to no salad other than plain iceberg lettuce and soggy cucumbers, and only once did they ever have a plain chicken breast, but even then it was pretty pink inside. Oh well!

I'm back but unsure I have the motivation right now to get back on plan. I don't want to waste product so might try doing alternatives for a bit until I'm in the right mindframe to use the expensive IP products. My fiance heads out of town on Monday for a few weeks, so thinking Monday would be a good day to get back on plan 100%.

Congrats to everyone else! Sounds like everyone is doing great this time around!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Hullo I Peeps!

It's day 9 for me and I'm down 6 lbs so far. I was disappointed with this morning's weigh in, but TOM so... I'll deal.
Susanne, swimcoach, and workingit -- Woo Hoo on your losses! You give me motivation that I CAN succeed the 2nd time around. (but, I'll admit I'm finding it tougher)

I had a tough day Tuesday. After a long weekend, over which I had made and frozen individual servings of IP friendly soups for lunch, I brought one to work. I left it on the counter to defrost. When I got to lunch..... someone had THROWN IT AWAY!!! After much investigation, they said they thought they had seen it there from last week and were just trying to clean up the break room.
Seriously?!? I get that it was accidental, but I was so upset. It's not like the school cafeteria carries anything at all that I could have without going off plan. So.... I had my afternoon snack (dill zippers) and ate dinner early. I think the fact that I'm crampy, bloated and have a sore throat all played into it. Not to mention I lost my cell phone (turned up in the parking lot, had falled out of my bag.) All in all - Tuesday was a perfectly horrible day!

Oh well, time to pull up those boot straps and plant a smile on my face. Today is a new day.

Last edited by Dakin; 01-23-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:41 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 235/180 (start IP)/TICKER/145

Height: 5"5

Default Reboot/ starting over Today!

I did IP (alternatives) back in June and lost 15 lbs and then had a GREAT deal of stress thrown my way along with some more thyroid issues. I have been bad ever since. I gained all of my weight back until I was informed about this stuff called Plexus. I tried it and was IN LOVE!!! I am going to start IP back but this time with Plexus on board to help give me some self control back. I cant wait to see how this journey goes now that I have my Plexus! Plus Plexus makes a vanilla and chocolate individually packaged shake thats only 96 calories, 2 carbs, 0 fat and its DELICIOUS!! I burnt myself out on the EAS Advantedge shakes on my last go round with IP so this is a great alternative and waaaayyy tastier.
hlfoster9290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:47 PM   #441  
IP Restart Date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 257.4/195.6/197

Height: 5'8"

I am a little disappointed at myself this week, I had a glass of champagne at a friends wedding over the weekend (peer pressure) and at my weigh in only 1 pound down Well, back in the saddle I go and 100%OP
tbc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #442  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlfoster9290 View Post
I did IP (alternatives) back in June and lost 15 lbs and then had a GREAT deal of stress thrown my way along with some more thyroid issues. I have been bad ever since. I gained all of my weight back until I was informed about this stuff called Plexus. I tried it and was IN LOVE!!! I am going to start IP back but this time with Plexus on board to help give me some self control back. I cant wait to see how this journey goes now that I have my Plexus! Plus Plexus makes a vanilla and chocolate individually packaged shake thats only 96 calories, 2 carbs, 0 fat and its DELICIOUS!! I burnt myself out on the EAS Advantedge shakes on my last go round with IP so this is a great alternative and waaaayyy tastier.
Congrats on starting back! I'd caution you against using Plexus as an alternative and replacing one of your packets (EAS) with it as I looked up the nutrition and saw that it contains no protein. I'd never heard of it until your post and Googled it and it doesn't appear to be IP friendly, IMO. You NEED that protein so you don't lose muscle mass. It also helps fight hunger for longer. Good luck in your weightloss.
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #443  

S/C/G: 220 / 198 / 155

Height: 5' 2"

Default My first reboot weigh-in

Hey everyone! Wednesday morning I had my first weigh-in after my first week back on Phase 1. The results were not as good as I hoped, but certainly going the right direction. I lost 2 pounds and 2 inches.

Somedays it is tough to get in all of the veggies. And I HATE taking pills. So I keep missing some of the supplements.

Hopefully, next Wednesday morning will be even better.
Daily Bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:29 PM   #444  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc85 View Post
I am a little disappointed at myself this week, I had a glass of champagne at a friends wedding over the weekend (peer pressure) and at my weigh in only 1 pound down Well, back in the saddle I go and 100%OP
Good for you for getting right back in the saddle. Long term, that's as important a skill to master as being OP, imho.

Last edited by mars735; 01-23-2014 at 07:29 PM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #445  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the positive words Sunflower. I had surgery to remove my thyroid and 40 lymph nodes in November so my coach wanted to start me off slowly and ease into ketosis. But I'm off and running now (on IP) and ready for ketosis to kick in!
trynagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:22 AM   #446  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

Happy Friday, IP peeps!

True confession time: I went to happy hour with some friends from work last Friday night and had a glass of beer and a salad. They had invited me to several get-togethers and I was tired of always saying "no". I planned ahead of time one beer and a salad with lean protein and it all went as planned until someone at the table ordered a tray of crunchy no-no's (chips, pretzels, etc.). I had a whole bunch of those evil things. So, when I had my weigh-in 5 days later, I was up 0.4 lbs but had still managed to burn some fat. I was also PMS, so I know I was retaining water because of that.

I think where I went wrong was having the beer, which reduces inhibitions and always makes my hungry. The other mistake I made was eating that first chip. I know that I'm much better off if I don't eat that first bite of something off-plan. It's so much harder to stop once I've started. I will try harder to remember that the next time I'm in that kind of situation.

Needless to say, I won't be going to happy hour again anytime real soon. I figured I'd have a small gain and I'm relieved that it wasn't more. Since then, I've been working hard and TOM finally came, so I am hoping for a good loss next week.

Hope everyone is staying warm and having a great day...

Karen
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #447  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenfromtexas View Post
Happy Friday, IP peeps!

True confession time: I went to happy hour with some friends from work last Friday night and had a glass of beer and a salad. They had invited me to several get-togethers and I was tired of always saying "no". I planned ahead of time one beer and a salad with lean protein and it all went as planned until someone at the table ordered a tray of crunchy no-no's (chips, pretzels, etc.). I had a whole bunch of those evil things. So, when I had my weigh-in 5 days later, I was up 0.4 lbs but had still managed to burn some fat. I was also PMS, so I know I was retaining water because of that.

I think where I went wrong was having the beer, which reduces inhibitions and always makes my hungry. The other mistake I made was eating that first chip. I know that I'm much better off if I don't eat that first bite of something off-plan. It's so much harder to stop once I've started. I will try harder to remember that the next time I'm in that kind of situation.

Needless to say, I won't be going to happy hour again anytime real soon. I figured I'd have a small gain and I'm relieved that it wasn't more. Since then, I've been working hard and TOM finally came, so I am hoping for a good loss next week.

Hope everyone is staying warm and having a great day...

Karen
Great that you got back OP and figured out a plan going forward! I've had the same experience with alcohol. There is a book that describes very convincingly why that first bite of forbidden food can be so derailing, and why being on a rigorous diet protocol can make us more at risk for overdoing it. Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen. (Thanks Maile!)
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #448  

Hi!! I am new to this site. I tried to start the IP program in April of last year. I never stuck to it more than a week. I restarted 1/2/14. I am feeling really good about it this time. Down 8 pounds so far with many more to go. I have PCOS and my OB-GYN said this was a good plan for people struggling with this...

May I ask you guys about your coaches? Have you ever talked to them about when you mess up a bit? I have always been all or nothing...if I eat 1 chip I figure why not eat the rest of the bag since I already messed up. Then for the next meal why not have a pizza. I am trying really hard to stop doing this. Yesterday I talked to my coach about it and she said "1 Bite, Lick, or Taste kicks you out of Ketosis for 3 days" Is this true?? I understand being in Ketosis is the goal of this plan, but you can loss weight without being in Ketosis....I just didn't feel like she was very supportive. She also said if I am not 100% comitted that I am just wasting my money.
ged630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #449  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

After regaining 40 pounds over 3 years (I didn't follow maintenance...I was exercising and eating like others around me because I wanted to feel "normal")...I decided to do an experiment... I started counting carbs...lowering them each day little by little until I stopped gaining weight. What I discovered is that if I eat more than 50 carbs each day my body gains weight.

I am am eating 20 carbs a day (with some IP products and no coach) and exercise 4 times a week. I am in ketosis and losing slowly. I am on day 4 and have lost 1 pound. I like the fact that I have accepted my "carb allergy" ... I think I've known this for 25 years but hated the truth. I am getting used to my newfound acceptance and it feels good to be gradually losing weight. Actually -- I feel FANTASTIC! That might be the ketosis talking (Hee Hee) but it really does feel good to be on track!
amyniagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #450  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged630 View Post
Yesterday I talked to my coach about it and she said "1 Bite, Lick, or Taste kicks you out of Ketosis for 3 days" Is this true?? I understand being in Ketosis is the goal of this plan, but you can loss weight without being in Ketosis....I just didn't feel like she was very supportive. She also said if I am not 100% comitted that I am just wasting my money.
Congrats on coming back to IP and on your weight loss! Your question is a good one...I don't have a coach right now but I worked with my coach and got to my goal weight.

My coach advised me to not cheat AT ALL because it is mentally exhausting to resist committing to the diet...and defeats the point of fully relaxing into the program...it is so much work to get into ketosis...no, cheating a tiny bit won't kick you completely out but it will lower your ketosis levels and will definitely slow your weight loss and your coach knows that this can make everything harder.

My coach told me that I could add more olive oil and coconut oil...she told me that fat doesn't make us fat and this made me enjoy the diet a LOT more because roasted veggies were tastier and salads were better too. The way to feel like you are indulging is to start using IP recipes and have fun with them...when you let yourself enjoy IP others will think you are a superstar and you will lose lose lose!
amyniagara is offline   Reply With Quote