Daily check in: were you under your calories today??

You're on Page 27 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: 2/18: 1,371/2000
    Thanks for the welcome back! When ever I have a bad cold I crave food. My DH is the same way. I think I eat double when I am sick. Is anyone else like this or are we just odd?
    If I have a bad cold I seem to want to eat more food. I've just recently gotten over a long chestcold type illness and I noticed I felt hungrier then usual. It was similiar to the same hunger feeling I have when I am pms-ing or menstruating.
  • 2/19: 1,488/2000
    A great day today. Even got out and did a few laps walking the driveway!
  • weighed in this morning at 180.6lbs so I have pretty much maintained for the last 5 days or so which is good as I wasn't counting calories.
    Back to my journal today keeping track of everything passing my lips!
    Feels good to be in control
    Have a great Thursday everyone! The weekend is near!
    K x
  • Well, I had a brief moment of weight loss happiness yesterday, so naturally, my scale decided to put things aright and reward me with a 4lb gain for the day. I am concerned that there might be an end to my patience, and I worry about the consequences. Hiding all matches and knives today. (JOKING! people!)

865cals yesterday. I didn't have time to prepare a lunch yesterday, so I went over to the workplace dive, but was too late for the salad bar. I managed to find a veggie snack, seaweed salad (Y.U.C.K.), and an apple. Didja notice the absence of pizza and chicken sandwich from that list, hmmm??
  • I was over my cals by about 20 yesterday. My weight hasn't budged, other than a half pound up, then down, in the past 3 weeks, but I am pretty sure it is because I have been slacking with the calorie tracking and was off my game as far as exercise goes for a bit due to bad weather.
  • 1185 Calories for yesterday. I also did 40 minutes of Turbo Jam Body Sculpt. I did lose 1 of the 2 lbs. I gained last week when I weighed myself this morning. I am determined to make that scale start going down again! I am really going to stick to my calories count and exercise for the rest of this month! There really isn't much of this month left and I feel like I haven't accomplished anything because of all the ups and downs on the scale. I WILL MOVE FORWARD!!

Hope everyone has a great day
  • Finishing the day at 1222, pushed over by a single fudge chocolate - worth it.
    Off to the cinema tonight, I have a diet coke in my handbag - better pack a straw too to keep the dentist happy!!
  • 1750 yesterday for me. Bit too low, I think, but the scale is down this morning, which is always nice. I'm STARVING right now - haven't had anything to eat today but a PB and banana sandwich and a couple cough drops. DH is making French bread pizzas for supper, though, so it's a good thing I saved my calories.
  • The scale said I was up 1.8lbs but I'm not buying it. I've been under 1200 all week in anticipation for this weekend's trip away. Without being too TMI I need more fiber...

So, I'm not recording that weight, if it's still there on Wednesday I will blame the refined sugar in those two measly mini cupcakes and the protein bars, which I usually don't eat but have for two days in a row.

canadianwoman - I have too many weaknesses to list, most sweet and so very bad for you. I was joking around with my husband a few days back, saying no wonder I'm fat, all my favourite foods are just the worst: Chocolate, salted fries, donuts, scones with jam and cream, pie - savoury or sweet. Not to say I shovel them in my mouth every day but the only thing I LOVE that is good for you is avocado.
    Newkate, Abbyin & BigChiefHoho - Good job!
    Seemyfeet - I feel the same way. The scale determines my mood a lot these days.
    BettyBooty - I hope next week is better for you
  • 2/20: 1,657/2000
    Still having a hard time with my late night eating. I am staying with in calories but know I am eating out of boredom in the evening. Got to break that habit!
  • I'm so depressed, I tried to stay away from the scale but yesterday I stepped on it and I was up a pound. So I bet if I had stepped on it Monday I would have been up 3 pounds. it's like all I do is lose the same three pounds plus a small amount every week. It's awful I keep my calories at around 1200 and work out EVERY DAMN DAY. I been drinking at least 120 oz of water, what is wrong with my body???

sigh, yesterday's calories 1156, and I didn't work out cause why bother...
  • Aw DiamondGirl, I know how you feel. I weigh every day, which is good, because I dipped on Wednesday, and if I hadn't weighed then, I might have missed that little hint that my body was trying to lose. Well...if it's any consolation, it's a lot more depressing to have this weight pattern at the higher weights. Maybe the mental health day will do you good.

1100cals yesterday. I had a long, busy day, and I have the feeling that I overestimated calories 'cause i don't see how that food I ate (salads) could have added up over 1000. (Not that the scale cares!)
  • Quote: I'm so depressed, I tried to stay away from the scale but yesterday I stepped on it and I was up a pound. So I bet if I had stepped on it Monday I would have been up 3 pounds. it's like all I do is lose the same three pounds plus a small amount every week. It's awful I keep my calories at around 1200 and work out EVERY DAMN DAY. I been drinking at least 120 oz of water, what is wrong with my body???

sigh, yesterday's calories 1156, and I didn't work out cause why bother...
    I exercise every day except Thursday. I have to take off every Thursday from exercise only because to do my exercise I get up at 4:30 (during the week). On Wednesday I teach in the evening and don't get to bed until 12, so I just can't get up at 4:30. I get to sleep in til 5:30! LOL. Anyway, I have noticed the many weeks my weight has gone down on Friday morning. I do eat less calories on Thursday - right around 1200 instead of 1400-1500 that I eat when I do exercise. So I know it doesn't make sense, but that's when I show a loss most weeks. Of course, I've usually been right on target Mon-Friday and Sat/Sun I may go over.
  • Goal!
    GOAL WEIGHT TODAY!
    I don't really feel any different than I have the last couple weeks, but it is such a great feeling to see the scale. My goal is 150 but actually today it said 149.5. But... with me... each time I see a new low, a day or two later it is up 1-1.5 pounds, then I just stick with it, and it then goes lower than my previous low. Then repeat that process. I started in July 15th and lost 46 as of today.

So MFP says I can have 1850 calories to maintain (without exercise). IDK, that seems low. I've been eating between 1200-1500 but I know I just have to play with it to see. When I input my walking this morning I now have 2150 calories.

Anyway, this is the first time I have gotten this low since before kids (who are 23 and 20 and both having birthdays soon!) Why was this time I successful? I wish I knew – then I could sell it and be rich! But what I can attribute it to is this:
    1) 3FC - some of things I have read on here have been so motivating. The one that really sticks out is "I'm not telling myself I can NEVER have it... I can always have it later". It was in this calorie counters section and I can't remember who said it but it was shortly before the holidays and it just made sense to me. So for the holidays, it was much easier for me to pass up all the cookies, etc., because I could tell myself “it will be here next year - or anytime I want to just buy it and eat it I can”. Instead of feeling sorry for myself and saying “I can’t have that”, I now say “I can have it later". Also read that in the WillPower book.
    2) MFP - the thing that helped me so much there when you click the "finished logging for the day" it tells you what you weigh in 5 weeks. I never checked if that is what I really weighed in 5 weeks but the reason it helped me was on the days I went way over. I could go way over my goal calories and it would still usually say I'd weigh about 1 pound less in 5 weeks. So that showed me I didn't "blow it".
    3) Exercise. I know. I hated it too. I hadn't done it for over 24 years. But I started with just walking less than a mile, then a mile and now I do 3-4 six days a week. I'm not doing anything particularly strenuous - but it is just that movement helps! I did start adding planking and a tiny bit of jogging since January but that is to help tone. Now I really look forward to my exercise. It's at home, free, and I do feel so much better. I know many people don't like the Leslie Sansone videos but I find her very motivating, so I keep on doing it.
    4) I'm not perfect at this - but I try not to eat while watching TV, surfing web, or working. I have learned you need to concentrate on what you are eating. It actually gets boring if you are used to multi-tasking like me. I have found I can't wait to finish my meal, so that I can do something else. But it does help you realize how much you are eating.
    5) Staying busy. I already work 2 jobs (teach full time at a HS and part time at a college) but I am now writing an app. You can learn how to do anything with the Internet. I am still a month or so from releasing it and it is just an educational game aimed at middle school kids. I started it in the summer and it is taking a while -but I get so addicted to working on it in the evening that I really don't think about snacking. A friend of mine picked up knitting and same thing ... she's busy with that. There are so many articles that talk about how knitting is good for our brains too!

I going to start posting in the maintenance thread but going to keep watch and cheer you on as each of you hit your goals too! From what I have read on the maintenance threads it is just a life-time struggle. So I will have to find my way and figure out what works for me. But given what I have learned so far, I think I can do it. Of course I don't want to be counting every calorie I eat forever, but I think for a while that is just how it will be.
  • CalCounter - Yaaaaay! Congrats! Totally agree with you on #4. If I'm eating in front of the TV or computer, I can look down and see that my plate is completely empty and it doesn't even felt like I ate anything. It's a lot easier to be satisfied if I focus on the food instead of entertainment.

As for me, I was at 1978 yesterday, so pretty much perfect for me. I love it when I can fit pizza into my count for the day.