Ideal Protein Newcomers introduce yourself here!

You're on Page 18 of 34
Go to
  • Congratulations!!
    Quote: Went for my W1 weigh in today! I was nervous but hopful. Down 9.8lbs and 15.25 inches!!! I am so pleased with myself and IP. Never expected such numbers.

I realize that these results wont be typical each week but what a motivator!
    W2 here I come

FANTASTIC!! Congratulations!!
  • Signed up for IP today. I'm a bit nervous. But the coach was really nice. I have about 100 lbs to lose :-(
  • Quote: Signed up for IP today. I'm a bit nervous. But the coach was really nice. I have about 100 lbs to lose :-(
    Welcome and congratulations on beginning your journey.

100 lbs totally doable. Follow the plan 100%, don't deviate, plan ahead (very big key to success) and embrace the plan. What I mean by embracing the plan is understand there are things you can't have, but it isn't forever. I miss things, but I know that I will be able to have them later in moderation, but never the way I did before. Learn from the plan by identifying your triggers, etc.

Don't let yourself cheat. I keep myself from cheating using the money factor. To me, the possibility of throwing myself out of ketosis and therefore wasting a week worth of food - isn't worth it.

Welcome.
  • Hello. Just started IP on Saturday. I've been lurking this forum for months before I actually started, and I am so thankful to have so much amazing information at my fingertips. Before even starting, this forum has helped me so much. I look forward to the amazing journey ahead of me.
  • Does anyone know where I can find sugar free salsa ?
    I've also been looking for WF mayonnaise. Tried making my own mayonnaise but just doesn't thicken up.
  • Quote: Hello. Just started IP on Saturday. I've been lurking this forum for months before I actually started, and I am so thankful to have so much amazing information at my fingertips. Before even starting, this forum has helped me so much. I look forward to the amazing journey ahead of me.
    Hi tinespeens! You're way ahead of the game if you've been reading - so much good info here!

Quote: Does anyone know where I can find sugar free salsa ?
    I've also been looking for WF mayonnaise. Tried making my own mayonnaise but just doesn't thicken up.
    I haven't looked for sugar free salsa but look in the recipe threads, I know I saw a recipe there for one you can make yourself.

Sometimes WF products can be hard to find. Around here Walmart has the best selection. If you still can't find it, you can order directly from the WF website.
  • Thanks. I didn't know I could order WF on the web. I'm loving the Bang Bang shrimp and it calls for mayonnaise .
  • Quote: Hello. Just started IP on Saturday. I've been lurking this forum for months before I actually started, and I am so thankful to have so much amazing information at my fingertips. Before even starting, this forum has helped me so much. I look forward to the amazing journey ahead of me.
    Hi Tinespeens! I just started today -- just a couple days after you! I'm a fellow-lurker (until now) and completely understand how the forum is a great precursor to starting the program. I feel very motivated and well informed.

I'm going with the advice of these savvy forum members who say to just stick to the plan and good things will happen. Their numbers are SO encouraging.

Good luck to you and happy week #1!
  • Quote: Thanks. I didn't know I could order WF on the web. I'm loving the Bang Bang shrimp and it calls for mayonnaise .
    I love netrition.com. Best prices I've found plus $4.95 flat rate shipping!
  • I'm New and Super Impressed
    Hi Everyone,

I have been stalking, er... reading these boards for a few weeks and finally started the plan on Monday. I haven't been on the scale yet, but other than a little headache have been feeling content. I love the recipes, support and community. Thanks, and I look forward to getting to know you.
  • I came down with a cold and was craving wonton soup. I was wondering if I can have just the broth while OP ?
  • Quote: I'm new to the forum. I just found it last night. I started the IPD on Aug 5, 2013, with hubby.

I AM TWO POUNDS FROM MY GOAL!! Hubby is about 8 pounds from his goal!

I have gone from 189 pounds to 132 pounds! YIPPEE SKIPPEE!

Looking forward to being here and learning things and getting my 20 days and 20 posts in so I can have the link for my signature, too.
    That is a very impressive journey that you have been on! Congratulations!
  • Quote: Signed up for IP today. I'm a bit nervous. But the coach was really nice. I have about 100 lbs to lose :-(
    You got this! I started my journey in September and have not felt overwhelmed by my journey in any way. Look at it in increments-this is totally doable! Just like ColoradoCarol said, you just learn to not want those foods anymore because they won't help you get to your goal! I have mini goals for each 10 pound increment to keep me going! Good luck!
  • Quote: One question: Am I the only one that has extreme hair loss? Anything that I can do for it?
    Once I lost 45 pounds within six months, I did lose lots of hair. I guess that my body was losing too much of its reserved fat to send nutrients to the end of my hair follicles. So, when my tire started to build around me, my hair came back. If your diet is starting to stabilize, some of (all of--I hope) your hair I bet is growing back at this moment.
  • Newcomer day 8
    I am new to ID and had a slow start so far. It was 3 pounds. . so I guess that is normal. I am going okay so far, but I would love a 5 pound week!

Oh, and how do you get one of those weight loss clickers at the bottom of your posts?