Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 29

You're on Page 7 of 34
Go to
  • Sad, returned the large sweaters and there were no mediums that fit the bill. Before, I wanted sweaters that did not make me look fat. Now, I want sweaters that keep me warm. Funny,how things change. They had some pretty 2 ply cashmere, but they were 3/4 length sleeves. Have I mentioned that my classroom is like the Arctic!
  • Need motivation
    Hello ladies,
    I started IP after my son was born. I lost 35 the first 10 weeks then the past month with the holidays I have not followed 100%. Anyway I still have 40 lbs to lose! I need some motivation please I restarted today and have had a great day so far!
  • It's funny how clothes fit and how much it varies by manufacturer. I'm waiting to buy any "good" clothes until I get to goal but I'm finding lots in thrift stores and on sales.

Quote: Hello ladies,
    I started IP after my son was born. I lost 35 the first 10 weeks then the past month with the holidays I have not followed 100%. Anyway I still have 40 lbs to lose! I need some motivation please I restarted today and have had a great day so far!
    Congrats on getting through day one of your restart 100%! Hang in there, you know you can do this. You just have to make the commitment and stay 100% with no excuses. Remember, you're in control, not the food.
  • Iced in
    Well..we are stuck...still. The ice is BAD..neighbor has his car flop diddly in the middle of the street in front of our house. He has a flatter driveway and guess thought he could get out!
    We have the hill from #@4!!#%... as a driveway...and can't even walk up it to check for the papers! DH had to slog through the snow in the front yard to get to the mailbox...twice...and of course there are no papers yet... could read on line, but 2 Sunday papers and a pot (or two) of coffee in our slippers / wool socks and stay at home clothes ... is religion in this house....

Happy day to all!
  • Quote: Well..we are stuck...still. The ice is BAD..neighbor has his car flop diddly in the middle of the street in front of our house. He has a flatter driveway and guess thought he could get out!
    We have the hill from #@4!!#%... as a driveway...and can't even walk up it to check for the papers! DH had to slog through the snow in the front yard to get to the mailbox...twice...and of course there are no papers yet... could read on line, but 2 Sunday papers and a pot (or two) of coffee in our slippers / wool socks and stay at home clothes ... is religion in this house....

Happy day to all!
    Stay safe, stay warm and stay inside - I heard it was quite nasty out your way for a lot of people! A friend is trying to get back home to Long Island after being in California for Christmas - her flight has been delayed twice and they were supposed to be in today, hopefully they'll make it home. Of course I did say there are worse things then being stuck in LA...

Jo
  • Quote: Well..we are stuck...still. The ice is BAD..neighbor has his car flop diddly in the middle of the street in front of our house. He has a flatter driveway and guess thought he could get out!

Happy day to all!
    Stay safe! I hear you on the Sunday morning routine - read the paper, stay in jammies until absolutely necessary (some days all day!), drink lots of coffee and maybe nap. I LOVE Sundays!
  • Well, my school district has cancelled for Monday AND Tuesday. They don' t have buses and the frigid cold for folks not used to it is too much, I guess.

Being originally from Michigan, I wonder what all the fuss is about. Yup. It snowed (no ice here). Yup. It is cold. For many of the children who attend in the district where I'm housed, school is often the place they get the best meal(s) of the day, so it makes me sad they can't come to school.

I've been cooking today. P1 restart got derailed until today due to how sick I was yesterday. DH went veggie shopping but I just couldn't drag myself to the kitchen to chop any of them. I lived on liquids, chicken bone broth and homemade yogurt <700 calories total.

So, today I made chicken soup. I was going to make chili, too but I'll save it for tomorrow since I'm off the next 2 days.

Even tho I didn't start P1 again until today, I can feel the puffiness has reduced greatly (and my rings are sliding around again). By the time I actually get out for an "official" weigh-in, my weight should be back down to a number more representative of the truth. When I returned from our trip, I was tired, sick, and achey all over. Inflammation = water weight. Not a good time to weigh.

Quote: Stay safe, stay warm and stay inside - I heard it was quite nasty out your way for a lot of people! A friend is trying to get back home to Long Island after being in California for Christmas - her flight has been delayed twice and they were supposed to be in today, hopefully they'll make it home. Of course I did say there are worse things then being stuck in LA...
    I know it SOUNDS like it but having just left the area, I know EVERYTHING is more expensive right now due to the bowl games. I almost got stuck there & decided to chance it & fly to Denver Friday nite. At least in Denver I have a friend we could have stayed with (altho Friday they were saying they wouldn't be able to get us a flight until Monday and that was BEFORE this storm). My nephew stayed out west. His red-eye to MI is cancelled tonite and they're telling him WEDNESDAY before a possibility of a flight. All well except he's in grad school and this is the first week of the semester.
    But...oh how I wish I was still in LA right now
  • Hope you feel better soon Lisa! Only good thing about the extra 2 days off is it gives you a chance to recuperate.

We get so little snow here that when we actually get some most everything shuts down. I lived on the east coast for several years and had no problem getting around in the snow, but here they just aren't used to it.
  • Up here in Central Illinois we are getting 50 mph winds and with the 8 inches of snow and dangerous wind chills, they have pulled all plows off the roads so everything is blowing closed. My dad is from Michigan and if a blizzard hit with -17 below as the high, I think they would have closed school in Michigan as well. It truly is dangerous out there and having kids wait at a bus stop for a bus that is having trouble getting around would be crazy. I am glad they are closing schools.
  • Hey Purplemonster; I see you are phasing off for Mexico too! I start Phase 3 on Tuesday, we leave on the 17th! Can't wait!
  • Good morning!

Ack, another night of really bad sleep. My hormones have gone nuts, I swear. I shared this on the 50+ thread, but thought I would do so here too.

Apparently, rapid weight loss really can mess with your hormones. I had been off replacement therapy for several months when I started having hot flashes, night sweats, etc., again. I thought it had to do with the medical issues I was having at the time but when the symptoms continued after those were resolved I checked with the doctor. Back onto hormone replacement therapy for me. I just hope it starts working soon - sleep would be good!

Have a great 100% day!
  • Quote: Good morning!

Ack, another night of really bad sleep. My hormones have gone nuts, I swear. I shared this on the 50+ thread, but thought I would do so here too.

Apparently, rapid weight loss really can mess with your hormones. I had been off replacement therapy for several months when I started having hot flashes, night sweats, etc., again. I thought it had to do with the medical issues I was having at the time but when the symptoms continued after those were resolved I checked with the doctor. Back onto hormone replacement therapy for me. I just hope it starts working soon - sleep would be good!

Have a great 100% day!
    Mine started a few months ago...same problem. I had similar off & on when I first started IP but now I think age is involved as well. I'll be getting my hormone and adrenal function checked soon to see what can be done naturally
  • Quote: Mine started a few months ago...same problem. I had similar off & on when I first started IP but now I think age is involved as well. I'll be getting my hormone and adrenal function checked soon to see what can be done naturally
    Lisa, my doctor suggested that black coshish (sp?) might be helpful but since my symptoms are so severe she wanted to try the HRT - she just didn't think it would give me the relief I need. I really think it's a combination of age and the weight loss for me. And of course, the hormone fluctuations make me just a joy to live with right now!
  • I'm still struggling with regaining my strength. I spent Saturday between bed & the couch ( where I watched TV when I wasn't sleeping)
    Yesterday I made my trusty recovery chicken soup (and started a new pot of chicken bone broth). I was gonna make chili too (from frozen leftover turkey) but ran out of steam

Our luggage was finally delivered yesterday and I got half-unpacked. I'm finishing that & working on laundry but geez...I'm getting tired fast! I'll have lots of chances to check in today while I rest in between chores. AND I want to get that chili made.

I'm headed to the What Are You Eating thread. It really helps with keeping 100%! Forces you to plan ahead.
  • LISA! Tell me about this chili you speak of!!!