Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 29

You're on Page 20 of 34
Go to
  • schenectady & IPN & 65 - I have to limit myself to making one two-cup serving of some veggies too! When I started IP 4 cups of veggies seemed like so much but now I find myself thinking "4 cups is not nearly enough!" Funny how our tastes change!

Hiker Glad you're feeling better! I like it when people notice and say "you look great" but I get uncomfortable when they either 1) go on and on and on about it or 2) start asking too many questions about how much I've lost or how I did it - I have learned strategies (mostly from here!) to shut those lines down.
  • Quote: Hardly anyone has made a comment at work. Finally after Christmas someone said, are you losing weight? We actually have had a number of people get cancer, and I think most people are afraid to ask. At the Y where I swim, people are more apt to comment. At my family Christmas a couple of people commented.
    I actually had a very sweet coworker pull me to the side and ask me once if I was sick. He noticed the rapid downsizing and didn't want to assume. Now he knows it's just losing weight he catcalls and makes a big deal when he sees me. Lol he's a 60 year old man so it's cute how excited he gets for me
  • I was a player in my early days but with the age my start gaining weight gradually.Seen some significant changes in my body along with the weight gain-back pain,Lazziness etc. I am very impressed with Lisa's weight transformation.It is quite inspirational.I am loosing quite a bit in last 2 months and hopefully in this year itself i'll be back to normal again.
  • Quote: I was a player in my early days but with the age my start gaining weight gradually.Seen some significant changes in my body along with the weight gain-back pain,Lazziness etc. I am very impressed with Lisa's weight transformation.It is quite inspirational.I am loosing quite a bit in last 2 months and hopefully in this year itself i'll be back to normal again.
    Welcome skmyna! Congrats to you for losing!

And you're right - Lisa is pretty amazing and inspirational!
  • Quote: Welcome skmyna! Congrats to you for losing!

And you're right - Lisa is pretty amazing and inspirational!
    Look at Ruth Ann! So is she! And she didn't get a Stupid plateau! (can you tell I'm bitter not at Ruth Ann...at the situation)
  • Quote: Look at Ruth Ann! So is she! And she didn't get a Stupid plateau! (can you tell I'm bitter not at Ruth Ann...at the situation)
    Aw Lisa, you're so sweet! And you have been a huge motivator for me the whole time I've been here! Your great attitude after all you've been through is just awesome.

Although right now I really don't feel motivated to do much except goof off -good thing I'm the only one in the office today!
  • Ok... so need some encouragement today... rough cravings (TOM) is coming soon. I can do this, I am strong and worth the effort. Currently eating my chocolate peanut butter bar and thats helping... also going to lunch with my coworkers to get a salad but still the cake upstairs is calling like a siren to me.
  • Quote: Ok... so need some encouragement today... rough cravings (TOM) is coming soon. I can do this, I am strong and worth the effort. Currently eating my chocolate peanut butter bar and thats helping... also going to lunch with my coworkers to get a salad but still the cake upstairs is calling like a siren to me.
    way to go on reaching out to a support system when you get a craving! Those appear less and less over time. I'm pretty far in and everyyyyy once in a while I want to dive into a bag of peanut butter M&M's (my weakness) but I don't! Look at that picture in your signature-that's why you're doing it! That cake won't get you any closer to where you want to be! Go look on the recipes thread for a 'packet hack' dessert recipe. I made a pumpkin pie out of a pancake packet and pudding! You can do this!
  • Quote: Ok... so need some encouragement today... rough cravings (TOM) is coming soon. I can do this, I am strong and worth the effort. Currently eating my chocolate peanut butter bar and thats helping... also going to lunch with my coworkers to get a salad but still the cake upstairs is calling like a siren to me.
    Well, you know what happened to those who caved to the siren's song don't you?

Seriously though, you're doing so well - show that cake who is in charge!

If it helps, just picture it as a blob of fat - ugly and disgusting!
    Sometimes all you can do is tough it out. But boy do I feel your pain! I have had so many of those times when I wanted something so BAD! Ironically, it was cake! Because that is my favorite thing EVER! I can't tell you how empowered I felt each time I stood up to those dumb cravings. I served my own birthday cake, with buttercream frosting on my fingers and never took a lick of it. I washed my hands off and ate my own little treat. I looked back afterwards and marveled at the idea that food had so much control over me and that each time I stuck to my guns I took control over food! Why do we make it so important, and such a critical part of every single celebration?

Lisa has mentioned this before and I'll probably get it wrong, but as time goes on you will begin to recognize when you are truly hungry and when you are mentally hungry or craving for the sake of "wanting" something.

Hang in there. YOU CAN DO THIS!
    I laugh when I am about to type my answer as I see the little picture of your sweet baby - eat pickles (just like pregnancy cravings?)

I find that the very tart taste just wipes my palate out and makes it easier to handle.

Another thing that works for me, and you can do this at work) - go brush your teeth, really long and thoroughly with a mint type toothpaste. It is harder for me to cheat when I have a nice clean mouth.

Besides, the cake or treat NEVER tastes as good as your mind made it out out be and you will have blown it, for what?
  • Thanks for all the encouragement.... it's gone and i didn't go near it.

I had a serious sprinkling of
  • Quote: Thanks for all the encouragement.... it's gone and i didn't go near it.

I had a serious sprinkling of
    Hooray Tigerlvr! We knew you could do it!
  • Good Morning! I'm happy to say that I now have appliances! So the dishwasher and washer/dryer haven't been hooked up but it was great to cook on my stove even if it hasn't been leveled.

I was in the mood for something different last night so I made a broccoli shrimp stir fry. I tend to eat the same things over and over and I really need to start trying some of these recipes on here... I did try the turnip fries awhile ago and they are tasty, so when I have more than five minutes to prepare supper I make them.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • Quote: Good Morning! I'm happy to say that I now have appliances! So the dishwasher and washer/dryer haven't been hooked up but it was great to cook on my stove even if it hasn't been leveled.

I was in the mood for something different last night so I made a broccoli shrimp stir fry. I tend to eat the same things over and over and I really need to start trying some of these recipes on here... I did try the turnip fries awhile ago and they are tasty, so when I have more than five minutes to prepare supper I make them.
    Yay for appliances! Do they get connected/leveled today?