Alternachicks at the movies

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • He was awesome Sojo! I went in saw it 2x. And I am afraid I found him sexier as a pirate than I did in 21 Jump Street! My age is showing.

Been junking out at the video store. Watched Final Destination 2 last night. It was alot of fun. Also hit How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, my hubby and I were rolling. Couln't help but joke about Princess Sophie when we hit the hay.

Miss Chris
  • I did that to my hubbie too Chris!
  • Johnny English
    My son and I thought it was hilarious but we were the only ones falling off our seats with laughter. Maybe were just weird so if your weird too you'll probably enjoy Rowan in this one

Miss Chris
  • We liked it too Chris!! Not THE BEST movie, but funny and a lot of fun!!!! Hardly any people in the audience which I really didn't understand.
  • hrm. i will have to rent that. hubby and i laughed our asses off at "American Psycho" and no one else in the theater did. That was weird. I still say it was supposed to be a comedy, darn it.

Watched the pirate movie. Mmm.. Johnny Depp. Yummy. Also watched Gangs of New York - good but too long and i slept through the end, and didn't really think that whats-her-face should have been in it. Bad accents all around.

Watched two good ones though White Oleander and Igby Goes Down. Both rentals now but were really good. I liked Igby, it reminded me of Catcher in the Rye which is one of my favorite books. And White Oleander was surprising, thought it was going to be a major chick movie, and was surprised. I did think they wrapped it up in a nice little bow at the end though. I hate it when movies do that.

That's all fer now. I'm sure I'll have more soon. I love Netflix.
  • The Cradle of Life
    Well Tombraider 2: The Cradle of Life was definitely better than the first one, but still ran into some of the same pacing problems, along with long shots, and location moving. I still had a lot of fun and felt more into the story. Hope you ladies enjoy

Miss Chris
  • We just watched an awesome film called "Equilibrium"!

It is an action movie starring Christian Bale and Taye Digs.

It is set in the "future" in a society where emotion is prohibited and all things like music, art, and books are banned. The two title characters are part of an elite team of law enforcement that seizes items that can evoke emotion in people and destroys them. Anyone caught committing a crime of the senses is tried and executed. The whole of society is controlled by a drug that prohibits people from feeling emotions and that they have to take by law.

Shades of Farenheight 451 but taken to a whole new level! If you liked the Matrix you will probably enjoy this one. Lots of intrigue, commentary on society and censorship, and wicked fight scenes!

Two thumbs up in my book I will be buying this for my DVD collection!
  • WOW!! I'd sure have problems in that society!! Might not be so FAT though!!!
    Well.....I might eat just as much out of BOREDOM!!!! I want to see that one Mauvais; thanks for the suggestion.
  • The food looked pretty boring too Den- so I guess you would be SOL!
  • Went to see Seabiscuit the other night. Highly recommended.
  • Mauvais-Probably would be all to the good!!! I bet sex was wrecked too though, huh?

Karen-Thanks! I've been curious about that one!!
  • I got "equilibruim" in the mail the day you posted and never got around to writing in here. It was really really really good. I also thought it was a great mix of Farenheit and Matrix. I love Christian Bale and dare i say he would have made a good NEO as well. I wonder if he went out for the part.
    Lately we also saw the "Animatrix" and I watched "How to lose a guy in 10 days" it was cute but kinda bla. I didn't think it was a very good movie, but it was amusing. sort of a brainless movie. I enjoy things that make you think more.
    I am starting to get antsy over LOTR though. I can not wait much longer. I am also getting antsy for the next Harry Potter, now that i have read all the books.
  • Yeah, lizzi- I can't wait for those next installments!

We are going to see Jason v Freddy on Friday not what I call cinematic gems but fun anyway - DH had been a Jason fan forever and no matter how bad the movies get he still wants to see them!

I am really looking forward to seeing Underworld when it comes out.
  • Just watched Comic Book Villians, that was pretty funny. I enjoyed it. Kinda dark and fantastical, but in a good way. I really like all the actors in it, especially Michael Rappaport and Donal Logue. If you want a movie to watch just to laugh and not think much about this is a good one.
  • That is a good flick, I like OMG what is the name of the overly akward skinny guy.......DJ Qualls from The New Guy(also a good movie, Ilike Eddie Griffin too!)

We have been Britcom (Yes, Minister) and Sci-Fi Bound the 4th season of DS9 is out and it truly gets better EVERY season!

Miss Chris