Maintainers Winning the Battle of the Bulge

You're on Page 20 of 34
Go to
  • Chips and pretzels are easy in my book, but crackers? No way! How do you eat cheese without crackers? Yeah, I should have cheese, but that's what dinner was last night. I had exactly two small pieces of some really good cheese (sage derby and red Leister), two ounces of braunschweiger, 8 crackers and half a pear. It was our light dinner since we went out to lunch.

Weight today 164--down almost 2 pounds this week.

I'll have to be careful this weekend. Sunday night we have our Wine women dinner.
  • Quote: I am brainificating on how close "streak" is to "steak".
    Me too!
  • Quote: Chips and pretzels are easy in my book, but crackers? No way! How do you eat cheese without crackers? Yeah, I should have cheese, but that's what dinner was last night. I had exactly two small pieces of some really good cheese (sage derby and red Leister), two ounces of braunschweiger, 8 crackers and half a pear. It was our light dinner since we went out to lunch.

Weight today 164--down almost 2 pounds this week.

I'll have to be careful this weekend. Sunday night we have our Wine women dinner.
    Congrats on your weight loss alinnell! How is your doggie doing?
  • Allison, agree - cheese and crackers are a glorious pair, and I am NOT giving up cheese, no way, no how! Maybe I will amend that a bit to "enriched white or wheat flour" based crackers. That will challenge me to get more creative. I'll bet kale chips would go okay with a few kinds of cheese . Or thinly sliced radishes, celery ... there's ways to deal.
  • I've been averaging about 1300 net calories per day for the last 16 days... and I've gained half a pound. Sigh. All that hunger for nothing. Although my clothes are fitting looser-
    I'm sure that my scale isn't frozen, I did a naked plank on it last night in honor of Saef
    So, I don't know what the deal is. All I can do is keep trying.
  • I didn't eat a steak, but I made salsa porkchops in the crockpot, using Trader Joe's green tomatillo salsa, and I ate a chop & a half, plus the sauce on top of steamed broccoli.

I'm walking around feeling somewhat dazed. This is the first weekend where I haven't been working on a long writing assignment. I handed that in on Monday, got it back for some edits, and then it back over the net again, like a ping-pong game. I'll be heaving Upstate shortly. In embarking on this vacation, I feel like I'm doing something forbidden.

Right now I'm trying to clean out the fridge before I depart, which means a lot of cooked vegetables.
  • Quote:
    I'll be heaving Upstate shortly.
    This isn't some kind of bulimia, is it?
  • Quote: This isn't some kind of bulimia, is it?

Maybe saef had silverbirche's 24-day steak!

Have a great vacation saef--sounds VERY well-deserved. Hope you aren't too sore--that sounds like quite a tumble!
  • Day one on my no grapes streak.
    I started using lose it to track my calories. So far so good. We are going out for sushi tonight though which will be tricky to track.
  • Quote: Congrats on your weight loss alinnell! How is your doggie doing?
    Unfortunately we made the heart wrenching decision to put him down this morning. He was only 9 years old. Too young, but the darn kidney disease did him in--not the cancer.
  • Quote: Unfortunately we made the heart wrenching decision to put him down this morning. He was only 9 years old. Too young, but the darn kidney disease did him in--not the cancer.
    My heart goes out to you alinnell. That has to be the hardest yet loving thing to do.
  • Quote: My heart goes out to you alinnell. That has to be the hardest yet loving thing to do.
    Thank you. It was extraordinarily difficult as he still had his wits about him but his refusal to eat and the fact that he had lost 17 pounds in 5 or 6 weeks was proof that it was time. We've had a difficult day but with all the outpouring of love and support on FB and my Lab chat board, it makes it easier.
  • Alinnell I am so sorry for your loss. Our little furries, they get into our hearts and then they're there with us forever.
  • I'm sorry, Alinnell. You gave him the best life, and he gave you the same. Always be happy when you think of him. Your decision was made out of mercy.

• Allison! What a shock it was to read this! I have no words, but my heart goes out to you!

Jen