I can't believe I am almost there :)

• Well guys its been about 9 months and I have lost over 70lbs. I feel great. Need to lose just 11 lbs more. The thing is I don't want to go into the maintenance phase lol. I think I have been having fun in this losing weight stage, but unless I want to end up like a toothpick I am going to have to start when I reach goal weight. I think I may prolong it another 5 lbs after goal. We will see. Anyways just wanted to say hi and share my success with you guys

Good luck to you all.

Here are a couple of photos. The first one is the most recent.

• Yayyyy for you!!!!

I'm very happy for you! Best wishes for a successful maintenance!
  • Quote: Yayyyy for you!!!!

I'm very happy for you! Best wishes for a successful maintenance!
    Thank you
  • Yes! Thank you so much for sharing! Your pics are inspiring. Congratulations on zeroing in on the last stretch. Maintenance I found presents its own learning, but what got you there will get you there (if that makes ANY sense, lol). Doing the happy dance with you.
  • Great job!
  • Good for you! That's great!
    I say why stop, if you feel like you want to lose more, and you're still losing well, and you're not skeletal, go for it.
    That way once you enter maintenance, you'll have some extra wiggle room for when your body adjusts to the increase in calories, carbs, etc.
    Congrats!
  • Thanks guys I appreciate the enthusiasm and advice
  • Your pictures look great and you've done great.

One thing - During maintenance itself you can't go more than 2 pounds above or below your goal weight. The idea is that you are supposed to be maintaining during maintenance. After you gain lifetime status you can go lower.

Back when I got to maintenance (I'm a regained lifetime member) 20 years or so ago, my leader always had a short (5-10 minute) maintenance meeting after the regular meeting. It was a lot of help. I wish it was something that was done now.
  • Congrats!