no more dairy

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • If you are a finicky eater, I can see where it might be an issue. My mom doesn't do much beans due to her stomach issues with them so it took her a while to find a decent compromise. She is almost vegan except she does eat a couple eggs per week.

I didn't eat soy or seitan for about the first 6 months of being vegan and I personally didn't have an issue with getting enough protein. It wasn't that I didn't like them but I didn't know about tempeh and I was kind of afraid of making my own tofu for a while and I didn't know I could make my own seitan. I can tell you I've put on quite a bit of muscle being vegan and it works for me.
  • I ended signing up for myfitnesspal, this has helped out a lot, it may or may not be the perfect ratios for losing weight but it has me on 1200 calories a day 50% carbs, 30% fat & 20% protein. I have been so sick that I really didn't care if I even got out of bed or not. I have felt better this week & starting inputing my foods & it has been a great week. I'm not having any problems reaching the suggested percentages, I don't always get it exact but I get it really close.
  • I'm usually around 60/20/20 which works well for me. I wouldn't stress too much about the exact percentages.
  • Nellie, thanks, I'm not stressing over it, I was mainly just looking for a place to start. I feel really good with what I am eating, if that changes I may make some changes to it.
  • I am not craving dairy at all.
  • Noshoes - I am not craving it either.
  • Makes it so much easier.
  • Hi Shay, I have also become a no dairy vegetarian. I still have eggs maybe 3 times a week.
    I like the almond and coconut milk they sell now, so I use those in my oatmeal.