Online exercise videos/other resources?

• Hi Folks of Fitness:

I'm in a rural area where there is only one gym, which has a giant glass wall facing onto main street. Presumably so that everyone can watch your butt jiggle while you work out. I do not want to exercise there, at all.

So, I'm exercising in-home and getting pretty bored with my line up of 2 aerobics videos. I'm looking for online exercise resources to diversify my work out - aerobics videos or kickboxing or whatever.

Netflix used to have a selection of 20 minute workouts that I loved, because I could rotate through the different work-outs (aerobics, kickboxing, yoga) and it didn't get boring, but they pulled them several months ago.

Does anyone know of a good YouTube channel or other online resource that I could look to to up the entertainment value of my work out?

Many thanks,
    RRosie
  • Follow up: Also looking for general tips on how people stay motivated to exercise...I get so bored with the repetition. And next thing I know my "take a break for a moment" has me 6 episodes into a sitcom.
  • Fitness blender and ekhart yoga on youtube are great!

Good luck
    Like your cat
  • I love tonique fitness, there's some stuff on youtube but she has DVDs you can order too. This stuff is a little hard but you can work yourself up to it. I love Sylwia, she teaches classes here in nyc in the mornings and when my son is old enough to go to school in a couple of years I will sign up to take classes with her. She's my profile pic
  • I'm obsessed with bodyrock.tv and thedailyhiit.com. The daily hiit provides shorter workouts (usually) and some are more advanced than others, but there are modifications. Bodyrock.tv just completed a 30 day challenge (new workouts for every day) that was quite intense/advanced but I loved it. And again, it's possible to make modifications to adjust to your fitness level. They have tons of workouts and add new ones regularly so very rarely do I repeat any.
  • Jessica Smith is a great instructor. On the right hand side of her page you can choose the type of workout you are interested in. http://www.jessicasmithtv.com/jessica-smith/
  • Also there is a great company called kineticflix I think..... (its been awhile) that's like netflix for workout and dance dvds. They even have beachbody dvds that u rent! I've been missing them lately and I'm thinking about going back.
  • This is a good question! I was wondering the same thing. I was actually considering going to a 2nd hand store or something to buy DVDs people are getting rid of. If successful it would be a cheap way to build a collection.
  • Check your local library- Ours has fitness videos for rent.

The new X-Box is supposed to have linked up with Beachbody (makers of P90X, Insanity, Turbofire etc) so you can workout via X-Box.

You can probably pick up used videos on ebay.
  • Search youtube for : Blogilates, FitnessBlender, LifestrongWoman, XHitDaily. I believe you can also find Jillian Michaels workouts there.
  • Personally, I like the BeFit Youtube channel. There are tons of videos on there, including Jillian Michaels.
  • On an old thread I posted a list of youtube videos that I thought would be helpful. You can check it out here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exer...art-2-a-2.html

Recently, I joined Daily Burn which has many programs, but is a $10 a month fee. I belonged to a gym and was going to freeze my membership. Turns out there was a $10 a month fee to do so so I cancelled and redirected that money to this program. I highly recommend it. They even have a 30 day trial.
  • POPSugar/ Fitsugar: Popsugar youtube channel and Fitsugar website

Blogilates: Youtube Channel and Blogilates Website

Scola Dondo: Youtube Channel and Blog (thatfitnesslife dot blogspot dot co dot uk) ~ She lost all her weight at home and still doesn't go to the gym so it may be helpful to see how she works out

Livestrong Woman: Youtube Channel

I tried posting links but for whatever reason I cannot, but a quick Google or Youtube search should get you to the correct sites, and all of the workouts you can do at home and they also give you ideas for food, etc.

I also Youtube search "the Firm fitness" and they have a lot of videos, some from the 80s and 90s some more recent, that are from fitness videos which are all pretty effective (even if some of them look super outdated)...

Create a Youtube playlist for yourself of the workout videos you like, hopefully this list helps!
  • I do Billy Blanks workout from youtube sometimes.
  • Quote:
    I tried posting links but for whatever reason I cannot, but a quick Google or Youtube search should get you to the correct sites, and all of the workouts you can do at home and they also give you ideas for food, etc.

I!
    You can't post links until you've been a member with a certain amount of posts. I can't remember the number, I think you have to have a minimum of 25 posts before you can post links.