Go to
  • P1:

B: orange wafers & coffee
    L: garlic chips and 2 cups cauliflower
    D: turkey burgers and 2 cups roasted zucchini
    S: raspberry jelly
  • P1 - Vegetarian, IP and Alternative mixture

B: IsoPure Zero Cookies and Cream with coffee
    L: Chicken flavor soup with pureed broccoli, romaine salad withcucumbers, EVOO, ACV
    S: IP Pina Colada drink
    D: tofu over riced cauliflower, romaine salad
  • P1:

B: Vanilla pudding heated up with coffee
    L: Garlic chips & 2 cups cucumbers and zucchini & hard boiled egg
    D: 6 oz chicken w/1 cup mushrooms made into stir-fry over 1 cup riced cauliflower
    S: Lemon pudding (with a few drops of added lemon juice)
  • Hi all! This is day two...I'm doing alternatives and have yet to buy any packets - but can't WAIT until I do. Looking forward to variety.

B - Pure Protein chocolate shake
    L - Pure Protein bar
    S - black tea with 1 oz 2% milk (don't have skim) and 1 hard boiled egg
    D - 6oz steak w/ garlic and sea salt, 2 cups mushrooms and 2 cups of yellow squash, 2 tsp olive oil
    S - Advantedge sp? choc shake

I had to add the egg in because I was pretty hungry midday. I've heard that will dissipate next week. I think I'll be one of the people who will have to break up the protein between lunch and dinner.

Since I am new and am doing this on my own, I have a few simple questions. I've researched the heck out this diet, so I feel like I have things pretty much figured out. However, I have one question about the dinner protein. Are there any requirements as to the fat content of the steak? It says sirloin, tenderloin, etc. but do I need to cut the fat off? Also, what is considered extra-lean hamburger? I bought some that is 93/7 and hope that's okay.

Thank you!!!!
  • P1
    B- chai tea and IP butterscotch pudding frappuccino
    L- chicken soup with two cups veggies
    D- 6 oz pork loin, 2cups roasted veggies
    S- peanut butter crunch bar
  • Maybe this is a stupid question but my P1 sheet says 8oz of meat/eggs etc but it seems everyone is having 6oz. Am I mistaken?? Thanks!
  • Quote: Maybe this is a stupid question but my P1 sheet says 8oz of meat/eggs etc but it seems everyone is having 6oz. Am I mistaken?? Thanks!
    My understanding is that you can break up the 8oz. So I had an egg as a snack midday today and subtracted that 2oz from my dinner - therefore having 6oz of meat at dinner time.
  • Quote: Hi all! This is day two...I'm doing alternatives and have yet to buy any packets - but can't WAIT until I do. Looking forward to variety.

L - Pure Protein bar
    D - 6oz steak w/ garlic and sea salt, 2 cups mushrooms and 2 cups of yellow squash, 2 tsp olive oil

I had to add the egg in because I was pretty hungry midday. I've heard that will dissipate next week. I think I'll be one of the people who will have to break up the protein between lunch and dinner.

Since I am new and am doing this on my own, I have a few simple questions. I've researched the heck out this diet, so I feel like I have things pretty much figured out. However, I have one question about the dinner protein. Are there any requirements as to the fat content of the steak? It says sirloin, tenderloin, etc. but do I need to cut the fat off? Also, what is considered extra-lean hamburger? I bought some that is 93/7 and hope that's okay.

Thank you!!!!
    Welcome Zoerba! First, you probably want to break your veggies up and have two cups at lunch and two at dinner - that will help with the hunger. The diet really is designed to break them into two meals (look at the Phase 1 sheet in the first post of the daily/weekend chat).

I cut the fat of my steak - lean protein is what you want. 93/7 hamburger should be just fine.

Quote: Maybe this is a stupid question but my P1 sheet says 8oz of meat/eggs etc but it seems everyone is having 6oz. Am I mistaken?? Thanks!
    My coach said I could cut down to 6 oz of protein once I had lost (if I remember correctly) about 75 pounds. That said, I do sometimes add a couple ounces of meat or a hard boiled egg during the day if I'm feeling hungry.
  • Quote: Maybe this is a stupid question but my P1 sheet says 8oz of meat/eggs etc but it seems everyone is having 6oz. Am I mistaken?? Thanks!
    No question is stupid so don't hesitate to ask. I know I would be lost without this forum! I usually eat 8 oz of meat but this serving was only 6 oz. I intended to add a hard boiled egg today but you made me realize I forgot!
  • Quote: Hi all! This is day two...I'm doing alternatives and have yet to buy any packets - but can't WAIT until I do. Looking forward to variety.

L - Pure Protein bar

Thank you!!!!
    I am starting Tuesday, 1/7 (finally!!) and will be doing the same thing without packets until almost the end of the month! I didn't want to wait until then to get started. I too have been reading and reading!! I look forward to joining you all here on the 7th!
  • Quote: I am starting Tuesday, 1/7 (finally!!) and will be doing the same thing without packets until almost the end of the month! I didn't want to wait until then to get started. I too have been reading and reading!! I look forward to joining you all here on the 7th!
    Welcome and good luck. Stick to the plan and you will be sooo happy!
  • I have certainly realized that I need to break the veggies up. The last two days I haven't been able to finish my veggies at dinner time. It'll really help with the midday hunger too. Thanks for the advice!
  • Quote: I have certainly realized that I need to break the veggies up. The last two days I haven't been able to finish my veggies at dinner time. It'll really help with the midday hunger too. Thanks for the advice!
    You're quite welcome! That's what we're here for, to keep each other on track!

P1:

B: Vanilla pudding heated up with coffee
    L: Mushroom soup w/1 cup pureed mushrooms & celery & 1 cup bell peppers, cucumbers and zucchini w/lettuce
    D: Scrambled eggs with spinach & mushrooms and Frank's Hot Sauce (gotta kick it up a little!)
    S: Raspberry jelly
  • P1:

B: Egg whites, unsweetened green tea
    L: lettuce with 2 cups mixed veggies (zuchini, cucumber, baby sweet peppers), walden farms italian dressing. Chocolate protein shake. Water

Not sure what the rest of the day will be.
  • IP omelet.

IP Spaghetti Bolagnese, big lettuce salad with cucumbers and red bell pepper.

IP strawberry/banana drink for afternoon snack.

Not sure what for dinner. Probably the lean hamburger I have thawing and then my big salad with my veggies.

I happen to love, love, love salads so do not mind them twice a day.