September Challenge

You're on Page 7 of 11
Go to
  • Yay DenDen...you're so close...you'll get there girl.
    Hey, where are the rest of you girlies?
    Love, Soozie
  • Welcome back, Soozie! How was your holiday! Tell us all...

I can't remember what my goal is. Again. Hang on...
    Ah... found it. Apparently I'm to weigh 169 by September 1st. Right now I'm at 177. Still.
    This week will be good... I'm back on Phase I of South Beach, and I'm going to lose 3 pounds. That's all there is to it.

Lidian, that wallpaper... I love it! I have a strange fascination with shiny objects. We once had a neighbour with a beautiful gold couch cushion. Oh, did I covet THAT!

Love and hugs to all!
  • I SURE HOPE SO SOOZIE!!!!!
  • I'm going to jump in too
    Hi!

I love these challenges. We just have to remember to report in at the end.

I want to wear this Turquoise dress I have on the 1st day of school (Sept. 3) (I am a teacher). It's tight now. So to do this I will need to drop 5-8 pounds and get my muscle tone back and tight.

Good luck to all!!!!!!

Sandi

170/148/140-143: Sept. goal/120: final goal
  • I hope I am not to late to get into the challange. I am returning to the clinic tomorrow to restart my program again. I am now at 180 and would like to lose 50 pounds. Not sure how long it will take but I am going to take it one day at a time.
  • Hey Trixi... it's never too late. Jump right in!
    We've all got a personal mini goal for September 1st. Mine is to lose 10 pounds. Then I'll have another 30 to go.
    Just go at your own pace, but let us know what you're aiming for so that we can ***** at you.
  • I have lost 9 lbs so far and hope to be down another 6 by September 1st!

I have to get back on track with regard to my exercise routine - I tried to do some Pilates in the mornings while and holiday and I did do a lot of walking which helped- it is so hard to get back to normal after you have been away for a week! I have to go grocery shopping this weekend too as there is almost nothing in my fridge
  • Hey Mauvais... did you tell us how your trip was? Did I miss the post?
  • Congrats on the challenge so far chicks!
  • Yes, I did Ellis. I posted in the Alternachick daily chat thread
  • ah yes... I saw it. Rubbing shoulders with the elite, huh? Sounds like you had a GREAT time!
  • I am so glad you had a great time Mauvais! And you met TWO LOTR guys - that is terrific! I thought we were lucky to hear an interview with Orlando Bloom, my man Legolas, in England on the radio - only it was about the pirate movie and it was hard to convince DH that it was in fact Legolas (I was right of course!). The girls were thrilled as they LOVE Legolas (and so do I).

Isn't it tiresome to come back to that empty fridge? That was the last thing I felt like doing after we got home, after 2 weeks of MIL worrying about meals (and boy does she ever worry, because she really does cook, unlike DH & me, Queen of the Freezer and Lord of the Cans).

Lidian
  • Hey Ellis,
    Hi, I'll post about vaca in the chat thread...still haven't gone food shopping...but, I'm hanging in there with what was left here from before vaca. DP bought milk and fruit. I'm still doing well with my food and with not eating at night. I get weighed alot though...not too healthy for the mind but keeps me feeling good...like an instant reward to see that I am in the 170's and no longer in the 180's...every time I see it it spurs me on.

Love, Soozie
  • South Beach
    Well, I've started the South Beach diet today... not sure what to think. It really sucks not eating carbs for the next two weeks. But it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was going to be today, but I was expecting to be completely miserable. I better lose a lot of weight on this miserable thing. How much weight have you SB chicas lost so far and in what amount of time??
  • SOJO!! You miserable girl, you!!

We LOVE the SBD! Ruth and Den have lost on it, too. I've lost 15 pounds so far. I lost 5 within the first two weeks, 6 the following two weeks, and 2 pounds a week after that.
    I'm back on Phase I just for a week... I've been getting off-track and cheating a wee bit, and am stalled with the losing.

A lot of people have a wicked headache for about two days... it's your body getting off sugar. Most people agree on this being so much better than Atkins. It's healthy! You'll really notice a difference once you've detoxed. I'm very sensitive to sweet things now. I still LIKE them, but man... are they sweet!!

I'm eating WAY more veg than I used to.
    And to my surprise, I really don't miss bread/pasta/etc at all! (except for yesterday... see: french stick and pound of butter... some sort of a manic thing)

I hope you like it, hon!