200's and counting down...

You're on Page 3 of 10
Go to
  • Under 200, didn't think it would happen so soon. I have lost a lot this month due to eating vegan. I was losing before especially when I gave up processed food but eating vegan is so much better for me. I think my body loves holding onto fat so eating very little has made a difference.

Sorry for not being supportive. I know how much I appreciate it. I do read the posts but cannot keep up. I am trying to visit this forum at least a few times a month.
  • Weigh in day is tomorrow...I'm afraid to know. I went over my calorie budget yesterday and haven't had a sip of water in 2 days (I'm fighting a cold, and I don't know if it's just me but water when I'm sick is seriously like the worst feeling/taste ever). I'm sure there will be some water retention to pay, bleh!
  • Noshoes.... Thats fantastic! How exciting! Thats motivates me even more to get on the salad train! How many calories or points do you all spend on a salad? What do you like in your salads? Personally...I LOVE crumbled cheese. Strawberries instead of tomatoes and a lean protien!
  • Noshoes - Congrats
    Riot- Welcome We got this!
    npotyonek- have you tried the greek yougurt type salad dressing? The Opi has blue cheese and ceasar salad dressing are delicious!

Jen- whew! spent the week working, and taking care of my nephew. I also had a friend move in with her 2 kids this last week. Paaaaaacked house!
  • Tried and true recipes...
    I though maybe we could share some of our favorite recipes...

I made this tonight and it was delicious! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/c...-zucchini.html

I love this website. I don't think there has be a recipe I haven't liked yet. Personally I calorie count but it has all the facts listed including new and old WW points.
  • Skinny.....these recipies look sooo good! My DH does most of the dinner cooking so I have to either get him to try one or I take on the cooking for that day. The stuffed chicken looks really good. I usually stuff mine with green giant creamed spinach... Yummy!
  • Hi we'll I'm not in the 200s anymore but you can make it. I'm striving to get out the 90s. I just made a mini goal!
  • Way to go natural! Nopotyonek- it was ... Try the avocado black bean cucumber salad one if you like those things it's amazing!
  • I think i messed up my chance to see a negative this week! Grrrr. started out fresh hot McD' s fries that a coworker brought for us all to have some. I think i might have ate half the large. Then After a sensible dinner I finished off the bottle of wine sitting on the counter. Followed by allowing my DH to give me hummus & begal chips! I have one day a week I go crazy and I was so close to getting through the week on track! On a positive note.....my pants have been feeling looser than last week. I have not had a loss in 3 weeks...really need one! stupid fries!
  • Im so excited!!! I finally got my first loss in a month. I am 3 lbs less chubby! Lol! that gets me below 220! Im here to stay as I have some catching up to do! The salads are going well. Skinny I have not tried the yogurt dressings because I grew up on olive oil & vinegar so I dont really care for the heavy dressing. I like kens vinegar based dressings.
  • Well it's really nice to see a group for the 200's. I've been struggling to get under 250 for the past seven years. The closest I've gotten was 258 back in 2007 when I was doing nutrisystem. I had to stop nutrisystem first because of money and then secondly because of all the soy. I have thyroid disease (hashimoto's, hypothyroidism, and nodules) and had to have my entire thyroid removed back in 2010 due to a cancer scare with the nodule. I started WW July of 2012 and was able to get from 289.2 down to 267 by October. Unfortunately I've been back and forth, losing and gaining, losing and gaining all over 2013. I know this is mostly because of the holidays and a car accident that left me injured. But I'm healthy and starting over because I want to do whatever I can to be healthy and try to look my best for my wedding at the end of April. This time I started at 288 in January and I'm down to 276.5. So that is 11.5 lbs in two months. My fiance is also trying to loose because this is his first time being overweight in his life as a result from poor eating and not being able to work out from the accident. We've joined planet fitness and started off good but the past three weeks with all the snow and below freezing temps have really stunted us.

I'm scared that I will never ever get out of these high 200's ever again but I'm trying as hard as I can. How do we stay motivated? The past week has been a real struggle I have to admit. Eating out and wine/cocktails make it so hard. I went over 29 points last week but at least I still lost weight I guess. I don't know how that happened. I want to be healthy and I want to loose weight but at this point I can't ever imagine how I would make it work with less points. I'd have to work out hours a day. I'm the primary wage earner and as I look at my future and wanting to have a baby in the next year I just don't know how I'm going to do it all

Any words of encouragement and pieces of advice other than "it will all work itself out" would be much appreciated.
  • Welcome laylee!
    Congrats on your success so far and congrats on your upcoming wedding. Is it this year or next year? What WW program are you following? Im on the flex point program. I feel like I go over just about every week and Im averaging .75 lbs loss per week. You can do this! One day at a time right? I think many people do well setting small goals and getting rewards. but not in the form of food. For instance, I hit one this morning.....no longer in the 220's. Another goal is to have a fruit or veggi every time I eat....including snacks. So far so good today. lol. I wonder if wine counts as grapes?
    Natalie
  • Thanks Natalie.

My wedding is officially in seven weeks! Ugh I can't believe it and I have so many little details left to work out. So I'm just trying to keep it together and get through the rest of the planning process so I can just enjoy my day.

I'm following the points plus system with WW. It is basically the only thing that has ever consistently worked and fit with my lifestyle. We went to the gym for the first night in over a week last night and I'm feeling the pain today but at least I knocked out an hour of cardio When I really think about it I think my short term goal right now has to be getting under 250 lbs. I haven't been there probably in over ten years and I haven't been able to get there in my weight loss journey over the past 7 years. So only 16.5 lbs to go. It be awesome if I could do that by the wedding but that would be 2.4 lbs a week and I think that is a pretty lofty goal but I'd be happy to be in the high 250s by then.

I agree that small goals are important but I think my real hurdle is not letting life side track me four months in so that I loose all my progress. Four months this time around would be right around the time of my wedding and the following week is my birthday. It would be awesome if wine counted as grapes Congratulations on getting out of the 220s! I can't even imagine being in the 220s so that is quite a feat! What was the reward you gave yourself this morning? I just got to keep my eye on the prize I guess.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Leslie
  • Hi lesli! I think if you saty on track you could get darn close to your goal. I think it kind of depends on how you loose weight. I think you mentioned you had thiroid issues. which will be your pain in the backside. I have chronic fatigue syndrom so I get it! But just take it one week at a time and dont beat yourself up for being human and having bad days. Food is a pleasure and you dont want to be a bridezilla cause you havent had anything enjoyable in weeks. Do your best to stay on track each day, use your weeklies and when your big day comes you will be looking as beautiful as ever! Not only will your figure show it, but your skin will glow from making smart choices and all the wateryour drinking!
    I reward myself with 10.00 each week I do not gain. Then after a few weeks I go shopping for something new. Last trip I got 8 new pairs of panties and threw out the old, ugly stretched out ones! even if I stay the same I get paid because maintaining is just as important. I cant afford meeting so if I can stay on track without an eagles eye, I deserve to geta reward! Im saving for a new pair of jeans as I can almost pull mine off over my hips buttoned & zipped! What a feeling!
    Natalie
  • First day on site relieved to know support from others following Beck Diet Solution
    Hi, I'm in a biweekly nutrition, fitness, weight loss group which I'm glad to have found. However, they do not have a Cognitive component to the program, and so sabotaging thoughts that get in the way of our doing what we know we "should" do don't get uncovered and responded to. I'm looking for support from people who are actively using the CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) based approach of Judith Beck's two books: The Beck Diet Solution and/or Beck Diet for Life. When I googled Beck Diet and Support, this 3 Fat Chicks site came up. I have never posted on a blog, etc., so please forgive me if I don't get the lingo right just yet. Basically I am looking for support, insight and tips from people who are consistently implementing the cognitive approach (e.g. making the flashcards with the Advantages, Responses to Sabotaging Thoughts, Memory cards for how it felt when you practiced a skill and had a positive outcome, etc.

Hope to hear from some Beck CBT girls (or guys) soon.

In the meantime, all the best of the best for each of you as you follow your own path! And here's to giving yourself credit and celebrating the "little" successes