Just scheduled my tummy tuck!

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • I'll be going under the knife on February 7th, which also happen to be my 30th birthday. This wasn't really planned, it was just the first day where my surgeon's, my surgery center's, my mom's, and my calendar all synced up.

So um... happy birthday to me? LOL :P
  • Hi I,m rosey from Alaska,i post in the 50+ forum. I just had my tummy tuck and I wish a speedy recovery for you. I love the results and so will you.
  • Congrats! I would love to see before/after pix!!!
  • Yay!!!!! I hope that you have as good of a success as I had with mine! It will change your life!!
  • I will take some before pics and hide them away. They may only come out if the after pics are awesome

I consulted with 6 plastic surgeons before choosing mine. I really do feel that he is the best chance I have at the best results possible. I'm hoping to wear a bikini in the summer of 2014 for the first time EVER!
  • Quote: Hi I,m rosey from Alaska,i post in the 50+ forum. I just had my tummy tuck and I wish a speedy recovery for you. I love the results and so will you.
    Hi Rosey,

Do you have any pics?
  • Super yay!!!!!!
  • Mozzy! <3 <3 <3
  • Yay, I researched tons of Drs. Mine is in Houston. 4/22/14. So excited for you
  • yay and keep us updated
  • I think I am going to start a blog about it so I have somewhere to celebrate and complain
  • Hope it all goes well x

THAT is what scares me. Ok, we lose the weight and then are left with so much extra skin!

I remember seeing a woman on some reality prog. who had lost tons of weight and needed operations to remove skin from her arms, belly, etc.

And she said: This is my punishment for allowing myself to get so fat.

It depresses me to this day :-(
  • I wouldn't trade what I have have now for the extra weight any day.

With clothes on, I look totally normal, so there is no NEED to get the surgery if you don't want it.

My skin really only bothers me when I exercise or want to wear form-fitting clothing, so it's totally possible (as long as you aren't losing hundreds of pounds) to live totally fine with the extra skin

Don't worry about it. When you get to goal you can make the surgery decision
  • Yes I do have pictures. im 65 yrs young. my dr removed the lower portion of my stomach as the skin hung down almost half way to my knees. I had a lot of skin rashes and infections becuz of it, I had bariatric surg,lost 137# and kept it of for 3 yrs. when my ins was to be cancelled jan 1 (becuz of Obama care ) I wanted to have the surg while I had insurance. 8 weeks ago I had the surg,and was on my way to recover at my dd's home as I had the surg in anchorage and I live 350 miles from there.my dd lives near anch.no hosp stay. the dr was very strict,i had to drains that wehad to empty and measure every 6 hrs,i took antibiotics 500 mg round the clock till the drains came out 4 weeks later, I had good pain meds,no lifting and I had to wear a belly band (an elastic wide Velcro affair which I did not like)and no tub baths or showers,i did wash cloth baths till drains came out(not fun) she removed 32# of skin etc. I feel wonderful now that im healed. my incision ran from the middle of my back down across the pubic bone back up and around the other side. she removed my belly button and an old appy scar.Im still a chubby women,but so much smaller than I was. I now can wear normal undies without skin falling out and them getting twisted and for the 1st time since I was in my 20's I can wear a pair of zip and snap blue jeans. Im handicapped meaning my legs are paralyzed from the knees down and this surg has helped with my mobility. I hope im not being too graphic,but im so pleased with the results. I feel more normal than I have in years. any ways if you have any questions please ask. wishing good luck rosey ps as you can see my hanging stomach in the 1st pic. I still have a pooch as the dr said it was to dangerous to remove so much at once. the last pic is where I started. a big change I think

• Rosey - WOW 32 lbs of skin?! It must feel amazing! and to be back into zip and snap jeans must feel great too! Congrats on the weight loss and keeping it off for 3 years!