Just scheduled my tummy tuck!

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • I am supposed to wear a bikini bottom the day of surgery so they can mark the skin to make sure the scar would fall underneath it. So...

Today I bought my first bikini top!

My boobs are super saggy so I need something with a lot of support all over the place, so I wound up with a really expensive top. I skipped the $50 bottoms because it's a plain black top so I can buy plain black bottoms at Target to get marked up in, then buy them again in the correct size after the surgery.

Making progress!
  • OMG how exciting!!! I am looking forward to the before and afters. I know once I have finished losing I will be wanting skin removal surgery so I love reading others stories.
  • Congratz!! And i look forward to hearing about your journey

your before and after pics so far are amazing
  • I’m a Mom of 4 and had my last baby in April 2013. I decided now that I have finished having children I would give myself a much deserved gift of a new Tummy. I had my initial consult with my doctor and he explained that I needed to have stopped breastfeeding. The day of the procedure went smoothly and I was in and out in 2.5 I haven't had any problems post surgery and had no drain. I took only panadeine fort for pain relief and stopped on day 4.
  • I'm just over 4 weeks and trying to lose that damned holiday weight. I haven't been on the scale since the day after Christmas and am just focusing on eating right.
  • How awesome Underwater!! You have done so great this whole time! I've been MIA from here since October....back on it now since after the holidays are over and trying to catch up with everyone. I refuse to step on a scale for about another two weeks

I wish you well and good luck with the procedure! Can't wait to see after pics!
  • Thanks

I got on the scale today... 158. Not terrible, not great. Still focused on getting back to 155 for the surgery. Surgery is 4 weeks from tomorrow and I've been reading tummy tuck reviews non-stop on the internet. Some are great, some are terrible. I just have to have faith in my surgeon and hope I have a good recovery
  • Quote: Hope it all goes well x

THAT is what scares me. Ok, we lose the weight and then are left with so much extra skin!

I remember seeing a woman on some reality prog. who had lost tons of weight and needed operations to remove skin from her arms, belly, etc.

And she said: This is my punishment for allowing myself to get so fat.

It depresses me to this day :-(
    I am right there with ya! I think that was one of the reasons why i sabotaged myself...so i wouldn't have the saggy skin. But I have a wonderful husband of 3 years that told me I could get a tummy tuck and my thighs done when I hit my goal. Somehow he would make the financing happen. This is so encouraging. I haven't felt this good in so long.
    I am a new member to this site and everyone is so encouraging! With all the tools that are in place these days we can do it and will feel better about ourselves in the long run! good luck!!!
  • Underwater ~ My neighbor just had a tummy tuck and a boob job and she looks great! I will be thinking about you as you go through your surgery. Wish you all the best. Sounds like you did your research so you will be just fine! Can't wait to see your before and after pictures :-) CONGRATS!!!!!!
  • Thinking of you; the day is getting close!
  • I'm still at 158 and my surgery is 2 weeks away. I have all of my medications and also bough a recliner, which I've heard is great to have for the recovery.

I'm all paid up now, so there is no turning back.
  • Underwater, I'm happy for you You've done wonderfully … I wish you all the best, you look great
  • Very Awesome Underwater! Will be thinking of you!!! Can't wait to hear about how it goes!
  • I am so excited for you!!

As far as the weight goes, don't stress. I had more weight to lose when I went into surgery - a small amount won't matter. I'm 20 pounds lighter today then then day I went in.

I'll be thinking about you!!

Jen
  • Fingers crossed for an easy and speedy recovery for you!