nov-dec 2013 support chat

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hi Girls! Nice to see a conversation thread on this board!
    I've been slacking off on "really dieting" and, of course, I haven't lost weight in ages! Thankfully, I'm not gaining either.

As for breakfast, I usually have one egg and one slice of whole grain toast. I've been into different rye breads lately. I find I need a bit of carb to feel fulfilled.

Ricotta cheese on toast works for me too. Although, I don't think I could ever make it to noon without a small snack around 10am.

What are you currently eating for breakfast?
  • Tofu- if its workibg for you keep at it! I do suggest looking for some natural ways to keep blood sugar down later because metformin long term is really hard on your system but again..every person is different. As for me for breakfasts I usually have an omlette with bacon or chicken and spinach in it and some sort of potatos and fruit; or rarely I might do 2 eggs and some gluten free steel cut oats.

Congrats on not gaining veggie!!!

Sadly I had a stir fry for lunch yest n the excess quinoa sent me into a carb craving I think; le sigh.....
  • My favorite breakfast was two eggs and whole grain toast. But my dr says no more toast bc that might be why I tank around noon. If I have the time I cook steel cut oats with cinnamon, almond milk, and a tiny bit of brown sugar. Throw some apples or fruit in it.
    Hate that my new guy always wants to go to our favorite diner. Don't get me wrong I love it and its our little spot but it's so hard choosing something healthy. And when I work mornings I have a hard time being good about breakfast. So not a morning person.
  • Oh and to formally introduce myself, I'm Autumné. And I'm glad I found this website. No one around me rly understands what we go through
  • Hi autumne!!
    Easiest thing to do to help you eating out; ask for them to use cooking spray in preparing your food not butter or oil and skip the pasta/bread/ tortillas.
    Crashing from the bread would be either the carbs, the wheat/gluten, or both. Try having fruit instead of toast and add a small amount of cheese ( this is the only dairy I can tolerate personally..I think its because its triple processed to turn it into cheese from milk) or have apples and a nut butter with your eggs.
  • I do love having an apple or banana to eat between breakfast and lunch when working. And a yogurt between lunch and dinner. I was told to also try sprinkling cinnamon in things to help my blood sugar so I'm trying that. We're starting to realize I'm way more sensitive than we thought to my body changes and foods. Especially since we can't blame stress anymore, not when I tackled that beast with better life choices and relaxation techniques
  • Oh and the thing that ppl don't believe when they look at my body and weight is that I actually don't eat alot of carbs. My morning toast and some crackers in the afternoon would be it mostly. I can't remember last time I ate pasta, don't rly like it. Never order it out bc I could make it at home but never make it at home either. If I do go for carbs I opt for oatmeal, brown rice, or quinoa
  • Good idea! Keep in mind fruit alone can cause sugar spikes...fruit has LOTS of carbs n fructose so try pairing it with peanut butter or cheese to control spikes. The snack of fruit could be causing your crashes as well and not the toast, the toast is paired with protein/fat from the eggs....the fruit is not paired.
  • Oh great advice ill start pairing my apples with something
  • what most dont realize is the sugar in fruit behaves like starch (pasta, bread, etc) in out bodies, we still need fruit for vitamins, etc just be careful on how much you eat...yogurt has lots of carbs n sugar too. Most everything has carbs and most carbs act negatively on our body.
  • this is why I feel like there is no hope. Even the supposedly good stuff is bad for us. Constantly feeling defeated in this battle. Now I get to go home in a few days for a day celebrated by tons of food and watch my two beautiful thin blonde sisters gorge themselves on whatever they want with no consequence.
  • Honestly. Its a give and take..some can do lots of fruit others cant. The magic number SEEMS to be 100 carbs/day for pcos which is the equivalent to a cup of pasta, 2 apples and half a cup of berries. On the other hand some do AMAZINGLY well as vegetarians but I do mean vegetarians as in little to no pasta. Personally I use steel cut GF oats instead of bread in the AM and quinoa instead of rice with other meals. It works for me. Sadly there is no end all be all cure or diet for pcos because while we all have similarities, we also have many differences. Just because I cant do most dairy doesnt mean you cant! Experiment and try it. Fir ME personally I have 1 fruit with breskfast and veggies with lunch and dinner. If I want something stsrchy I have some potato or quinoa with dinber (they even make quinoa pasta). The key is to make the least destructive choices and keep to serving sizes of those choices. I use MFP because it tracks everything including sodium for me. What I can tell you; please remember they are things I have seen heard and tried in my own research and conversationsas well as trial and error. I am by no means an end all be all 100% correct person. Try things yourself and find your way. Ill be here to help n give advice if and when you need it but I highly suggest you do your own research and get other opinions then decide what works for you.
  • Thanks for getting it going!

Sorry I've been AWOL. Really don't want to get into details -- just lots of eldercare problems. Sigh.

But I missed being here and doing something for ME so I'm trying to be more present.

A.
  • Astrophe, I hope the New Year is better/calmer for you.

And I hope all the PCOS girls are having a good Christmas holiday.

I've been sick and missed the big family dinner, so, New Year's eve I'll make up some stuffing just for me. (maybe I'll add extra veggies and pretend it's not so bad, Ha!) I don't eat turkey, but I sure miss the stuffing!

New Years is approaching and time to get back to healthier habits, right?!!?
    I hope 2014 is good to all of us!
  • Thanks for the encouragement. I REALLY appreciate that. You have no idea. (I have another patient visit today but I'll be back to check in later. )

In the meanwhile..

January thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ml#post4911352

Come on over!

A.