Anyone suddenly gain back during first week IP?

• I started IP Monday 11/4, and by Thursday I was down 5 lbs. Friday was another .5 lbs, but Saturday I was up a full lb. and today, Sunday, up another whole lb.! I had my first baby 4 1/2 months ago so my TOM is still irregular, but it arrived on Saturday. I'm hoping that caused the gain due to water retention, but I have been on a new BC pill for a couple of months and have no idea if I'm retaining water or not. I have followed the plan to a T with absolutely no cheats of any kind. I'm going to the center tomorrow to weigh in and buy more packets, so I'll discuss it with whatshername then. I don't even care what their scale says; I weigh myself daily at home first thing every morning before showering, so that's the number I trust anyway. No clothes or breakfast or water yet to influence the number. Regardless, I'm concerned about the gains because I believe in this program and really want it to work for me. My weight fluctuates wildly anyway from day to day but being this restrictive on calories, I would expect to see losses no matter what. Go figure.
  • The plan works and it sounds like you are 100%. TOM can make a big difference, it is likely water. I know it's hard to resist getting on the scale each day but maybe wait a few days and then see. When I started I was weighing myself three times a day...sometimes in the middle of the night because I was so anxious about losing. Hang in there and it will happen.
    Congrats on your new baby.
  • You and I are having the *exact* same experience. I went from 182 to 176 in four days. Today back up to 178. 100% OP. I'm guessing part of that has to do with hydration, hormones, how much I've been eating etc.

I'd say if you're 100% OP, just hang in there. I'm not letting the fluctuation bother me.

I also trust the number on my scale first thing in the morning, naked, more than the number at the clinic, even though I'm looking forward to seeing that one go down, too!
  • It's normal I always go up 2-3lbs during TOM. It also takes time for your body to adj. this program can bring constipation on so make sure you are getting all water and veggies in. My clinic sales nova lax which helps keep you regular.