Intermittent Fasting Support Thread

You're on Page 16 of 34
Go to
  • Hi All-
    No Name- I started out intending to fast yesterday but made it til about two pm and just decided to eat something. I didn't go crazy, but did NOT fast! I think I was extra hungry from two hard bike rides on the weekend...I don't know..but that's my excuse anyway!
    Today I am counting cals, and will need to do that to stay accountable and not snack myself into calorie excess!! I work from home, so it can be a challenge to stay out of the kitchen - esp when bored or stressed!
  • I guess overeating on feast days isn't my problem - during the week at least! I only logged about 1400 calories yesterday, and I ate VERY well. I know my biggest issue is on the weekends, but at least this will keep me in check for now. Fasting today, then tomorrow after work we leave for our minivacation.

Trying to figure out what to bring to drink. Beer always seems to make me gain when I have more than a couple, I don't drink liquor straight (and I don't drink diet sodas, so I'd have to use regular soda/juice as a mixer). I guess wine it is! lol

Hope everyone's week is going well!
  • Can't help you on what to drink noname. I only drink twice a year and then I don't count calories I'm going on a mini vacay too, Mine will start after work Monday. Hoping I don't do too much damage.

I got my new scale opened and set up last night and the daggone thing had me one lb heavier. I'm not going to bother adjusting my ticker. But let me tell ya the body fat percentage was scary!!!! Hopefully this fasting will help cut it down quickly.

Have a great hump day everyone.
  • Have a great minivacation girls !I'm going to Mexico next week for a week. Also hoping I don't gain - I plan to just try to at least skip breakfast and maybe lunch most days and then eat a yummy dinner. Mostly I will be sitting around the pool and swimming but I always take about an hour or more beach walk daily and this time I am actually going to go to the gym a few times too.
  • Good morning all. I'm so jealous of all you guys vacations. I hope you all do very well with you eating and have much fun!

I have one more fast day to do this week. I'm excited about that because it has been hard for me doing 4:3. Next week I will be going to 5:2. I feel I had better take it down a little so that I don't derail all together. Again ladies good luck on vacay and have enough fun for me!
  • Ya know, work has been slow. Then as soon as I plan a vacation, it goes crazy and now I will have to dump all this in someone's lap while I am gone! Grrrrr
    At least when I am this busy, I don't want to snack
  • Thanks Yogini and ShaMac. The hubby and I are going to be in DC for a few days. We used to live there, so we always want to hit our favorite food joints. I'll probably have breakfast each day then not eat again until dinner. I think we will probably be walking around enough that I should be ok.

I'm trying to get my work tied up too, but I have to wait on others to finish my work and right now it's not looking good.

I commend those ofyou doing 5:2 or 4:3. I don't think I could do it. I get through the day knowing I can eat a big meal later.
  • Yogini99 Oh, I feel you! I have so much to get done today before being off tomorrow (so why am I here slacking?) lol

wvuchick Have fun! Oh man...DC has some amazing food. Are the cherry trees still blossoming? Hope the weather holds out for you. We'll be a couple hours southwest of there, and looks like lots of thunderstorms. Ugh.

My fridge is stocked for camping...way too much good food. Hopefully I can restrain myself a bit! But the good news is the scales were finally kind to me and I saw a loss this morning. Both my fasts went really well this week (I hardly ate anything last night, I was stuffed from just a few bites of chicken). I just need to get through the weekend without un-doing my hard work, and it looks like I need to do a back-to-back fast Monday and Tuesday next week. Yuck.
  • noname - Yes right now the rain looks awful. We try to go to Police Week (hubby is a PO) every year and I swear it rains almost every year. I'm hoping the forecast changes otherwise I'll be packing the rain gear. I don't think the trees will still have their blossoms. It is so beautiful there when it is. You're right about the food. The only thing we miss about DC is the food, so many choices and always good! Also congrats on your loss!!!!!! Onederland is just around the corner!

Have fun on your camping trip, sounds like fun!

I had a .4 lb gain this morning, but thanks to my new scale I saw that my water % went up. It's this heat, I retain water horribly when it's hot.
  • Girls- have an awesome time! Don't let the rain stop you
    WVU- what all does your scale give you? Water percentage?? Is it accurate? That's amazing.
    My scale finally moved today-hallelujah. I just had to do a business lunch- Thai food- what is healthy in a Thai restaurant??
    I got ginger chicken, brown rice. Yum. Didn't eat all the rice.
  • Yogini - Yes it measures weight, body fat %, total body water, muscle mass, and bone mass. I don't know how accurate it is, but I can step on it several times in a row and get the same numbers. So that has to be a good sign, right?
  • cool!! that is a good sign!!
    What is the brand?
  • Yogini: I got it on amazon. It got pretty good reviews and was a good price so that's why I went with it. It's called Epica Precision Pro Digital Body Fat Scale 400 lb. Capacity & Auto Recognition Technology. Long enough name?

So far I really like it. It showed my losing 0.1% bf this morning, which doesn't sound like much, but at my weight I'm guessing it is 1-2 lbs of fat, so I'll take it!!!
  • I finally weighed this morning. I'm not very happy with what I saw, 149.4, and wished I had waited another week. I don't know how much I started at because I refused to get on the scale until I started seeing some improvements.

I also messed up yesterday on my 500 cal day. And with this being the weekend it's probably only gonna get worse. Oh well, I'm really happy it's Friday and looking forward to the time off. I hope you all have a great weekend!
  • Thanks WVU! I think that scale sounds great despite the insanely long name..hahaha!
    ShaMac- the important thing is that you got on the scale- no hiding from weight! Once you know the truth, it's easier to do something about it right? I tend to not weigh myself when I know I have gained,and by avoiding it, it just makes it worse. But it's a fine balance so you don't get discouraged. I get that! Messing up on your fast day happens...you probably just broke even calorie wise. Just move on from it...i messed up on Monday for my fast day and still lost weight a couple days later
    Happy Friday everyone!!