Calorie Deficit

• Im having issues eating enough. Im just not hungry as much since ive been working out daily at the beginning or end of the day depending on the day. Im afraid Im not eating enough...barely entering 1200 cals and thats adding back in calories after working out. So for example I eat 1000-1200 and burn 300-400 so im at a 200-300 cal deficit daily for that low limit. I just feel so full after small meals...eating more would force myself to eat more. Do yall reccomend I start adding in protien powder to get more calories in and build muscle? Do you know a powder that is formulated for weight loss?
  • You can try a protein piwder, personally I never add in or even log excersice. If I reach 1200 im happy, if im under at like 1000 or so thats ok. Vice versa, if I eat out a day and end up at 1500 calories, thats cool too. I let my body tell me whats uo and do my best to provide it with alk yhe healthy nutrients I can.
  • I agree with the above.

But when I really feel a deficit (such as eating a light breakfast, doing an hour of weight training and needing to get through to lunch) I do take a low calorie protein shake.

It ain't cheap, but it does the job. My favorite is called Isoflex.

It's not easy to retain, let alone build, muscle on a calorie restricted diet. I have just about done it on my journey.

I now eat a lot of lean protein every day to fuel my exercise. But earlier on I ate less to lose weight.

It's a fine balance and you need to be careful depending on what your goals are.