Christian Encouragers-November 2013

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Mountain Walker! Glad to have you here!

Well, winter has come….supposed to get some more of that white, flaky stuff today…last week's went away quickly, so hoping today's doesn't overstay its welcome

The situation with my mother is not improving, so I will probably have to go to attempt a court order for committal. As I was reading in Colossians this morning, I realized that part of the problem with her is that she worships herself as an idol. Even though I know it's also the disease, she is unwilling to accept, even when on the meds, that she actually has a disease that affects the way she sees the world around her. She worships the way her mind is rather than accept that God gave her doctors and family who want her to be helped and normal and not paranoid and hallucinating. I know Satan has much to do with the thoughts she has, but she's never been willing to accept that, even though she has accepted Christ. She just will not let go of the irrational thinking that her mind is right and it's the rest of the world that's wrong. Right now, she's in the stage where she believes she's been toxically exposed and has become ill because of it, when, in fact, she's probably suffering from withdrawal from going off the meds without tapering. There is a remote chance she's had a reaction to the meds, but she had been taking this particular one for about 6 months without problem, so no one really thinks it's a new reaction. Problem is that she refuses to go to her psychiatrist or any doctor and said she'd refuse treatment if I called for an ambulance. Yesterday, she told me not to even come to her house, so, not sure what I'm going to do today. Prayers appreciated greatly!

Otherwise, as usual, we just try to go on with normal life…preparing for Thanksgiving, but we think we're actually going to go to MN and go out to eat with DH's mom and sisters this year, which will be kinda weird. I'm sure I've never gone out to eat for Thanksgiving before, plus, with all my food allergies, I probably won't actually be able to eat at the restaurant they're going to, so I'll just bring something of my own

Well, hope you all have a blessed day! Prayers continue for our dear friends Bargoo and Rosebud, as well as for all other requests mentioned on the Prayer Warriors thread. God bless!
  • ==================================================

HI ALL!!!

Just wanted to come in an say HI to you all; so glad to get back on net. A lot of people (GOD BLESS THEM HAVE BEEN WORKING IT. Please ignore my typos unless they are in Hungarian; then they may be a message from GOD.

I am in a beautiful hospice house; in a 4 Seasons hotel actually; It is comfortable and friendly. tHEY ARE TAKING GOOD CARE OF ME WITH Mama Wendy HELPING.
  • Quote: ==================================================

HI ALL!!!

Just wanted to come in an say HI to you all; so glad to get back on net. A lot of people (GOD BLESS THEM HAVE BEEN WORKING IT. Please ignore my typos unless they are in Hungarian; then they may be a message from GOD.

I am in a beautiful hospice house; in a 4 Seasons hotel actually; It is comfortable and friendly. tHEY ARE TAKING GOOD CARE OF ME WITH Mama Wendy HELPING.
    Thrilled tor hear from you. God bless you and remember you are in my prayers as well as others.
  • God Bless you Just wanna. I pray for your healing and remaining with the Father's loving arms around you.
    Ronni 62 I am so sorry you are going through such an difficult time with your Mum. I am not sure what she has wrong with her but my Mum had a type of early dementia which started in her late 50's and initially she became deeply unpleasant and selfish.We had never had a great relationship (long story) but it became progressivily worse.
    I would love there to be an easy answer but all I can say is take every offer of help, support and prayer from anywhere that it is offered and you will survive.
    God Bless you.
  • Rosebud-Hello! So happy to hear from you and glad you are in a nice place with lots of help. I am keeping you & your DH in my prayers constantly. Love you and miss you!

Well, I have a major praise to share today! My mom, ON HER OWN, called her psychiatric nurse practitioner yesterday and got in for an appointment (they knew there were problems because I had called them a couple days ago asking for advice). Mom ASKED to go back on her old medication which she feels gave her fewer side effects, so her nurse will be coming to give her injections every couple weeks. This is the first time, EVER, in my 51 years, that Mom has asked and willingly gone back on the meds without being forced or court-ordered. The ONLY way this could have happened is from God answering our prayers, so thank you all so much! Keep praying that the nurse gets there today, so Mom does not have time to change her mind by Monday.

Mountain Walker-To answer your question…my mom has bipolar schizophrenia and has had it since I was very young (and probably before I was born). She has never willingly taken the meds, as she has always believed that she has no illness and it's everyone else who's 'sick', so for her to go to her doctor to get meds (she had gone off them again a couple weeks ago, plus had gone off them earlier this year after a court order expired and she ended up state-committed…long story) willingly and independently is quite amazing and I know that only God could have caused this change in her attitude. Thank you for asking and for your prayers!

Hoping everyone has a nice day! We have a dusting of that white, flaky stuff again this morning…oh, well, I guess it really is winter. God bless you all!
  • PRAISE TO OUR GOD! For so many miracles & answers to prayers ... same goes out for you!

Just had a nice shower and BF comes soon too ...
  • Ronni 62, Praise God for His answer to prayers. How difficult it must have been for you especially as a child.
    I have mental health problems myself and know how difficult it is to be a good parent when the fog descends. Thank the Lord I am now stable and under the care of an excellent psychiatrist.
    God Bless
  • well I watched some figure skating and tv today just to pass time. its hard to find enuff to pass time but we are trying my best. watching some hockey right now between Detroit and Ottawa our capital team.

sister will bring some cards and games when she comes next; tomorrow im sure.
  • Hi Everybody,

I'm so happy to have found this thread. I'm really in need of encouragement and support. My feelings about loosing weight is something I don't really feel comfortable sharing with most people. But I know its not good to keep all of these emotions bottled up. I'm having a really bad eating week this week and it hurts my feelings. But I know that God is still good! I look forward to joining this group!
  • DOVE -- yes, it is hard; try not to take it too personal; we all struggle with this issue so it can't be personal for us all. it's a group thing really it is .... praying for you for peace .....
  • Dove I used to be my own worst enemy because I've gained and lost weight so many times that I absolutely hated myself for it and I was so sure that God was disgusted with me as well. Yes God is GOOOD!!! But the thing that has helped me is when I learned that God loves me so much that He loves me JUST LIKE I AM. I haven't learned to love myself as much as God wants me too, but I am better than I used to be. I had to learn this because I am great at taking others, but I didn't believe that I deserved to take care of me. I've learned that God expects me love myself enough to take good care of me. He doesn't get mad at me if I eat something that is off plan. It doesn't make Him turn His back on me. In stead, He wants me to ask Him to help me and then trust that He loves me enough to help me. I am not always successful at trusting my eating guidance from Him, but I can guarantee that when I do remember to ask Him and then trust Him, I eat healthier and I eat only as much as I need.

The big thing I know now is God loves me whether I stay on plan or not and He loves me no matter what I weigh. We have to learn to STOP BEATING OURSELVES UP. I pray you have a great journey.

Bargoo and Rosebud Love seeing you 2 hear again. You are such a great inspiration to all of us. You 2 are very much loved. Prayers continue coming your way.
  • Dove -- thanks, really appreciate your prayers and kind words; the day passes slow for me at times; will have a wee nap for awhile now as I tire easily, Pray healing right chest muscles from coughing phlegm .... thanks .....

Quote:
    We have to learn to STOP BEATING OURSELVES UP. I pray you have a great journey.

TRISH -- I so agree with that ....

ps, I am feeling so much better today; just gotta get the breathing as per ususal going to bed and moving ---- thanks!!!!!!
  • My cuz ANGIE and i had a super duper sleep-over;; so happy she came ....
  • Hey Everybody. I hope you all had a blessed holiday. Thank you all so much for the kind words and encouragement. Grace and Peace everybody!
  • Please go to new December thread