Noteworthy November Running!

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • I hope it's ok that I started the November thread - I didn't see one yet.

I did 3 miles yesterday. 3 slow crappy miles. I had planned to do 6 or more but my calf on my left leg is really sore and I'm not really sure why. So I cut it short to avoid hurting myself more.

I'd like to go today but think I need to take today off from running or any exercise that strains my calf.

Stupid leg!
  • 3 crap miles is still 3 miles.

I did 3miles yesterday with the other half, she is very slow and walks more than runs. I kept at her pace throughout and bounced on my toes all the way. Today my calves are screaming!
  • I had a goal this morning to get 18 done. I felt great the first few miles, but it was really cold (30 degrees) and extremely windy. My hands - even with gloves on - got really cold about 8 miles in and were killing me by mile 12. I ran the last 4 miles straight into the wind and finally surrendered when I passed my house at 17.28 miles. After a shower and excellent lunch I'm mad at myself for not finishing up the .75 miles!!!

Jen
  • Great Job Running!

CherryPie, I'm in awe! If I ever get up to running that much, I think it would only be in marathon training.

About my 5k yesterday... I'm still annoyed about the "you did so great we don't have a medal for you because we didn't order one" They said they'd have it made and mail it to me but still

I did two 5ks a weekend for several weekends in a row(I think 6) until I decided if one is fun two is not necessary more fun Besides I need my Sundays for a long run.

I did a long run in a park about 30 minutes from me. It was amazing. Its a forest so tons of trees, very little traffic(saw a few cyclists), and the changing colors on the leaves were just beautiful! I'm from VT so this was the closest I was going to get to Fall up there. Oh, and did I mention hills! This park has mega hills! I ran up and down several with a few flats mixed in. My husband had friends camping there so I used mapmyrun to decide my route and he dropped me off and I finished 7.5 miles at the camp.

Slight foot pain in formally injured foot(plantar fasciitis like). Probably due to the constant up and down motion on the hills. Its time to switch shoes I think too.
  • Planning to start tomorrow, hoping this thread will help me overcome shyness getting on treadmill at the gym at work after work, thanks for the inspiration!
  • Sorry for late start starting... actually Lizzy going forward would you want to take over the monthly thread??
  • I love this thread! I did not have time to run 10k today (I am traveling abroad for work) but did manage to get a cheeky "fast" 5k in before lunch in the hotel gym. Started running at 10.5km/hour (sorry, there's no mph on the running machine here in Belgium) and finished at 12.4km/hour. Took about 26 minutes including my usual 0.1km walk warm up at the beginning.

I am hoping to get up early tomorrow to run my usual 10k. That takes about 57 minutes.

My usual rule is to leave at least 24 full hours before running again but I am guessing the cheeky 5k won't count.
  • Did my first 12km run yesterday and believe my body didn't like that! Came home on the verge of spewing my guts out and my hips were sore. Oh well, at least I got to watch some men playing soccer... half were topless
  • Quote: Sorry for late start starting... actually Lizzy going forward would you want to take over the monthly thread??
    Oh I'm sorry! I hope I didn't step on any toes!
  • Well, I've started my 16 wk half marathon training. Two easy runs each week and a long one on the weekends. I will be traveling for basically the whole month of November, so i will get a tour of boring hotel gyms. I'm not sure what pace to run / train at. I think I normally run slower than I should - but it's hard to gauge how fast is good vs too fast.
  • I did a short for me COLD run today. It was an unseasonable low 20s out this morning! I got in 30 minutes (just over 2.5 miles) before the breeze and runny nose made me nuts.

Here's hoping for a longer, warmer run later this week.
  • I just ran 10k in the hotel gym. Nice.

Now for some breakfast.
  • 2 nov - me and my sister usually run together but that time she couldn't, so I'm happy that I finally did it by myself for the first time without losing motivation ran about 2.16 miles (according to my nike+ app)

3 nov - did about 2.21 with my sis

today (holiday!) - ran alone again *sobs* for about 2.23 miles (only increased a little lol)

I'm still nowhere compared to you guys but will keep going on!
  • Super short today - 1.5 miles. My calf still feels tight and off. I also really had to go to the bathroom lol. But my leg is feeling better so I'm going to keep taking it easy this week and hopeully by the weekend it'll feel normal.
  • Quote: Oh I'm sorry! I hope I didn't step on any toes!
    Oh no! Sorry not at all, I've just been slacking on this thread b/c my running has dramatically slowed...I'm PREGNANT lol. So I'm hoping someone might want to pick it up for me If you can't or don't want to let me know, no biggie!